Battery replacement for Mi 8

Search This thread

najabi

Jan 14, 2018
Bilbao
This thread is dedicated to discuss options for battery replacement of our Mi 8, which is BM3E model, 3300/3400mAh.
You can get a original copy, a Nohon or Lehehe on Aliexpress. The most popular seems to be the Nohon, though the Lehehe is reported to have more capacity (4.000mAh, though in practice somewhat less). The original battery is sometimes found.

Original battery for 8.79$ on Witrigs
Lehehe 4.000MAh on Aliexpress for 14,50€
Lehehe 3.400mAh on Aliexpress for 13,32€
Nohon 3.400mAh on Aliexpress for 15,84€
Nohon 3.400mAh on Aliexpress for 21€

Last edited:
Reactions: tsongming

Wachupe2

Mar 27, 2017
According to a video to change the battery, the connector of the 4000 battery is shorter, I do not know if it will work

Reactions: najabi

najabi

Jan 14, 2018
Bilbao
According to a video to change the battery, the connector of the 4000 battery is shorter, I do not know if it will work
True, unless you flipped it over, but still it doesn't seem to fit or be the same connector.
Curious, because all four different links must be wrong then.

Last edited:

oyu9527

Mar 15, 2017
the battery size are not the same
and also dont trust any battery with same size but claim have higher capacity, energy density is a constant, 3400 maybe possible, 4000mah is not.
mi8 77.58 x 62.56 x 3.75mm
bn47 for redmi4 79.50 x 59.44 x 4.74mm

Stoffl_

Jan 18, 2007
what he said

>implying the mAh rating of some random chinese battery seller on ebay could ever be trusted

xXSantyXx

Aug 3, 2016
Did actually anyone changed it's battery and re glued the original back cover with success? I am searching for a new battery and i'm looking for the best way to glue the back cover yet, idk if it is going to glue well if i just use another adhesive or if i just have to buy another back cover with adhesive on it. I want my genuine back cover not a cheap one.
I am looking for the best method, preferably using european shop, but china is okay. Anyone can help me?

najabi

Jan 14, 2018
Bilbao
Did actually anyone changed it's battery and re glued the original back cover with success? I am searching for a new battery and i'm looking for the best way to glue the back cover yet, idk if it is going to glue well if i just use another adhesive or if i just have to buy another back cover with adhesive on it. I want my genuine back cover not a cheap one.
I am looking for the best method, preferably using european shop, but china is okay. Anyone can help me?
Here you can find original replacement parts:
https://www.witrigs.com/replacement-parts-for-xiaomi-mi-8

jimac

Oct 31, 2012
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the battery size are not the same
    and also dont trust any battery with same size but claim have higher capacity, energy density is a constant, 3400 maybe possible, 4000mah is not.
    mi8 77.58 x 62.56 x 3.75mm
    bn47 for redmi4 79.50 x 59.44 x 4.74mm
    Here you can find original replacement parts:
    https://www.witrigs.com/replacement-parts-for-xiaomi-mi-8
    Forget about original battery, you will not find it, you need to search for the battery with the highest quality possible. Nohon is one of the best for sure, I got one for my mi8 and it has around 90% of the original capacity according to a current tester and accubattery. Before this I got another one from ebay which doesn't even have 50% of the original capacity.
    This thread is dedicated to discuss options for battery replacement of our Mi 8, which is BM3E model, 3300/3400mAh.
    You can get a original copy, a Nohon or Lehehe on Aliexpress. The most popular seems to be the Nohon, though the Lehehe is reported to have more capacity (4.000mAh, though in practice somewhat less). The original battery is sometimes found.

Original battery for 8.79$ on Witrigs
    Lehehe 4.000MAh on Aliexpress for 14,50€
    Lehehe 3.400mAh on Aliexpress for 13,32€
    Nohon 3.400mAh on Aliexpress for 15,84€
    Nohon 3.400mAh on Aliexpress for 21€
    I just got the nohon battery myself and its showing 92% battery and im only running it a few days, was very easy to install to

Screenshot_20221228-142700_AccuBattery.png