Battery problem

Search This thread

Pruikki

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
So battery life issue? Im so happy i did not update to oreo from B9 7.1.1
Wipe cache partiton?

also, Do the whole 0 to 100% thing to calibrate battery. install gsam and Akku app to see battery info,check for anomalies.

maybe this helps, maybe it does not.

Predatorhaze

Feb 18, 2016
Gelderland
when my battery is charged for 68% and i unplug it on 68%...1 minute later it sits on 69%.It charged 1% when not plugged in.Or when my phone boots on 53%,i unlock with pin and then it drops to 52% and is stuck on 52% for a long time.Weird.

Last edited:

Menergy

Dec 12, 2016
I would support Pruikki about wiping cache partition and calibrating your battery. I had problems similar to yours and have solved them (hopefully) with both of the above.

My battery is the original one and the device is about/a little bit more than 2 years, currently on B03 Oreo. I am sure my battery is still OK but after recent OS upgrades it went mad. The phone will turn off sometimes at 51% battery, sometimes it will reach 100% in 40 minutes from almost empty, or I will see battery charging 1 percent up every few seconds. Or even the phone will turn off at 23% but will show more than 50% immediately when connected to the charger.

I'd try discharging the phone completely until it reaches zero but real zero. The last time it happened to me, the phone turned itself off at 17% claiming it was empty. I started it on and the battery showed 17% (not zero) and stayed at 17 for quite a while. However the first time the phone got loaded, like watching YouTube video in the browser, it turned off again on its own. This repeated a few times until I made sure that the battery was completely squeezed off and not only I couldn't start it but when connected to the charger it shows the left yellow bar and no percentage.

Then you need to connect it to the charger but not turn on and make sure you charge it to 100% while it is off. I'd keep it at 100% for a few minutes to make sure it really reached it. Then you start the phone and let it boot. It is recommended that you repeat this procedure again - discharge again to 0, charge to 100% un-powered, then start over - although once should be OK too. In my case, the phone does no longer turn off before reaching zero but I am yet to see how long this will last. I wiped off the cache partition too since it stores various data that may interfere with the settings, especially after software update.

Predatorhaze

Feb 18, 2016
Gelderland
This does not work,i also recommend you dont do this...this make the battery worst...i already tried.
its possible to charge to 100 but when you unplug it,it goes to 99 directly.
I also tried other bootstacks with other twrp version.And sometimes it shows other battery% when i did not plugged the charger

Menergy

Dec 12, 2016
For me it works but I am stock. I'd sometimes charge it to 93-94% before 7am, will use it slightly throughout the day for Instagram, Whatsapp, some browsing, music listening on the way to and from work (1 hour at least total) with about 1-1.5 hours total SoT and around 8pm I'd still have some 15-8% when connected to the charger.

This is after wiping out the cache partition and doing 0-to-100% charging while off and no restart yet. Battery really goes 99-98% upon starting it upon the battery calibration process when the charger is off, still it works OK now. I noticed that after every restart phone memories the battery state prior to the restart and sometimes will turn off at this level long before zero. I don't say it will be the same for you, but this is how it does for me. I don't dare changing the original battery myself and will keep the phone for as long as it functions, even if I buy something else.

Nothing, really nothing even of the current flagships (apart from LG but there are loads of other issues there) offers dedicated second amp, fully rectangular screen at 2K (not the sh*tty FHD+), not to mention the amazing front facing stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos with extra internal settings (not just on and off button), and 3.5mm phone jack and not some mediocre adapters all at the same time. Sorry, but if ZTE offered the same device with bigger battery, improved camera and SD 855, it would have overtaken the sales of any so claimed flagships all around, even if it matched their prices. At least I would have gone for ZTE again...

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone