• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Battery Usage Reflects in steps of 10%

Search This thread

thescum

Mar 3, 2006
SG
Was wondering if anyone has a reg hack that allows us to increase the resolution so that the Hermes shows the battery drop by 1% instead of the 10% that we are currently experiencing.

ghl10000

Dec 20, 2005
Austria
SkyyBoy said:
i have the same thing, i think we will have to wait for the next firmware to fix this...

Or maybe there is a Registry Tweak for "fixing" it.
(Who says that this is a bug ? Maybe HTC has intended to show it only in steps of 10% in order not to disclose how fast the 100% are gone ???)

fastest

Jun 30, 2005
i have an Eten M600 (which uses the same cpu) and that does the same thing. hmmm, wonder if thats a hardware setting or software?

vocal

Jan 27, 2007
Reading
found something !!!

problem is in battdrvr.dll as soon as I have copied this file from Wizard to Hermes and after SR battery status was showing 4%

however my battery was charged 90% but it means that in this file is something
responsible for 10% dropping

but even after coping hermes file (battdrvr.dll) back to it, after SR battery
was showing 4%
after HR everything was like before

Hope it is helpfull for someone.

Shawner

Sep 1, 2006
Charlotte, NC
A friend of mine has a Mogul and he is having this issue as well on WM6. Having a Hermes on WM5 and WM6, this has always been the case. Shogunmark and Faria discussed this in a thread at length and tried to port the Wizard driver (which would decrease in incriments of 1%) but to no avail. Its a shame such a good device has such a tedious shortcoming.

Doom Tints

Jun 6, 2007
We're making a big assumption that pocketpc's that report in 1% increments are truly that accurate. I'm sure they're not. It's also fairly likely that reporting in 10% increments increases battery life not just per charge but also over the life of the battery. This is a pretty good tradeoff, in my opinion. I'd rather have a battery that lasts 3 years than have one that lasts one year, wouldn't you?

This is also one of the more nitpickier of the 'complaints' on the Hermes, even if all other things are equal.

burkay

Jul 30, 2007
Izmir
homes.ieu.edu.tr
I can't believe you bumped this thread just to say you can't believe the issue hasn't magically been fixed by someone else's hard work.

Sheesh.

Why? I guess it is quite normal (i.e. not magical) to expect one of the official roms to have it fixed. And I didn't mean to bump the thread. I got my 8525 only a few days ago and I was reading through the posts in the forum and I saw this one and I was surprised that the first post is more than a year old and no solution was found. I thought it was weird so I wanted to leave a post.

Are we happier now?

taurusco

Mar 22, 2007
Battery drops to 10%

i had the same issue. I bought a new battery and problem went away. Very sad. but on a positive note, I bought a double life extended battery that last 3 days. Buy on ebay for 22 dollars.

Also, you can just take the battery out and put it back in. once in a while, it recognize that your battery is actually full. This is temperary though

marcy1987

Apr 23, 2007
Treviso
I hate this issue too!!
I notice also a little "incompatibility with Baterystatus, when I power on the PPC from sleep, it shows for some seconds the battery level at -1% (!!!)

not only: the shown themperature battery is always too high, never under 48° SIMPLY IMPOSSIBLE

I think that this could be a hardware/software problem, i mean that software could not read the exact parameters of the battery, not only the battery level but also other information

Hope this will help ;) bye

Marcy1987