Trickdroid 5.6.0 with bulletproof kernel

ygajynus.jpg
epyzy7ed.jpg
9yqeqy8u.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

tmac15

Aug 5, 2009
Toronto
Was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience like follows: My battery when it gets low, I get a warning and it will say its at 7% and then it drops straight to 1% (completely skipping 6%-2%) and then turns off rather abruptly. It has happened 2x out of the 3x my battery has gotten low. Is this a faulty battery or is something else going on?

Thanks

Newcron

Sep 13, 2010
Stock AT&T One. Rooted but that's it, no mods or custom kernel or anything else. Power saver is on.

I disabled all of AT&T bloatware, but other than that and power saver mode, I don't go out of my way to save battery, so no Greenify or other tricks.

In addition to casual browsing and reading news through Blinkfeed and Feedly, the other notable significant uses are chats on Line, Whatsapp (including three very active groups), and Hangouts. No Facebook, but I am syncing (with 30 minutes or less sync periods) two Twitter accounts and two GMail accounts plus one IMAP account (on HTC Mail). Google Now is on, and I set screen brightness static at 50%.

The result: 2% left after 40.5 hours, with ~5 hours screen time.

I am pretty happy with this.

iftFq0N.png

codemann

Aug 31, 2007
Diest
I wouldn't sweat it. The phone's circuitry prevents it from overcharging when connected to a charger. I don't think keeping the battery at 4.3V for a long time is good for it, but you probably won't notice any appreciable change in how long it lasts from that one event. You'd have to do that every day over the next year to really notice any change in run/screen-on time.

So charging your device every night where it is "charging" for 7-8h is a bad idea? Better to leave it off the charger at night and recharge in the morning at work where you can disconnect the cable when it's fully charged?
I only have to find a solution then for the weekends where I would prefer to have a fully charged phone in the morning ;)

Naszmin

Mar 16, 2013
How about my stats?? Im disable all unused apps...stock rom...

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370521432287.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370521432287.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 476

Magpir

Jul 4, 2011
im trying out with llama events now , see if that helps

disabled power saver and deep sleep and let llama events control these.

rs1089

May 9, 2013
So charging your device every night where it is "charging" for 7-8h is a bad idea? Better to leave it off the charger at night and recharge in the morning at work where you can disconnect the cable when it's fully charged?
I only have to find a solution then for the weekends where I would prefer to have a fully charged phone in the morning ;)

Well the way the phone charges (as far as I know), is that once the battery hits 100%, the phone stops charging. It won't allow the battery to charge again until it hits 95%. It's a personal preference of mine to disconnect the charger as soon as possible, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it (literally). I apologize if I made it seem that charging it each night will result in a significant decrease in battery life over the course of a year or so. While it's true that the capacity will drop a bit over the course of a year or so, it's due to the natural wear of the battery. With that said, how you treat the battery does affect how quickly it wears down. Frequent full discharges (using your phone until it shuts off), high temperatures (especially for long periods of time), and keeping the battery at high voltages for extended periods of time can negatively impact battery life.

Personally, I think these are good practices:

1) Don't use the phone intensively while it's charging
2) Don't leave the phone on the charger all day. Charging overnight won't hurt the battery, but don't leave it on there all day, every day. You need to let the battery discharge at some point, otherwise it will always stay at 4.3V, which is no bueno. I doubt this will ever happen...why would you buy such a nice phone if you aren't going to use it?
3) Try to avoid full discharges (it's more stressful on the battery than a partial discharge)

I'm not telling anyone to drive themselves crazy over trying to preserve their battery life, but these are some guidelines that you could use. There are going to be times when you'll need to use your phone while it's charging, days when you forget to take your phone with you and leave it on the charger (probably not going to happen that often :p), and times when you have to use it until the battery dies. Don't sweat it. Your phone will last you at least a good two years with good battery life. I hope I didn't make anyone neurotic with this post haha...I really hope it just gives some people some peace of mind.

Superpiper1972

Apr 2, 2012
Just use the damn thing ffs :banghead:

Don't abuse it (mega heat or constant full discharge s) and you will be fine.

