Question Battery usage percent in thousands, not tens

Search This thread

Sheist!

Oct 7, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Redmi Note 11
I have misplaced the solution for this problem. I am on A13 crDroid 9.3 so no ability to dump Dalvik or cache in the limited recovery. Here is a screenshot. (Plus, Mobile Network is almost always the top app despite not using mobile data)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230604-114115_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20230604-114115_Settings.png
    203.7 KB · Views: 134

PinguiNUX

Apr 23, 2021
It's exactly the same for me. I am also with crdroid 9.3.

The excessive battery consumption problem happens because for some strange reason there is a wakelock related to the mobile data network, which causes the phone not to go into deepsleep when it is idle. In fact to me it literally marks 0% deepsleep. And perfectly in one night I can go 30% of the battery without doing absolutely nothing.

Sheist!

Oct 7, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Redmi Note 11
It's exactly the same for me. I am also with crdroid 9.3.

The excessive battery consumption problem happens because for some strange reason there is a wakelock related to the mobile data network, which causes the phone not to go into deepsleep when it is idle. In fact to me it literally marks 0% deepsleep. And perfectly in one night I can go 30% of the battery without doing absolutely nothing.
Oddly, I always (and I mean always) see Mobile Network on A13 (or Cell Standby on A12) as the top battery app, and no suggestions worked for me. Saw in multiple custom ROMs, but not everyone sees it. I do not even use mobile data, only wifi. This "thousands" bug is sometimes part of it. Even putting the phone in airplane mode for a day does not change the battery stats at all for me.

PinguiNUX

Apr 23, 2021
I already found out what is the wakelock that causes this thanks to betterbatterystats. And the culprit seems to be IPA_WS or any other of the IPA family. These wakelocks indeed seem to be related to the mobile data network.

I just flashed crdroid build 9.5 on my phone. Despite being a nightly (beta) version, it fixes many bugs present in crdroid 9.3.
According to the developer the next stable version will be released soon. But in the meantime, I'm going to try a few days the 9.5 to see how it goes. And so check if they have corrected the failure of battery consumption.

In fact I have already checked that they have fixed some small bugs that were present in version 9.3. So so far so good.

Reactions: Sheist!

Sheist!

Oct 7, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Redmi Note 11
UPDATE: the latest MIUI firmware update seems to have helped me. I was on the .08, and this stable is .12. My battery percents are back in the tens. Good, since there is no known optional kernel yet.

mierdaseca

Jun 25, 2012
Is there a way to flash just the kernel from the latest firmware? I don't want to reinstall everything again..

Sheist!

Oct 7, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Redmi Note 11
That is firmware, not kernel. There are no kernel install options for spes yet. It even says "firmware" in the links.

I see the official crDroid site (https://crdroid.net/spes/9) now links to the A13 V14, which has updated in the last few days from the A12 V13 version. I'll install it myself.

My deep sleep has returned to the 90's again. (y)

gentano

Feb 26, 2012
Redmi Note 11
Oh lol, I misread your question.... but why you need to install everything again if You install the firmware only? the firmware is just the firmware and has nothing to do with data.. or do I miss something here?

Sheist!

Oct 7, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Redmi Note 11
Oh lol, I misread your question.... but why you need to install everything again if You install the firmware only? the firmware is just the firmware and has nothing to do with data.. or do I miss something here?
I just flashed the firmware. You thought I rebuilt everything else from scratch too? :LOL:
I am installing the A13 firmware that just came out on the 6th of June now. (y)

gentano

Feb 26, 2012
Redmi Note 11
Hm, I still dont get you.

Why You need/ask for seperate kernel to flash when there is the firmware, which doesnt change any of your userdata?

I am installing the A13 firmware that just came out on the 6th of June now. (y)
Ye, thats what I linked and installing that firmware wont mess with Your userdata. So there is no need to reinstall any apps or whatever. Its the just the firmware (contains drivers and boot stuff) and not the whole rom image.

Sheist!

Oct 7, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Redmi Note 11
Hm, I still dont get you.

Why You need/ask for seperate kernel to flash when there is the firmware, which doesnt change any of your userdata?

Ye, thats what I linked and installing that firmware wont mess with Your userdata. So there is no need to reinstall any apps or whatever. Its the just the firmware (contains drivers and boot stuff) and not the whole rom image.
RN10P has kernel downloads available to fix battery issues, etc like this, in ADDITION to firmware provided by MIUI. There are no kernels for the RN11 as of today. The RN11 firmware from MIUI just updated to A13 as of June 6, but had only the A12 version from April of this year before that on their "firmware" download link. Both files are just 1 zip files that get installed via recovery. I hope that clears it up.

