Question Battery life

Search This thread

Mobzter

May 9, 2010
That is some amazing result. Do you debloat or run any adb commands? Is adaptive battery and put unused apps to sleep enabled or disabled?
It was purely luck. Doubt I'll ever reach that mark again 😅 I'm just happy that I'm consistently getting a minimum of 8hrs SOT.

I have debloated my phone by pretty much getting rid of things that i don't use/have any need for. Started off with disabling. Then once happy that everything seemed to be working fine for a few days. I used adb to uninstall 'em.

They are both disabled 👍

Mobzter

May 9, 2010
Whatever he got going on might also be with the apps he is using. Gonna try them out because I do see a difference in app battery drain with Instagram for example. Yesterday I got 14% drain with 1hr and 30min compared to his instander 6%!
So I will be using all the apps he uses!!
Interesting! I didn't think too much of that, as I've been using these apps for a long time now. I usually like the modded versions cause they're usually customizable or have additional tweaks.

Reactions: dabrownie

Cr1meCop

For me it needed over 3 weeks for my SOT to get "better". At begging of usage i got around 3.5/4 hour's max with ridiculously low standby time. I tried hard reseting device in recovery 2 times, but i didn't notice any significant improvement, so i was really on edge to get device back ! But i decided to wait a little, and eventually it started to geting better, and around 3/4 weeks later battery finally "settled" and now i got around 5/6 hours SOT and around 22h standby time. I have brightness around 40%, bluetooth always on, FHD+, adaptive Hz, and Wifi 65% of time, most of apps in deep sleep except apps that need sync (WhatsApp, Viber, Gmail etc...).
Im not completely satisfied but is lot better then it used to be, i wish i cant "catch" around 7.5/8h in daily use, but unfortunately I don't think is possible without havy deblotainig.
Edit: I forget to notice is Exyons version.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220502-130330_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20220502-130330_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Reactions: jayr04
For me it needed over 3 weeks for my SOT to get "better". At begging of usage i got around 3.5/4 hour's max with ridiculously low standby time. I tried hard reseting device in recovery 2 times, but i didn't notice any significant improvement, so i was really on edge to get device back ! But i decided to wait a little, and eventually it started to geting better, and around 3/4 weeks later battery finally "settled" and now i got around 5/6 hours SOT and around 22h standby time. I have brightness around 40%, bluetooth always on, FHD+, adaptive Hz, and Wifi 65% of time, most of apps in deep sleep except apps that need sync (WhatsApp, Viber, Gmail etc...).
Im not completely satisfied but is lot better then it used to be, i wish i cant "catch" around 7.5/8h in daily use, but unfortunately I don't think is possible without havy deblotainig.
For me it's quite the opposite. At the beginning it was good, now it's really a trash
Exynos

mookiexl

Getting better as I learn the device. No adaptive battery, Suspend execution of cached apps enabled, all seldom used apps set to sleep with lesser used apps set to deep sleep, GalaxyHz set at 24hz-120hz, Naptime set to aggressive doze. Really can't complain with SD US version

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220502-164649_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220502-164649_Device care.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 202

dabrownie

Nov 7, 2021
On light usage, I got 2 full days out of it which is awesome. It's a weird feeling not having to always plug in my phone every night.
Something that I noticed on the battery usage is that it doesn't account for Hotspot. I used hotspot for at least an hour. So I'm pretty sure that my SOT would have been at least an hour more because I was streaming music on Tidal and for those that know, Tidal uses a lot of data.

And another note, when my battery gets down to 5%, anything I do from that point on will just drop the battery percentage like a rock. So it will go from 5% to 2% and then 1% within a minute or 2, literally!

Screenshot_20220505-082933_Device care.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Venom0642

Recognized Contributor
I have purchased my s22 ultra yesterday (S908E) but my SOT lasts 3 hours only😔
If you just bought it yesterday, then yes you will see something like that , but you have to understand need to let the phone and battery to settle and learn your routine so give it a week should be better your battery life.

