Battery status and battery charging questions\issues

Search This thread

incarceration

Aug 12, 2011
I've been noticing lately that my phone will sometimes show a red exclamation mark or sometimes the red LED will be lit when the phone isn't even plugged in (the charging LED).

Any ideas what causes this? Has anyone else had this as well? Is it ROM based or hardware failure\faults?

Thanks

incarceration

Aug 12, 2011
I have the device in an OtterBox Defender case since I got it and have only dropped it enough times to count on maybe one hand and it's been from like 2-3 ft up. There's no signs of visible dmg and it's never been near any liquid. So how could i narrow down what it could be from the "any number of things"?

sitlet

Mar 30, 2008
I have the device in an OtterBox Defender case since I got it and have only dropped it enough times to count on maybe one hand and it's been from like 2-3 ft up. There's no signs of visible dmg and it's never been near any liquid. So how could i narrow down what it could be from the "any number of things"?

Well the easiest thing to try is get a new battery and see if it's that. If that doesn't help, you can try taking it apart and see if the board has any damage.