• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Be careful! There are two types of screens!

Search This thread

vlat4e1.vs

Feb 28, 2021
Up to you. If it isn't shipped or is easy to return, you can take a a chance (for non NE version). Else you could cancel and look into alternatives like a Samsung A52S 5G or something.. which is guaranteed a quality in-house Samsung panel which doesn't involve lottery.

I'm deliberating but I think I will end up keeping my Black NE since I'm not confident in Amazon France's customer service, the couriers involved and risk of international shipping and costs (and returns). Live and learn I guess. Though if you got it for a good price - I paid £250 for mine, then I would say its worth it.
first I ordered because it was like black Friday deal and it's cost me 260eur and comes with mi band 6... but I am concerned about display this will be Europe version also does camera sucks like someone says? thanks man you will help me a lot ☺️

Reactions: Hinch

Hinch

Nov 14, 2021
That's a great price and including a watch too. I wouldn't be worried about it tbh. The screen looks great in media consumption (like videos) and text is perfectly readable. It just might not be quite as clear if you happen to get a Delta panel.

As for camera, its a quite good Dxo ranks the camera's photo 118 which is just a hair under a Pixel 4A - https://www.dxomark.com/xiaomi-mi-11-lite-5g-camera-review-near-the-top-of-its-class/. Just don't expect flagship snaps from the stock camera. Its in the midrange territory and can take good snaps in good lighting conditions. You could install GCam on there which will no doubt offer even better results, particularly if you want to take low light photos and iirc you get more dynamic range vs stock cam.

Last edited:

vlat4e1.vs

Feb 28, 2021
That's a great price and including a watch too. I wouldn't be worried about it tbh. The screen looks great in media consumption (like videos) and text is perfectly readable. It just might not be quite as clear if you happen to get a Delta panel.

As for camera, its a quite good Dxo ranks the camera's photo 118 which is just a hair under a Pixel 4A - https://www.dxomark.com/xiaomi-mi-11-lite-5g-camera-review-near-the-top-of-its-class/. Just don't expect flagship snaps from the stock camera. Its in the midrange territory and can take good snaps in good lighting conditions. You could install GCam on there which will no doubt offer even better results, particularly if you want to take low light photos and iirc you get more dynamic range vs stock cam.
ok than what you suggested? thay called me does I will take it... is it a big difference in camera with A52S 5g model? If its not I will use it mi11 lite 5g xD

ok than what you suggested? thay called me does I will take it... is it a big difference in camera with A52S 5g model? If its not I will use it mi11 lite 5g xD
It is not,had both.Indoor and night pics are better on a52s.Mi 11 Lite 5g can take very good pics in daylight conditions.They both have midrange cameras but if you taking pics only for social networks they are both good enough with not much difference.With a52s I'm satisfied with 4-5 of 10 shots and with Mi 11 Lite 5g maybe 3-4/10 :)

Reactions: vlat4e1.vs

vlat4e1.vs

Feb 28, 2021
It is not,had both.Indoor and night pics are better on a52s.Mi 11 Lite 5g can take very good pics in daylight conditions.They both have midrange cameras but if you taking pics only for social networks they are both good enough with not much difference.With a52s I'm satisfied with 4-5 of 10 shots and with Mi 11 Lite 5g maybe 3-4/10 :)
than not need to spend more money I will take it and use it only I will sell the bracelet... xD and the phone will cost me 230eur...

vlat4e1.vs

Feb 28, 2021
That is excellent price for Mi 11 Lite 5g.Fingerprint sensor died on mine two months after I bought it and battery life became awful after MIUI 12.5.5. update.In addition, the phone was very fluid and fast in everyday work and did not have problems with the proximity sensor as most Xiaomi models have.
how much SOT you have in normal use browsing, send email, Facebook, ig camera phone calls etc? thanks for information man ☺️

I forgot. According to one of the battery testing programs, I got a result of about 3800mAh, which is much less than the 4250mAh declared by the manufacturer. And that capacity dropped even more with the update to MIUI 12.5.5. after which the SOT dropped by another 15-20% and the battery could not last a day even for some average use. Fortunately, the charger that comes in the package charges the phone very quickly.

