• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Battery-saving functions as with Apple iPhone

Search This thread

Engin94

May 1, 2021
Hello,
Is there a function on Xiaomi, especially for the Mi 11 Ultra, to maintain the battery.

Apple and samsung have the function of reducing the charging speed from 80% charge status in order to save the battery.

I use the quick charge function with 67W and would be happy about such a function.

is there any way to do this?

Alcibiade

Dec 23, 2006
New York
Hello,
Is there a function on Xiaomi, especially for the Mi 11 Ultra, to maintain the battery.

Apple and samsung have the function of reducing the charging speed from 80% charge status in order to save the battery.

I use the quick charge function with 67W and would be happy about such a function.

is there any way to do this?
With the latest generations of battery it's not clear this is really needed.
Besides the 11 Ultra comes with a new battery technology (silicon-oxygen anode) which expects it to be able to handle fats charges without aging too fast (On top of allowing higher battery density)
If you're worried, as suggested above, you can probably simply use a slower charger. For charging at 80% of max capacity I think there are apps that allow you to do that on pretty much any android phone.