Battery recalibration after ROM update

Search This thread

walter79

Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2006
http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/nexus-one-faq-how-tos/5625-calibrate-your-battery.html

RECALIBRATION:

A recalibration is mostly needed, when dealing with different kernels (ROOT!). Most custom recovery images provide the option "battery stats wipe" under the menue "Wipe".

Here is how ya do it!

1. Enter Recovery Mode
3. Enter "Advanced"-Menue
4. do "Wipe Battery stats"
5. reboot

Calibrate the battery by completely draining it until the phone completely shuts itself off.
Turn the phone on again and let it shut itself off one more time.
Then charge your phone while it is off for over 8 hours.
This will fully charge the battery so that when the Android is turned on, it now sees the battery as full.

It is recommended to repeat this process at least one more time.

You should see a significant increase in your battery’s charge life.

Calibration of a battery can be done at any point and a maintenance calibration is recommended every month.

DOCIOHN

Oct 21, 2008
frue.tk
Hi,
Your posted information doesn't sound true for me. Why should recalibrating increase the battery life? The battery is full when the end voltage is reached an no more charge can be taken (4,2v @ lipo) and it is empty if the minimum allowed voltage is reached (should be with Deffy's technology 2,8v?). So why should recalibrating increase battery life?
Greetings, Jo:confused:

Last edited:

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi,
Your posted information doesn't sound true for me. Why should recalibrating increase the battery life? The battery is full when the end voltage is reached an no more charge can be taken (4,2v @ lipo) and it is empty if the minimum allowed voltage is reached (should be with Deffy's technology 2,8v?). So why should recalibrating increase battery life?

It's well known that this procedure will indeed produce better battery performance. Most devices have a similar procedure. Even HTC has given some calibration procedures in order to improve battery performance.

jakiej

Jun 7, 2006
Hi,

lion battery recalibration/recondition was already there long before android even existed...

pl4cid

Dec 16, 2010
Since I flashed several ROMs I tried this and I am happy! :) Battery consumption seems to be better after this workaround. I'm on 1.3 Ghz @ 72 Vsel with my Defy and easily reach an uptime of 2 days, mostly a bit more..
Thanks again! :)

Matze88m

Nov 20, 2008
There will be almost no impact on total runtime, just the percentage meter can become more accurate by "calibrating" the battery. In addition to a complete discharge (I do not encourage you to discharge more than ONE auto-off, you shorten the battery life by discharging below 3.0 V) you need to have a nearly constand discharge current on most phones for this calibration to become really accurate.

What is the effect? Well, not much. Your phone just knows better how much battery is left, so maybe the "empty batt" message @15% comes later. The usage time and the auto-off threshold are not impacted at all.

When we are talking about a battery that has been put away for months without use, you may be right. One charge-discharge-charge cycle may bring back some capacity. But this is not true for any regularly used battery.

If you care about battery life time (in months/years, not a single charge): Charging above 4,0 V has a great negative impact on it; Constantly holding the charge @ 3,5-4,0V may nearly double the life of a battery but you can only use about 50% of its capacity this way.

Reactions: unrafa

ABC_Universal

Jan 30, 2011
I'm not sure if calibration/full discharge is necessary/recommended. From many readings calibration is not necessary for lithium battery. Actually it is recommended against full discharge as lithium battery has limited full discharge/recharge cycles.

galaxyfitankit

Dec 26, 2011
gujarat
after doing research on all methods to recallibrate checking pros and cons finally i got the answer brothers...its very simple no need for cwm or drain full abttery kill your batery download recallibrate delete batterystat.bin....all fake bother....just do a simple step remove your battery for 2-5 minutes and than on it....you are recalibrated....simple

abhinavvaidya90

Jan 18, 2013
Ahmedabad
after doing research on all methods to recallibrate checking pros and cons finally i got the answer brothers...its very simple no need for cwm or drain full abttery kill your batery download recallibrate delete batterystat.bin....all fake bother....just do a simple step remove your battery for 2-5 minutes and than on it....you are recalibrated....simple

See this screenshot.........i am charging my cell and it is showing also its charging but not even d graph nor the battery icon is increasing .
Seriously help me :eek::eek::eek:

see this sir...i hopwe u can help anything in this:crying:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-13-16-24-34.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-13-16-24-34.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 433

Anton111111

Sep 18, 2008
Bataysk
See this screenshot.........i am charging my cell and it is showing also its charging but not even d graph nor the battery icon is increasing .
Seriously help me :eek::eek::eek:

see this sir...i hopwe u can help anything in this:crying:

take out battery for about 10 minutes. And then try to charge again.
If you will see same problem i think you need to buy new battery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/nexus-one-faq-how-tos/5625-calibrate-your-battery.html

RECALIBRATION:

A recalibration is mostly needed, when dealing with different kernels (ROOT!). Most custom recovery images provide the option "battery stats wipe" under the menue "Wipe".

Here is how ya do it!

1. Enter Recovery Mode
    3. Enter "Advanced"-Menue
    4. do "Wipe Battery stats"
    5. reboot

Calibrate the battery by completely draining it until the phone completely shuts itself off.
    Turn the phone on again and let it shut itself off one more time.
    Then charge your phone while it is off for over 8 hours.
    This will fully charge the battery so that when the Android is turned on, it now sees the battery as full.

It is recommended to repeat this process at least one more time.

You should see a significant increase in your battery’s charge life.

Calibration of a battery can be done at any point and a maintenance calibration is recommended every month.
    There will be almost no impact on total runtime, just the percentage meter can become more accurate by "calibrating" the battery. In addition to a complete discharge (I do not encourage you to discharge more than ONE auto-off, you shorten the battery life by discharging below 3.0 V) you need to have a nearly constand discharge current on most phones for this calibration to become really accurate.

What is the effect? Well, not much. Your phone just knows better how much battery is left, so maybe the "empty batt" message @15% comes later. The usage time and the auto-off threshold are not impacted at all.

When we are talking about a battery that has been put away for months without use, you may be right. One charge-discharge-charge cycle may bring back some capacity. But this is not true for any regularly used battery.

If you care about battery life time (in months/years, not a single charge): Charging above 4,0 V has a great negative impact on it; Constantly holding the charge @ 3,5-4,0V may nearly double the life of a battery but you can only use about 50% of its capacity this way.
    This is firmware problem format your phone and than it will be fine or go to stock firmware