Reactions: vlat4e1.vs

vlat4e1.vs

Feb 28, 2021
I forgot. According to one of the battery testing programs, I got a result of about 3800mAh, which is much less than the 4250mAh declared by the manufacturer. And that capacity dropped even more with the update to MIUI 12.5.5. after which the SOT dropped by another 15-20% and the battery could not last a day even for some average use. Fortunately, the charger that comes in the package charges the phone very quickly.
after all you say maybe I will sell it for 290 eur and buy something else... I will see but thanks a lot man for info xD

Cyber Dealz

Nov 18, 2021
I bought this week the "Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE (blue)" from Amazon Germany for 299 Euro.

Unfortunately the colors are pale compared to my A52. Especially skin colors in youtube movies.
I tried several settings (read mode on/off, Gamma to 0, warm colors, original colors, etc.), but the result was always pale colors compared to A52. What can I do? What settings should I change?

DisplayDxe: SetupPlatformPanelConfig of MDPPLATFORM_PANEL_K9D_CSOT_VTDR6130_FHD_PLUS_DSC_CMD
DisplayDxe: K9D 36 02 0a amoled dsc cmd

Hinch

Nov 14, 2021
Found vivid the best all rounder. Highest brightness, decent colour accuracy/calibration - compared to my iPad. Its ever so slightly over-saturated but still accurately displays colours and has the best white balance of all settings.

Standard is accurate but looks dull and lacks contrast (low gamma?) and no way to adjust. Other settings are way too saturated or screw with white balance and introduces artifacts and black crush with gamma issues.

I have the same model and display fyi but in black.

Reactions: sirgoldi

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Found vivid the best all rounder. Highest brightness, decent colour accuracy/calibration - compared to my iPad. Its ever so slightly over-saturated but still accurately displays colours and has the best white balance of all settings.

Standard is accurate but looks dull and lacks contrast (low gamma?) and no way to adjust. Other settings are way too saturated or screw with white balance and introduces artifacts and black crush with gamma issues.

I have the same model and display fyi but in black.
You convinced me to try Vivid. Let's see.

Áurum32

Sep 4, 2014
OnePlus One
Nexus 9
I bought the NE last week in Spain, I checked the debug log and says the screen is:

MDPPLATFORM_PANEL_K9D_CSOT_VTDR6130_FHD_PLUS_DSC_CMD

Is that Tianma or Huaxing?

IdieBoue

Nov 30, 2016
Hello everyone.

I'm on this paranoid train since I've unboxed my phone. It's a 5G NE version 8/128 black. I used LCD screen phones for the previous 5 years so switching to AMOLED was exciting but also disappointing. The colors are good, especially the black one, which is the whole point of course, but Immediately after I turned on my phone I saw that resolution is strange to my eyes. I have two more phones in the house to compare with. One is Redmi note 8 and the second one is Redmi note 9 pro. Both with LCD and both with a visibly sharper image. I compared letters, images, solid colors, everything. I ignored the screen calibration in terms that color reproduction is different on those 3 phones, I only looked for edges. But no matter everything, I couldn't fool myself, my screen is less sharp. After that I investigated a lot on the internet, finding various calculations for pixels counting, which gave me some piece for a little cause it turns out that this is normal for AMOLED, those types of screens simply aren't as sharp as LCDs.

However, a few days ago I had a chance to compare my screen to Samsung A52 (also with AMOLED, same resolution, almost identical size) and that was disappointing. Samsung's screen was nearly sharp as LCD, while Xiaomi's simply isn't.
I ran those commands from 3rd page and get this: MDPPLATFORM_PANEL_K9D_CSOT_VTDR6130_FHD_PLUS_DSC_CMD

Again, small investigation on Google and I think that the 'CSOT' part stands for this on the image below, so yeah, it's grande Huaxing, but the screen is bad no matter what. I'm just wondering how bad then is that Tianma type if my Huaxing looks like it does.

