Question Battery life

Search This thread
Pretty bad the first day (drained 40% in 12 hours of not doing anything).
This is currently day 3 of me using it. The battery learning or whatever is done and it is noticeably better (but not perfect). Although the fact that on low brightness/ambient light you are stuck with 120Hz kinda kills the battery in the evening.

Last edited:

Goku1992

Pretty bad the first day (drained 40% in 12 hours of not doing anything).
This is currently day 3 of me using it. The battery learning or whatever is done and it is noticeably better (but not perfect). Although the fact that on low brightness/ambient light you are stuck with 120Hz kinda kills the battery in the evening.
Thats sad mate... hoped that the Battery will be atleast as good as my s21 ultra...

Hope an Update will fix this. Also using 120hz and Füll HD and mostly mobile data. ...

Goku1992

My Phone runs actually 2Days and 1hour without Charge. I have 7% remaining and 6h 5 Minutes SOT.
I Use energysaver mode(always on+bluetooth+wlan is non stop on) and all apps in deepsleep that i dont need

For me it´s good so far^^
So without 120hz?
Thats my s21 ultra...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220220-204206_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220220-204206_Device care.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 1,803
Reactions: sunny1971
Thats sad mate... hoped that the Battery will be atleast as good as my s21 ultra...

Hope an Update will fix this. Also using 120hz and Füll HD and mostly mobile data. ...
When it comes to battery drain while the phone is not doing anything (just sitting with the screen off and all apps closed) it is worse than my almost 4 years old S9+...
While using it it is hard to tell, but sometimes it seems to just eat through the battery.

Reactions: F1USGP

Goku1992

When it comes to battery drain while the phone is not doing anything (just sitting with the screen off and all apps closed) it is worse than my almost 4 years old S9+...
While using it it is hard to tell, but sometimes it seems to just eat through the battery.
Think the "day one patch" will fix it a bit. Many people have stutter issues seems like driver Problems with the AMD gpu. it will release this Week.

Goku1992

I hope. Although people say that updates won't fix it or make it better, the phone is running firmware from January 1st. So it seems like a prerelease to me.
Yes the phone isnt officially out yet... Updates Wort fix something? The fixed my s21 ultra which also had bad battery in the beginning.... also Performance is was better than on Release day...

ekerbuddyeker

Day one battery life is pretty awful! Hope it improves..

. I take it off at 100% and I watch the battery tick down almost immediately. Just general use dropped 16% in the first hour. Hope it gets better than this.

Q: Whats the name of the Samsung optimizer app that.one is supposed to run after an update?

Last edited:
I have 2 full days in now, and the battery life is good. S22U 512K unlocked SD version, no power savers, adaptive brightness. I have fast charge turned off and using Anker wireless charger, recharge in about 3-4 hrs.

Feb 23rd : 8h 43m SOT, 8h 22m screen off, 36% remaining at end
Feb 24th : 8h 48m SOT, 7h 51m screen off, 46% remaining at end

bobxxz

Aug 29, 2015
I'm on day 5. S22 Ultra with 12/256. It is technically getting better but I do not like how quickly it drains. I been finishing about 5-6 hours SOT max but with battery almost completely dead. Just from unplugging it and driving to work checking notifications, it goes down to 97%. Never seen a battery drain that quickly. Maybe I am just spoiled from the iPhone battery. Also running everything max QHD, 120Hz, auto brightness and Snapdragon version.

One additional comment, I wonder if the battery drain could be due to the GPU and people's different usage patterns. I don't watch a lot of video or play games and my battery seems OK. That and the reports of the phone getting really hot when playing games and the refresh and screen glitches makes me wonder if people reporting higher drain are using the GPU more.

Reactions: mitranator

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I uninstalled Facebook 3 years ago. My battery life improved dramatically.
    Can you provide the differences between using Alliance Shield X and ADB uninstall? Is one easier than the other and is disabling using Alliance the same as removing it in ADB when it comes to battery life?
    Alliance Shield X allows you to disable apps, but they still remain on phone and take up space.

ADB uninstall allows you to completely remove the apps off the phone, which in turn saves space.

That's my basic understanding of it. However, Alliance Shield X has other features too. Forexample, i use one to prevent apps access to the internet via wifi or mobile data, or both.

I think removing it would help prevent it from loading, hence save some battery, i suppose. Maybe free up ram too.

Someone else would probably be better at explaining it, than me.

ADB install is easy to do, once you've set it up. I'm sure there's many guides on XDA somewhere.

The other thing about disabling it, than removing it straight away, is that you can see if that disabled app causes any adverse reactions. You can simply re-enable it again, if that is the case. However when you remove completely, it'll be extra work, if possible to get it up and running again.

Hope any of that made sense lol.
    My Phone runs actually 2Days and 1hour without Charge. I have 7% remaining and 6h 5 Minutes SOT.
    I Use energysaver mode(always on+bluetooth+wlan is non stop on) and all apps in deepsleep that i dont need

For me it´s good so far^^
    My best one ever!

Screenshot_20220319-084539.jpg
    Very happy :) Exynos!