Ignore any suggestions about removing/reinstalling anything else; I never asked about any of that.

(added P to RN10 to correct error and not confuse with any RN10 users)

Last edited:

Sheist!

Oct 7, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Redmi Note 11
So I can flash this, and I won't lose any data? For the naming of the firmware, I thought it was just a word for "official rom"
Just firmware. Firmware size is extremely small, while ROM size is extremely large. ROM and firmware are 2 different things. You could say the ROM is the house and the firmware is the land, but post-updatable land. No loss of data, except when something borks and the firmware has issues within it, causing you phone headaches.

Last edited:

mierdaseca

Jun 25, 2012
Just firmware. Firmware size is extremely small, while ROM size is extremely large. ROM and firmware are 2 different things. You could say the ROM is the house and the firmware is the land, but post-updateable land. No loss of data, except when something borks and the firmware has issues within it, causing you phone headaches.
Thanks I just flashed it. But I still see the battery in thousands. How can I check the firmware version on phone?

BTW where can I download the nightly?

On https://crdroid.net/spes/9 I don't see anything besides the April b uild

Sheist!

Oct 7, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Redmi Note 11
Thanks I just flashed it. But I still see the battery in thousands. How can I check the firmware version on phone?

BTW where can I download the nightly?

On https://crdroid.net/spes/9 I don't see anything besides the April b uild
Really? Hunh. Mine popped back to normal, but I did fully charge it and reboot it too. The deep sleep number (look under About Phone) jumped back into the upper 90's as well (good), and it had been stuck at 0.

I use Device Info HW which SHOULD (but does not even with root enabled on it!) show it on the 3rd tab, System, for the value of Description, but mine keeps showing just a dash! You'll have to locate an app that reveals the installed firmware.

Are you in India?

mierdaseca

Jun 25, 2012
Really? Hunh. Mine popped back to normal, but I did fully charge it and reboot it too. The deep sleep number (look under About Phone) jumped back into the upper 90's as well (good), and it had been stuck at 0.

I use Device Info HW which SHOULD (but does not even with root enabled on it!) show it on the 3rd tab, System, for the value of Description, but mine keeps showing just a dash! You'll have to locate an app that reveals the installed firmware.

Are you in India?
I just checked on about phone, and deep sleep still at 0%.
I also fully charged it, and rebooted and wiped battery usage data, but still shows thousands.
I also get a dash in that app.
No, I'm not from India.

Sheist!

Oct 7, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Redmi Note 11
I just checked on about phone, and deep sleep still at 0%.
I also fully charged it, and rebooted and wiped battery usage data, but still shows thousands.
I also get a dash in that app.
No, I'm not from India.
Look at the firmware link on crDroid again and try the A13 MIUI V14 firmware released on June 6. I installed it via adb sideload since my phone temporarily won't read my external SD card. I do not recall anything else to try. Good luck.

mierdaseca

Jun 25, 2012
Look at the firmware link on crDroid again and try the A13 MIUI V14 firmware released on June 6. I installed it via adb sideload since my phone temporarily won't read my external SD card. I do not recall anything else to try. Good luck.
I flashed again via adb sideload, but still nothing. I even updated to the latest crdroid 9.5 build and still nothing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I already found out what is the wakelock that causes this thanks to betterbatterystats. And the culprit seems to be IPA_WS or any other of the IPA family. These wakelocks indeed seem to be related to the mobile data network.

I just flashed crdroid build 9.5 on my phone. Despite being a nightly (beta) version, it fixes many bugs present in crdroid 9.3.
    According to the developer the next stable version will be released soon. But in the meantime, I'm going to try a few days the 9.5 to see how it goes. And so check if they have corrected the failure of battery consumption.

In fact I have already checked that they have fixed some small bugs that were present in version 9.3. So so far so good.
    Ask/research your question on the Telegram forum. Beyond the available firmware, and since the crDroid-installed recovery does not offer the ability to delete Davlik and cache, I am out of suggestions! I'm waiting for a different thread to provide the link to a "working" custom recovery on the spes. (i.e. TWRP 3.6.1 that he said he installed and is using successfully on spes, since 3.7.x variants all send me to fastboot). Good luck.
    Thing is this happened on current 9.3 , updating to 9.5 was just another to try to fix this bug (alongside more annoying ones)

BTW is this your baseband version?
    IMG_20230610_132752.jpg