Battery replacement

Search This thread

Varga666

Jun 13, 2014
Augsburg
Hello,

I replaced battery on my phone 2 days ago and when i put to charge it go to 83% and stop,after disconnect cable and back again then continue few percent and need to repeat few times till reach 100%.
Someone knows what is the problem?

Thanks!

Apr 19, 2015
No idea what's happening, you could try to calibrate the battery (discharging until it shuts down automatically and then charge it till 100% with phone shut down), if this doesn't helps you should change that battery for another, an official one preferably.

Hope this helps you.

Varga666

Jun 13, 2014
Augsburg
Already tried that.Full discharge,also i do hard reset and it's same.Only different thing is that not always charge to 83%,sometimes 86,sometims 96 etc.But never to full 100% with one charge.So you thin it's definitely bad battery?I don't know where to find original one.I purchase from amazon here in Germany.

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk

Varga666

Jun 13, 2014
Augsburg
They send me the new battery,i replaced again and again first changing is to 86% and say it's full charged.
I don't think that the problem is in battery,2 times 2 new battery and charge to same percentage.
Does anyone know what the problem may be?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Eric_8

May 12, 2021
Hi, I'm experiencing exactly the same issue, but since I bought the replacement battery at a local shop and they installed it themselves, they replaced for another new battery twice, but the issue still continues.
Any luck solving it?

Eric_8

May 12, 2021
Whether it's adviced or not, a battery should charge to 100%.
The shop replaced my battery 3 times and still doesn't fully charge, and more importantly, it does not last as long as it should. So I just want to know whether the issue might not be the battery.

anshsharma240

Jun 22, 2018
delhi
Whether it's adviced or not, a battery should charge to 100%.
The shop replaced my battery 3 times and still doesn't fully charge, and more importantly, it does not last as long as it should. So I just want to know whether the issue might not be the battery.
Every aftermarket battery has this exact same issue. Buy OEM battery, it will charge fully and gives exact same backup as the new phone. I had also bought one from amazon India in march 2021 and it is giving very good backup.
Xiaomi has three vendors for the batteries:
1. Zhuahi Coslight Battery Co. Ltd.
2. Everup Battery India Pvt. Ltd.
3. Sunwoda Electronic Co. Ltd.

Mia1 and most of the redmi phones launched in 2018 or before comes with Zhuahi Coslight Battery and phones launched after 2018 comes with either sunwoda or everup battery. Everup is Xiaomi's new vendor for battery, specially for devices assembled in India.
You can go with battery from any of the above three vendors but I"ll recommend you to buy either zhuahi coslight or everup India because I have tested both. You can look at the attached image for your reference.

Attachments

• dsBuffer.jpg
    dsBuffer.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • vbcft.jpg
    vbcft.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG20210318220959.jpg
    IMG20210318220959.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 4