This is definitely something I could live with, especially since the overall design and handling of this phone is a joy after usual big phones, and also, the blurring is not that terrible, but it's visible nonetheless, so apparently, there is always a catch with Xiaomi.

Attachments

• CSOT.jpg
    CSOT.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 124

Hinch

Nov 14, 2021
Tbh the new screen is fine. I'd rather deal with a slight loss in clarity over shoddy QC with Samsung panels. Even in new phones like the Pixel 6/Iphone 13's have a bunch of reports of defective panels with green and red tint/streaks.

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hello everyone.

I'm on this paranoid train since I've unboxed my phone. It's a 5G NE version 8/128 black. I used LCD screen phones for the previous 5 years so switching to AMOLED was exciting but also disappointing. The colors are good, especially the black one, which is the whole point of course, but Immediately after I turned on my phone I saw that resolution is strange to my eyes. I have two more phones in the house to compare with. One is Redmi note 8 and the second one is Redmi note 9 pro. Both with LCD and both with a visibly sharper image. I compared letters, images, solid colors, everything. I ignored the screen calibration in terms that color reproduction is different on those 3 phones, I only looked for edges. But no matter everything, I couldn't fool myself, my screen is less sharp. After that I investigated a lot on the internet, finding various calculations for pixels counting, which gave me some piece for a little cause it turns out that this is normal for AMOLED, those types of screens simply aren't as sharp as LCDs.

However, a few days ago I had a chance to compare my screen to Samsung A52 (also with AMOLED, same resolution, almost identical size) and that was disappointing. Samsung's screen was nearly sharp as LCD, while Xiaomi's simply isn't.
I ran those commands from 3rd page and get this: MDPPLATFORM_PANEL_K9D_CSOT_VTDR6130_FHD_PLUS_DSC_CMD

Again, small investigation on Google and I think that the 'CSOT' part stands for this on the image below, so yeah, it's grande Huaxing, but the screen is bad no matter what. I'm just wondering how bad then is that Tianma type if my Huaxing looks like it does.

This is definitely something I could live with, especially since the overall design and handling of this phone is a joy after usual big phones, and also, the blurring is not that terrible, but it's visible nonetheless, so apparently, there is always a catch with Xiaomi.

Possibly they develop only Delta RGB Huaxing/Tianma for NE but it's not yet confirmed. We need more opinions.

Just a thought but possibly they gave up manufacturing sharper PenTile version of this panel as Huaxing suffers till now with absolutely broken HDR as well as accompanying it black crush. This might be hardware issue as no update brought solution to this. However, whey they still didn't let us turn off HDR in Settings is beyond me.

In terms of sharpness... What can I tell you, old Huaxing looks like ~ 1030 compared to 1080 LCD in Redmi Note 8 Pro and old Tianma is max 800-850. It was unbearable for me so I was desparately trying to get Huaxing and I managed to. I'm satisfied, it's just OK panel, far from great but at least quite sharp but still not LCD. And blacks are great but battery suffers because of AMOLED. LCD in Redmi was so much less power hungry... But this phone is thin also because it has AMOLED so...

Last edited:

TheArt.

Hi, is it possible to check visually the display type by looking at certain colored images, or a page with small text, or something else? I will need to check it on a used phone so I will have it in my hand prior to buying.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not a troll post. He's right. Fake (emulated?) proximity sensor is a REAL problem, display is Tianma, battery is awful, and many people are losing fingerprint function because an unknown problem with software updates (I think it's some firmware update that bricks the fingerprint permanently).
    Xiaomi is really getting under the classic "cinese" smartphone nomenclature.
    only if we stop buying them.
    There is a clear difference between Huaxing and Tianma. My girlfriend and I had Huaxing, good quality although a remarkable Black Crush, but the fingerprint button failed and I sent the phone to Xiaomi for a warranty repair, however they told me that they could not give me a repair date due to a shortage of spare parts. I have received refunds and I have bought another one, but the new one has come to me with Tianma. Although this one does not have Black Crush, you can visibly notice the less defined text. :(

Luckily for me, she has poor eyesight (and big glasses) and sees no difference, so she trades her phone for mine. 🤘😝

IMG_20220104_042505.jpg
    IMG_20220104_041533.jpg
    So far so good, I am getting used with it. I think I will keep it, for €230 I paid for it, I think is ok. The display does not bother me at all. I like the color options, I like more on white compared with yellowish of my Pixel 4 5g.
    I bought a mi 11 lite 5G a few days ago, and it's a great phone. On the other hand, I thought the screen was not great, I felt like everything was blurry compared to my old Samsung A5 2016 (also having a 1080p amoled).

