Question Battery life

Search This thread

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
You know, now that you mention it, I have put Facebook on deep sleep and I still get notifications all the time!! It's so annoying! I think I will just uninstall it and just use the browser when I actually need it. I use it like once a month anyways.

Well well.... I just checked my battery settings and found Facebook eating away at my battery just now 😑
Yes, and it was doing the same with your old phone! Social media apps = malware.

dabrownie

Nov 7, 2021
Yes, and it was doing the same with your old phone! Social media apps = malware.
That is true. But I didn't have Facebook on my Oneplus 7pro nor on Pixel 6pro and yet the Pixel barely made it to 6hr SOT while the 7pro made it to 7hrs SOT. (haha 6 and 6 and 7 and 7)

Anywho, I got the 22 Ultra and right away noticed that the battery was insanely good so I got Facebook on here but even after putting it to deep sleep I still got notifications. So I just uninstalled it a bit ago. Let's see how my battery does now.

Reactions: robi101012981

jayr04

Oct 31, 2007
Los Angeles
I wiped the cache partition last night and this is probably the first day I'll get a full day without charging it. 4pm and 60% battery left.

sonumb1989

Jun 17, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Anyone having issue with battery life, just delete facebook app and you re good to go. I am using fb lite instead and got very good result (whd+, 10-96hz using Galaxy Max Hz)

Screenshot_20220507-080216_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sen2012

Mar 31, 2012
LG V20
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Don't know about anyone else, but battery life has insanely improved since release. Can Samsung push updates under the radar that aren't part of the major ones? It seems like it all of a sudden just happened and got much better.

Edit : Snapdragon unlocked

Reactions: bodomfan

LovingIt

Jul 5, 2022
When would be a good time to debloat? Straight away after getting the phone or letting it settle in first? Thanks

Reactions: axel88pl

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
When would be a good time to debloat? Straight away after getting the phone or letting it settle in first? Thanks
I do not recommend debloating, at least initially. Why not just tweak normal android settings and see how much battery life you can get? Many people have gone a little too far with debloating and end up getting rid of features they need. Sure, you can recover from it but you can spend a lot of time trying to figure it out.

I can get 8-10hrs of SOT without debloating or rooting and are very happy with the S22u.

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
I do not recommend debloating, at least initially. Why not just tweak normal android settings and see how much battery life you can get? Many people have gone a little too far with debloating and end up getting rid of features they need. Sure, you can recover from it but you can spend a lot of time trying to figure it out.

I can get 8-10hrs of SOT without debloating or rooting and are very happy with the S22u.
With 1440p and 120hz on?

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
I have enabled 1440p but not 120hz. My eyes are not that great and 120hz does not make a noticeable difference for me. If I did turn it on it would probably impact SOT by about an hour or so.
Had mine for about a week now and the most I got was 6 hours 40 min screen on time, with 1440p and 120hz on. It was literally dead at that point though. It's been a big disappointment though, standby drain and just generally losing battery without screen on has been abysmal. I did use smartswitch though. Did you? I may set it up again without it but that is going to be a huuuuge pain in the ass.

LovingIt

Jul 5, 2022

Good point thanks, I'm in Europe, I used the phone for a week normally (working from home, working in the office, Reddit, browser, email and Twitter only) with no settings changed and saw awful battery life dead in 10 hours with 4 hrs SoT so thought I would try a different approach.

So reset it, I've not debloted it but put apps to sleep and turned off WiFi/Bluetooth scanning etc and also set the refresh to 96hz, and i have since managed to get around 15 hours from it with 4 hours SoT, which is still very poor.

I agree, I see no need to debloat it to the point that you are just left with something akin to a cmd terminal lol

But I don't honestly get it, I don't Game or stream yet get vastly lower standby time and SoT to some people and ironically more than others.

Yes, I've heard the arguments it's how you use a phone and what for etc but if we take that logic I would get 6/7 SoT with the same type of usage from my Pixel 5a over 48 hours.

Thanks for the reply :)

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
Had mine for about a week now and the most I got was 6 hours 40 min screen on time, with 1440p and 120hz on. It was literally dead at that point though. It's been a big disappointment though, standby drain and just generally losing battery without screen on has been abysmal. I did use smartswitch though. Did you? I may set it up again without it but that is going to be a huuuuge pain in the ass.
Yes, I used Smart Switch to move everywhere over to my S22u. I've found putting as many apps into deep sleep sleep as possible and not using social media apps was helpful. Use your browser for social media instead of the app.

Reactions: xgerryx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I uninstalled Facebook 3 years ago. My battery life improved dramatically.
    Can you provide the differences between using Alliance Shield X and ADB uninstall? Is one easier than the other and is disabling using Alliance the same as removing it in ADB when it comes to battery life?
    Alliance Shield X allows you to disable apps, but they still remain on phone and take up space.

ADB uninstall allows you to completely remove the apps off the phone, which in turn saves space.

That's my basic understanding of it. However, Alliance Shield X has other features too. Forexample, i use one to prevent apps access to the internet via wifi or mobile data, or both.

I think removing it would help prevent it from loading, hence save some battery, i suppose. Maybe free up ram too.

Someone else would probably be better at explaining it, than me.

ADB install is easy to do, once you've set it up. I'm sure there's many guides on XDA somewhere.

The other thing about disabling it, than removing it straight away, is that you can see if that disabled app causes any adverse reactions. You can simply re-enable it again, if that is the case. However when you remove completely, it'll be extra work, if possible to get it up and running again.

Hope any of that made sense lol.
    My Phone runs actually 2Days and 1hour without Charge. I have 7% remaining and 6h 5 Minutes SOT.
    I Use energysaver mode(always on+bluetooth+wlan is non stop on) and all apps in deepsleep that i dont need

For me it´s good so far^^
    Lol 😆 SOT 2hrs 43min at 82% by the end of the night I'll get another 10hrs SOT lol 😆 View attachment 5585005
    The numbers aren't as important as their background ... 🤭
    Very happy :) Exynos!