Use it during day, charge at night.

:D

Reactions: richyb86

Magpir

Jul 4, 2011
I used llama events for power saving yesterday and disabled the power saver data connections ( only cpu limiter on ) and deep sleep mode .
Starting charge was 80% . I set all connections to off in llama from 12 midnight to 9 am
This is what I have now mostly surfing on WiFi . Attached is my wake lock details can some one comment

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130607_104714.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130607_104714.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 360

Antitryptic

Feb 18, 2013
Was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience like follows: My battery when it gets low, I get a warning and it will say its at 7% and then it drops straight to 1% (completely skipping 6%-2%) and then turns off rather abruptly. It has happened 2x out of the 3x my battery has gotten low. Is this a faulty battery or is something else going on?

Thanks

I don't think it's a faulty battery; it's been happening to me for the last couple charges, too.
It actually happened to mine today. It was at 7% and then dropped down to 1% the next minute or so. Not sure what's going on.

Last edited:

codemann

Aug 31, 2007
Diest
Well the way the phone charges (as far as I know), is that once the battery hits 100%, the phone stops charging. It won't allow the battery to charge again until it hits 95%. It's a personal preference of mine to disconnect the charger as soon as possible, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it (literally). I apologize if I made it seem that charging it each night will result in a significant decrease in battery life over the course of a year or so. While it's true that the capacity will drop a bit over the course of a year or so, it's due to the natural wear of the battery. With that said, how you treat the battery does affect how quickly it wears down. Frequent full discharges (using your phone until it shuts off), high temperatures (especially for long periods of time), and keeping the battery at high voltages for extended periods of time can negatively impact battery life.

Personally, I think these are good practices:

1) Don't use the phone intensively while it's charging
2) Don't leave the phone on the charger all day. Charging overnight won't hurt the battery, but don't leave it on there all day, every day. You need to let the battery discharge at some point, otherwise it will always stay at 4.3V, which is no bueno. I doubt this will ever happen...why would you buy such a nice phone if you aren't going to use it?
3) Try to avoid full discharges (it's more stressful on the battery than a partial discharge)

I'm not telling anyone to drive themselves crazy over trying to preserve their battery life, but these are some guidelines that you could use. There are going to be times when you'll need to use your phone while it's charging, days when you forget to take your phone with you and leave it on the charger (probably not going to happen that often :p), and times when you have to use it until the battery dies. Don't sweat it. Your phone will last you at least a good two years with good battery life. I hope I didn't make anyone neurotic with this post haha...I really hope it just gives some people some peace of mind.

Thanks a lot for that very complete explanation! I'm still going to charge my phone during the day on week/work days, it also gives me a lot of more juice to play with at evenings/nights, and as you said I do prefer to take it off the charges as soon as possible. In weekends I'll still go for the good night sleep with the phone on the charger.

I love this community, well explained advice like this is why I read all these posts! :good::victory::highfive:

Magpir

Jul 4, 2011
I can say the charging behavior similar to the iPhone...

On another note I can say using llama events seem to improve battery life . Still testing though

gianton

Recognized Contributor
Feb 5, 2009
Thessaloniki
How did you manage to do that !??!?!?!!? That`s what I`m trying to figure out in my wakelocks thread. Can you PM me or post some screenshots of your wakelocks please ?

Greenified all non system apps, nothing else or tweaks enabled.

Here is my usage and wakelocks till now since the full charge.

uploadfromtaptalk1370595741995.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1370595760400.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1370595776900.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1370595793921.jpg

dirtyhamster73

Sep 26, 2010
Wakefield, MA
How did you manage to do that !??!?!?!!? That`s what I`m trying to figure out in my wakelocks thread. Can you PM me or post some screenshots of your wakelocks please ?

Although I do sometimes use power saver, I only check off the cpu, I don't lose much idled either. Not on Wi-Fi, this is on mobile data.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370615834447.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370615834447.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:

xdracco

Nov 1, 2012
Yesterday, I got nearly 8 hours of screen time on a single charge. Not to mention, a day and a half between 100% and 1%.