Reactions: mrjoy

Mobzter

May 9, 2010
On light usage, I got 2 full days out of it which is awesome. It's a weird feeling not having to always plug in my phone every night.
Something that I noticed on the battery usage is that it doesn't account for Hotspot. I used hotspot for at least an hour. So I'm pretty sure that my SOT would have been at least an hour more because I was streaming music on Tidal and for those that know, Tidal uses a lot of data.

And another note, when my battery gets down to 5%, anything I do from that point on will just drop the battery percentage like a rock. So it will go from 5% to 2% and then 1% within a minute or 2, literally!

View attachment 5606813
Yeah the last 5% thing pretty much happens to everybody, don't worry.

dabrownie

Nov 7, 2021
I never had that issue of battery life being that low. On day one I got about 6hrs and from there it slowly kept going up. I've had the phone now for about 3 weeks.
To me that's strange but of course I would give it a few days and if it wouldn't go up, I would return it, but that's just me. I traded in the Pixel 6pro for this one because of the battery life on it

mrjoy

Aug 24, 2012
The Heaven Of Punjab
If you just bought it yesterday, then yes you will see something like that , but you have to understand need to let the phone and battery to settle and learn your routine so give it a week should be better your battery life.
Thanks for you advise. Does it takes time to extend battery life for new device or We have to adjust any special settings to increase SOT?

kamrul.auntu

Apr 16, 2011
Dhaka
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

View attachment 5606813
17 minutes of usage of Facbook eaten up almost 5% of battery. Facbook is the only apps which drains battery extensively. I was very much frustrated about the battery backup of S222U, later on I give up using facebook and start using facebook lite and now I am getting good battery life.

dabrownie

Nov 7, 2021
17 minutes of usage of Facbook eaten up almost 5% of battery. Facbook is the only apps which drains battery extensively. I was very much frustrated about the battery backup of S222U, later on I give up using facebook and start using facebook lite and now I am getting good battery life.
You know, now that you mention it, I have put Facebook on deep sleep and I still get notifications all the time!! It's so annoying! I think I will just uninstall it and just use the browser when I actually need it. I use it like once a month anyways.

Well well.... I just checked my battery settings and found Facebook eating away at my battery just now 😑

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220506-121954_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220506-121954_Device care.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 86

Venom0642

Recognized Contributor
You know, now that you mention it, I have put Facebook on deep sleep and I still get notifications all the time!! It's so annoying! I think I will just uninstall it and just use the browser when I actually need it. I use it like once a month anyways.

Well well.... I just checked my battery settings and found Facebook eating away at my battery just now 😑
That's why i only use Facebook from Samsung browser doesn't eat your battery like Facebook app does.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are alll the tweaks and debloating list on this site:

Follow this is it
    I uninstalled Facebook 3 years ago. My battery life improved dramatically.
    Can you provide the differences between using Alliance Shield X and ADB uninstall? Is one easier than the other and is disabling using Alliance the same as removing it in ADB when it comes to battery life?
    Alliance Shield X allows you to disable apps, but they still remain on phone and take up space.

ADB uninstall allows you to completely remove the apps off the phone, which in turn saves space.

That's my basic understanding of it. However, Alliance Shield X has other features too. Forexample, i use one to prevent apps access to the internet via wifi or mobile data, or both.

I think removing it would help prevent it from loading, hence save some battery, i suppose. Maybe free up ram too.

Someone else would probably be better at explaining it, than me.

ADB install is easy to do, once you've set it up. I'm sure there's many guides on XDA somewhere.

The other thing about disabling it, than removing it straight away, is that you can see if that disabled app causes any adverse reactions. You can simply re-enable it again, if that is the case. However when you remove completely, it'll be extra work, if possible to get it up and running again.

Hope any of that made sense lol.
    My Phone runs actually 2Days and 1hour without Charge. I have 7% remaining and 6h 5 Minutes SOT.
    I Use energysaver mode(always on+bluetooth+wlan is non stop on) and all apps in deepsleep that i dont need

For me it´s good so far^^
    My best one ever!

Screenshot_20220319-084539.jpg
    Very happy :) Exynos!