Battery replacement for the P900

Search This thread

ciphoenix

Dec 17, 2012
Redmi Note 11
Can anyone suggest where to find good batteries?
I'm getting a used Note Pro and I don't know if the battery performance will still be decent. I'm buying a 30000mAh power bank along with it but I would love to know where I can find good batteries in case I want to replace them myself. I can do the replacement (skills and tools present) but I need to find a good battery first

Sent from my Infinix NOTE 3 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

ciphoenix

Dec 17, 2012
Redmi Note 11
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N4KRSVW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_j51wzbWAE4C8Q

3rd party batteries are a hit and miss. They just don't have the quality control big companies have. It's pretty cheap so just give it a shot. Returns on Amazon are easy.
Thank you... I saw that earlier but the mixed reviews threw me off. I was hoping someone here has had a positive experience with a particular brand.

Using that one now...

Been using that particular one for about 6 months now without problems, but quality varies on these generic brands. If you are going to be replacing the battery, make sure you clean and treat the terminals with Deoxit Red, then coat with Deoxit Gold http://a.co/dRU123V - that stuff is pricey, but worth every penny you spend. You will never have connection issues again. I use that every time I put something back together.

Also look around the site for instructions on how to re-solder the battery connectors - some users have had issues like flickering brightness because of marginal connectors. Hardest part is getting the back off (and it isn't hard) - just take your time and you won't have any problems.

Thank you... I saw that earlier but the mixed reviews threw me off. I was hoping someone here has had a positive experience with a particular brand.

jbradford328

Jul 3, 2015
I can attest to the minimal level of difficulty in removing the back panel of the sm-p900.

Just slow and steady with something similar to a medium-hard + hard guitar pick (credit/gift card thickness vary...or some guitar picks lol) And as usual, there is always the $100 plastics kit....which I want no part of, but spend it if you got it.

I just wedged a guitar pick between the backing and the screen (feel/look for the seam, you'll find it) to get the opening started, then wedged a credit card in to keep it from snapping back shut, and moved steady around the perimeter (adding chopped old gift cards in parts to keep from snapping back together) until the front and back separated.

There may be a couple of connections that would need to be disconnected prior to pulling the back panel and face completely apart (I think, but again, it's been a while now so don't hold me to that), but either way, I'm sure you could pull the connection for the battery (the battery is in the middle, top side, near camera) without having to fully separate, but it's much easier when separated all the way (in my experience at least).

I've had to reconnect the battery before after the battery connection became a tad loose somehow, causing the battery itself to get very hot (and very dangerous I might add) Now that I think about it, didn't this happen with a very popular phone recently SAMSUNG?!? And part of the GALAXY line? Hmm. Odd.

Last edited:

cmlmstf

Feb 3, 2015
Hello, Where to buy original battery from Germany or Europe.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can attest to the minimal level of difficulty in removing the back panel of the sm-p900.

Just slow and steady with something similar to a medium-hard + hard guitar pick (credit/gift card thickness vary...or some guitar picks lol) And as usual, there is always the $100 plastics kit....which I want no part of, but spend it if you got it.

I just wedged a guitar pick between the backing and the screen (feel/look for the seam, you'll find it) to get the opening started, then wedged a credit card in to keep it from snapping back shut, and moved steady around the perimeter (adding chopped old gift cards in parts to keep from snapping back together) until the front and back separated.

There may be a couple of connections that would need to be disconnected prior to pulling the back panel and face completely apart (I think, but again, it's been a while now so don't hold me to that), but either way, I'm sure you could pull the connection for the battery (the battery is in the middle, top side, near camera) without having to fully separate, but it's much easier when separated all the way (in my experience at least).

I've had to reconnect the battery before after the battery connection became a tad loose somehow, causing the battery itself to get very hot (and very dangerous I might add) Now that I think about it, didn't this happen with a very popular phone recently SAMSUNG?!? And part of the GALAXY line? Hmm. Odd.
    Hello, Where to buy original battery from Germany or Europe.

Here is the official battery from Samsung official partner
    https://www.samsungparts.com/GH43-03980C-BATTERY.html

Shipping to Europe is 22.95$