• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Battery on CM7 and CPU speed

Search This thread

blackangel104

Mar 6, 2011
Monroe, Louisiana
I've flashed cm7 yesterday and I've noticed that the battery life isn't that good. Is it gonna get better? I recalibrated the battery last night and I've seen little improvement ...and is there a way to change the CPU speed?

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
I've flashed cm7 yesterday and I've noticed that the battery life isn't that good. Is it gonna get better? I recalibrated the battery last night and I've seen little improvement ...and is there a way to change the CPU speed?

You might be stuck with the battery you have post calibration. As far as CPU speeds I believe you can slow down the speed but you cannot speed them up. We need unlocked bootloaders for that

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

blackangel104

Mar 6, 2011
Monroe, Louisiana
You might be stuck with the battery you have post calibration. As far as CPU speeds I believe you can slow down the speed but you cannot speed them up. We need unlocked bootloaders for that

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Dang it son!!! ight, it seems like my battery is worse off than it was before I flashed the ROM .... I guess I'm s.o.l then

Triscuit

Jun 11, 2010
Bonita Springs, FL
Give the rom a couple days to "level" out. I just flashed eclipse 2.1 on my room mates phone and the first couple days his better life sucked and then it better and better, I suggest you do a battery calibration, some say it works others say it doesn't. I feel like it does.

Sent from my DX2CM7 RC1

RyanThaDude

Jul 20, 2011
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 2 XL
One thing I've noticed between the Blur-based ROMs and CM7 is that it seems that the display uses a lot more in CM7. On Blur ROMs "Phone Idle" has the highest % and on CM7 it's "Display". I've tried dimming the display and/or shortening the timeout but it doesn't really make much difference.

Also, FWIW, battery calibration is useless: https://plus.google.com/u/0/105051985738280261832/posts/FV3LVtdVxPT

Reactions: thelowend

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
One thing I've noticed between the Blur-based ROMs and CM7 is that it seems that the display uses a lot more in CM7. On Blur ROMs "Phone Idle" has the highest % and on CM7 it's "Display". I've tried dimming the display and/or shortening the timeout but it doesn't really make much difference.

Also, FWIW, battery calibration is useless: https://plus.google.com/u/0/105051985738280261832/posts/FV3LVtdVxPT

Thanks for providing that link.

Come over to the dark side...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.