After asking around on Reddit, it looks like Xiaomi is using two different screen suppliers, with two different technologies.
    The video below explains it perfectly well.

So it is possible to come across a "PenTile" (or diamond) screen, a classic for AMOLED, or else a "RGB Delta" screen.

The problem with the "RGB Delta" is that it is not as sharp as a "PenTile" because of its pixel layout. We can clearly see a drop in terms of definition and display sharpness. It is especially visible on the text (see photo below, Rgb Delta on the right)

1619803461210.png

I'm really disappointed with Xiaomi, either you get a good screen or a not so good one... I tried to contact the support to have more information, but without more.
    After a bit of research I've found out that the Xiaomi 11 Lite NE (lisa) has exactly 2 types of panels - Tianma and CSOT. Comparison between the 2 can be found here. CSOT is supposed to be superior to tianma, but I am yet to come across any lisa unit or user with CSOT. Most of them are having Tianma.

To check yours in MIUI, take a bugreport (settings > about > all specs > tap on cpu multiple times). It will be exported as a zip. Extract it, then extract the zip inside it, then you should see dumpstate_board.txt. Open it, and search for DisplayDxe.

If you see
    Code:
    DisplayDxe: K9D 36 02 0a amoled dsc cmd
    Then you have a tianma panel.

CSOT panel will show up as
    Code:
    DisplayDxe: K9D 42 0d 0b amoled dsc cmd

Somewhere near that text you might also see
    Code:
    MDPPLATFORM_PANEL_K9D_CSOT_VTDR6130_FHD_PLUS_DSC_CMD
    Ignore this as its wrong, it shows the same even for tianma units.

Another way to check is open the large text file bugreport-lisa***.txt, and search for
    goodix_get_panel_type. This is basically the dmesg of the goodix touchscreen driver. Tianma panel will show as:
    Code:
    [GTP-INF][goodix_get_panel_type:1054] This is TM Display Panel!
    While the CSOT panel will show:
    Code:
    [GTP-INF][goodix_get_panel_type:1054] This is CSOT Display Panel!

Hope this helps!
    GOT HUAXING! YES!

FOURTH phone. Green Mint from Xiaomi UK. Difference is DAY AND NIGHT.

I consider this display clearer than Redmi Note 8 Pro while Tianma is clearly the worst performer. What an absolute joke. I wasn't convinced that difference is there but after displays side by side showed by one user I knew I couldn't go wrong with this last gamble.
    Hi. I got Mi 11 Lite 5G from Vodafone in UK. Black colour. Display is absolute disaster. Clarity is like in cheap phone 7 years ago. Additionally this display uses 3.8 TIMES more mAh in auto brightness then IPS in my Redmi Note 8 Pro causing much faster battery drain. It was in 90 Hz but now I'm testing in 60 Hz and it will be approximately around double what RM8 Pro needs for display.

This is absolute joke Xiaomi. They sent reviewers good phones and scamming customers with cheap junk displays.

For that reason I can't see any other choice than return this phone. I was so excited because of lightweightness and there we go... I feel Xiaomi scammed me. This is nowhere premium or midrange display. This is cheapest of the cheapest AMOLED. RN8 Pro IPS feels like Lamborghini compared to that junk. Mi Lite 5G screen is so unclear it causes huge discomfort for my eyes.

Thanks for this thread.
    Just received my phone, ran the ADB command and found it's DisplayDxe: K9 42 02 0b amoled dsc cmd!! (Huaxing) :)
    Purchased it (the black color) on eBay from this USA seller page: https://www.ebay.com/itm/194143992052

6YAuPxq.png