- Using Renovate 2.1r304 ROM with no additional tweaks or mods (other than my own SystemUI mod to completely remove stock battery)
- I have my screen turn off after 2 minutes (30 seconds when battery is below 10%, controlled via Llama)
- I use Lux for screen dim (i turn OS controlled brightness down to 1% and disable auto)
- I have CPU Power and Display enabled under Power Saver
- I have 'keep wifi on during sleep' disabled in wifi settings
- I usually maintain about half of my available RAM free and available (i don't do anything special for this, just noting)
- I use HD Widgets (so that's a battery hit)
- I use dark themes when available (easier on my eyes)
- When my battery reaches 10%, via Llama, i disable GPS, BT, screen timeout = 30 seconds, and disable account sync.

All the above and I still get amazing battery life. Aside from the iPhone and it's really good battery life, the only other Android device whose battery lasted just as long for me was the Razr HD LTE (the non-verizon version).

I also haven't dinged or scratched my device. However, the case I use has left imprint on the back outer edges. Oh well. I'm

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-07-17-36-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-07-17-36-52.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 422
Reactions: ppau0822

Freshtojeff

Jul 21, 2010
Okay so I believe these two are keeping my kernel up but not completely sure. I was just awed by the amount of wake locks and looking for someone to provide some input or things to look for which could be causing this. Only thing I can thing of is my wifi tends to be active all the time for some reason even if I "Keep wifi on" set to never..Google now,locations are turned off. (Don't mind the 4h our the battery life really, did a restart during the day to see if they would go away but doesn't look like it.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-09-01-40-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-09-01-40-42.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 353
  • Screenshot_2013-06-09-01-40-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-09-01-40-50.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 339
  • Screenshot_2013-06-09-01-41-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-09-01-41-17.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:

sallam5010

Sep 25, 2008
Okay so I believe these two are keeping my kernel up but not completely sure. I was just awed by the amount of wake locks and looking for someone to provide some input or things to look for which could be causing this. Only thing I can thing of is my wifi tends to be active all the time for some reason even if I "Keep wifi on" set to never..Google now,locations are turned off. (Don't mind the 4h our the battery life really, did a restart during the day to see if they would go away but doesn't look like it.)

Well bout that msm_hsic_host wakelock u can resolve it by forcing your phone network to 2G if u don't need 3G ! That should help but am not sure though !

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Freshtojeff

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now some of us have had the phone for a few days or in the case of our German friends, a week, can we start to collaborate some stats together about the battery usage?

Post in here screen shots of your (Epic) Battery stats, or not so epic as the case may be, screen on time, hints and tips on improving daily usage, what Rom you are using if Rooted etc.

Here is a current shot of mine, charged to 98%, then data etc turned off about 1am, phone left switched on, then data, wifi etc turned back on this morning. Currently 1 hr 15 mins screen on and 67% battery left after 18hrs.
    Now some of us have had the phone for a few days or in the case of our German friends, a week, can we start to collaborate some stats together about the battery usage?

Post in here screen shots of your (Epic) Battery stats, or not so epic as the case may be, screen on time, hints and tips on improving daily usage, what Rom you are using if Rooted etc.

Here is a current shot of mine, charged to 98%, then data etc turned off about 1am, phone left switched on, then data, wifi etc turned back on this morning. Currently 1 hr 15 mins screen on and 67% battery left after 18hrs.
    should have left everything switched on!

im not someone who feels they should have to turns bits and pieces on and off in order to make my phone last the day.

if it lasts a good long day with decent usage throughout, thats good enough for me!
    Sent from my HTC One using xda premium
    Stop worrying about battery life and you guys will suddenly realise it was never worth installing all those mods/kernels. They all offer very little and always have to compromise other stuff to gain something. This phone has decent battery life infact better then most phones.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
    Indeed Play Store download doesn't work anymore. How did you fix that? What you mean by "re-sync" and which are the consequences?

remove google account in accounts submenu in the settings and then re-add it, there are no consequences.

~dumbo.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone