• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

General Be careful! There are two types of screens!

Search This thread

Xelycs

Mar 16, 2014
Mine was Huaxing, M2101K9G (global).
Display is fine. Texts are sharp and clear even with tiny and thin font.

Battery is also very good. SOT ~ 6h30 with dual sim, 4G all day. I'm not a gamer.
-----------
my dump file info :
DisplayDxe: K9 42 02 0b amoled dsc cmd
qcom,mdss_dsi_k9_42_02_0b_mp_dsc_cmd
Huaxing screens must be much more efficient than Tianma, because I have trouble exceeding 5H SOT on a day with Wifi, with a light use (without gaming...)

sirgoldi

Could you please post good quality photo of your screen if you have Huaxing screen? Especially smaller text.

Seems like everybody with Tianma screen are disappointed and 180 degrees different when they have Huaxing. WTF Xiaomi, that's ridiculous, sales of this phone will be bad because of this mess.

dantay999

Jul 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Got my Mi 11 lite 5G yesterday and requested return today, small text is basically zigzag. Gonna get a POCO F3 instead. I understand having 2or even 3 different screen vendors but not different sub-pixel designs. By far the worst OLED I have ever seen, it’s a shame as the design of the phone is really nice.

sirgoldi

20210616_234706_HDR.jpg

I made a photo comparison Redmi Note 8 Pro and Mi 11 Lite 5G (TIANMA). Unfortunately camera in my old LG V20 is not good enough. In reality RN8P display is sharper and this red tint doesn't exist in Lite 5G (just a bit yellowish).

However, it's still well visible that this display is clearly worse.

vinamilk

Jul 26, 2010
Here are 2 shots of my phone, Huaxing screen.
One was taken by IP X and other by 6s+. IP's cam s*ck but you can see the detail and sharpness are very good.
p/s : look at center of pics only, due to IP cam's blurry Increased from center to edge.

Attachments

• IMG_20210617_113130.jpg
    IMG_20210617_113130.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20210617_113038.jpg
    IMG_20210617_113038.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 145

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
When comparing photos, use same MIUI color settings and viewing same photo and same page to compare how the screen perform.

For example, most people have settings like these ones, the pecinl picture is good enough to distinguish:
Screenshot_2021-06-17-15-05-28-140.jpg

Screenshot_2021-06-17-15-05-51-727.jpg

Screenshot_2021-06-17-15-06-00-946.jpg

Screenshot_2021-06-17-15-05-01-358.jpg

Screenshot_2021-06-17-15-04-39-290.jpg

vanpopel

Jun 2, 2012
Huaxing screens must be much more efficient than Tianma, because I have trouble exceeding 5H SOT on a day with Wifi, with a light use (without gaming...)
I got 7h sot easy with tianma, so i don't think one type is more efficient than other.

Different use makes the difference, dark/light mode, 90hz, wifi, 4g/5g, signal strenght, aod, background apps and social media apps, notifications, google/xiaomi services....

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Detail and sharpness of display is not effected by color scheme. It is hardware and technological related.

I know, but when comparing stuff, you better control the variable values.

Control group and compare group.

Let's say one phone set brightness to minimum, and the other one set to maximium.

So is the minimum set phone not brighter than the maximum set one? No, can't compare in this stage.

Another example: one phone is put in all white. The other is put in showing a colorful picture.

Is the white phone screen not good as the one showing picture? Can't tell.

It's not showing the same picture, so how can you compare?

Technology related, sure, but you need good camera to take the photo of the screen to see the small pixels.

Your photos cannot show the very tiny pixels clearly when I look at it.

Which type of screen are these one each?
20210522_165835-jpg.5320405

tiles3-png.5300127

img-20210505-wa0010-jpg.5300493

img_20210607_144126-jpg.5331865

Last edited:

JoudaCZE

Jul 1, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
Thanks. I read about AMOLEDs killing batteries on auto brightness in full sun. However, I can still see display is on first place in battery section in your case. AMOLEDs are ****, IPS in Redmi Note 8 Pro still needs half of that, offers much better sharpness and is even more colorful. And I doubt it's high class IPS considering Redmi Note 8 Pro price...!
Agree with you on that one. AMOLED feels worse in terms battery compared to RN8Pro's LCD. Today I had automatic brightness on, most of time it triggered on maximum due to bright sun and this is the result. I also think map like apps are eating battery a lot too. Phone still manages to last most of the day 🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-17-18-50-47-844_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-17-18-50-47-844_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Received my Mi 11 lite 5G directly from Xiaomi today. Truffle black and more importantly: DisplayDxe: K9 42 02 0b (Huaxing)!

I put it side by side with the Vodafone/Tianma handset and there is a clear difference. However, I still think that my P30 is sharper than both.

Paid £314 using a referral code discount. The Mi Watch lite also came with the phone, I'll stick that on eBay tomorrow.
    GOT HUAXING! YES!

FOURTH phone. Green Mint from Xiaomi UK. Difference is DAY AND NIGHT.

I consider this display clearer than Redmi Note 8 Pro while Tianma is clearly the worst performer. What an absolute joke. I wasn't convinced that difference is there but after displays side by side showed by one user I knew I couldn't go wrong with this last gamble.
    Ok,I can't take better pictures with Iphone 8.Tianma display is 30% brighter and colour calibration is different and more yellowish(in the reality they are not yellow as on those black and white theme dialer pictures but they are still slightly different).Both displays are crisp and clear and I'm sorry I don't have a better camera to take a picture of it.Here are the pics...
    I can't say that one is better than another.Here are couple of same screenshots from both phones so you can tell me if you can find the difference...
    You can't tell from screenshots. A screenshot is an image of what the phone is telling the screen to display, not what it is actually displaying. To compare lcds you need photos of the displays
    Just got my Mi 11 Lite 5g yesterday with Tianma screen (from Saturn Germany). When I discovered that it's supposedly the "bad" screen I wanted to return it immediately, but I just can't see any problem with it. It's crisp and clear, as Gaga Kanasta said. Of course I don't have the comparison to huaxing, but I can compare it with a Mi Note 10 amoled screen and it doesn't look worse at all. They are pretty the same in sharpness, at least for my eyes.
    So maybe they had a problem in quality at the beginning which is solved now, who knows..
    A few days ago i bought a "Second Hand" Mi 11 Lite 5g. Of course i got an Tianma display. In common i am satisfied with the display. The sharpness is good for me. But the colours, especially "black" are a disaster. For me it's not black, but more greyish. I thought about selling it again... But today i tried a setting, which solved the problem for me completely! When i set in "Display -->Colour Scheme ---> advanced settings ---> enhanced" and scroll down to the setting "Gamma" i set the slider to the left side (value 0) and the colours looks perfect for me.

Sorry for my bad english! I am from germany ;-)
    I bought a mi 11 lite 5G a few days ago, and it's a great phone. On the other hand, I thought the screen was not great, I felt like everything was blurry compared to my old Samsung A5 2016 (also having a 1080p amoled).

After asking around on Reddit, it looks like Xiaomi is using two different screen suppliers, with two different technologies.
    The video below explains it perfectly well.

So it is possible to come across a "PenTile" (or diamond) screen, a classic for AMOLED, or else a "RGB Delta" screen.

The problem with the "RGB Delta" is that it is not as sharp as a "PenTile" because of its pixel layout. We can clearly see a drop in terms of definition and display sharpness. It is especially visible on the text (see photo below, Rgb Delta on the right)

1619803461210.png

I'm really disappointed with Xiaomi, either you get a good screen or a not so good one... I tried to contact the support to have more information, but without more.
    Ok,I can't take better pictures with Iphone 8.Tianma display is 30% brighter and colour calibration is different and more yellowish(in the reality they are not yellow as on those black and white theme dialer pictures but they are still slightly different).Both displays are crisp and clear and I'm sorry I don't have a better camera to take a picture of it.Here are the pics...
    GOT HUAXING! YES!

FOURTH phone. Green Mint from Xiaomi UK. Difference is DAY AND NIGHT.

I consider this display clearer than Redmi Note 8 Pro while Tianma is clearly the worst performer. What an absolute joke. I wasn't convinced that difference is there but after displays side by side showed by one user I knew I couldn't go wrong with this last gamble.
    Hi. I got Mi 11 Lite 5G from Vodafone in UK. Black colour. Display is absolute disaster. Clarity is like in cheap phone 7 years ago. Additionally this display uses 3.8 TIMES more mAh in auto brightness then IPS in my Redmi Note 8 Pro causing much faster battery drain. It was in 90 Hz but now I'm testing in 60 Hz and it will be approximately around double what RM8 Pro needs for display.

This is absolute joke Xiaomi. They sent reviewers good phones and scamming customers with cheap junk displays.

For that reason I can't see any other choice than return this phone. I was so excited because of lightweightness and there we go... I feel Xiaomi scammed me. This is nowhere premium or midrange display. This is cheapest of the cheapest AMOLED. RN8 Pro IPS feels like Lamborghini compared to that junk. Mi Lite 5G screen is so unclear it causes huge discomfort for my eyes.

Thanks for this thread.
    That's a fair point, thank you. I checked it with my previous phone which has a LCD panel - turns out, it's more sharper than the AMOLED on the Mi 11 Lite 5G which is really strange.
    That's not strange at all. LCD's uses pure RGB matrix and it 's always sharper than pentile at a given resolution. A 1080p LCD is comparable to a 1440p amoled with pentile.

1*KlA0NNPSQKUSgkd4HU49Kg.jpeg