General Be careful! There are two types of screens!

Search This thread

Monaco72

Jun 23, 2021
Hi Guys. I discovered the forum here and the people who are also not entirely satisfied with the mi 11 lite 5g and the oled display.
My display feels relatively sharp and easy to read. But knowing that is a drama. Check out my review below. I took a few pictures and maybe someone will see which display was installed on me.

I have had the mi 11lite 5g in black with 8gb and 128gb for a good 5 weeks.
Before that, I used a low budget xiaomi Redmi note 7 for a good 2 years, which accompanied me very well and was very satisfied.
Since xiaomi has only been releasing larger and heavier devices lately, I have not yet been able to decide on a new device!

Then the xiaomi mi 11 lite 5g was introduced and I was blown away by the weight of the device. The size is only slightly larger than my redmi note 7.

My experiences in the 2 weeks are as follows.
Optics. Holding a very beautiful and light device in your hand is a dream.
Display! At first I was a little disappointed! After years of using an LCD display, I had promised myself a slightly bigger wow effect from the oled. Yes black is black.
But somehow my display has a slight hint of green with the color white! (Very minimal)
Then I dealt a little more with the settings for color. Lo and behold, there is an extended mode where you can control the RGB colors individually. I only turned the full bar back minimally for green and lo and behold, the touch of the green tinge is gone.
It doesn't seem to be optimally calibrated at the factory or it is due to my device !?
Let's get to the speakers.
They are really good and can be loud without consuming. Bass shouldn't be expected from such a thin device.
I think the quality of the conversation is very good. The person you are speaking to can be heard loud and clear, and the other person confirms that they are easy to understand.
The camera takes good pictures and is only a little exaggerated with one of the colors! That would be green, what you could see in the test.
I was impressed with the video recordings, the microphone quality! You can hear what is spoken clearly.
Up until now, xiaomi would have always had problems, which was also a bit better with a pocco f3 with an additional microphone, but not great either.
In terms of power consumption, I can only compare it with my old redmi note 7, which consumes a little more. Well, the device also has completely different performance data.
However, I am impressed with my old redmi note 7 how economical the device is, with a very old snapdragon 660 process and 4000 mAh battery.

Conclusion. Since the mi 11lite 5g is still relatively new, some updates and optimizations will certainly come here and there.

For me personally, it's the perfect device.
Only wireless charging would have been the icing on the cake, what they could have given the device.
This may come with the next model, the mi 12 lite .........
1624434879910.jpg
1624434879904.jpg
1624434879897.jpg
1624434879913.jpg

Last edited:

shokmah

Sep 8, 2008
Moto G 2014 LTE
LeEco Le 2
Thanks for the feedback, mine was also bought from Mi France and it came with Tianma. I ordered it in black.

What is your feedback on the screen quality? does it look sharp?
It's sharp enough for me. the only screen I can compare to is the 442ppi 5" amoled that comes with yotaphone 2 and pretty much the same for me.
I can notice the pixels if I get as close as 20cm or so from screen but I almost never do that as you cannot see the whole screen.

as mater of fact I use dark mode like 99.999% of time (and amoled theme for apps that allow it)
dunno if it affects my perception.

beside this, videos and photos look neat so far.
this phone is light and almost perfect (miui have too many bugs)

cabezazo

Jun 24, 2021
Considering Mi 11 Lite 5G's differential features (uncommonly thin & light profile with high refresh rate OLED screen + 5G) and the fact that Xiaomi is not promoting / flash deal discounting it (as opposed to other Mi 11 series phones, at least here in Spain) makes me think there's something wrong they're (hopefully) trying to address before giving it more exposure. From a business perspective, that'd make sense if they wanted to minimize negative impact on the company.

For whatever's worth, here you are a link to a thread in Spanish concerning issues with Mi 11 Lite 5G (Mi Community)

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Considering Mi 11 Lite 5G's differential features (uncommonly thin & light profile with high refresh rate OLED screen + 5G) and the fact that Xiaomi is not promoting / flash deal discounting it (as opposed to other Mi 11 series phones, at least here in Spain) makes me think there's something wrong they're (hopefully) trying to address before giving it more exposure. From a business perspective, that'd make sense if they wanted to minimize negative impact on the company.

For whatever's worth, here you are a link to a thread in Spanish concerning issues with Mi 11 Lite 5G (Mi Community)

Looks like ultra low profile (especially considering not that small battery even for today standards) come with a few problems. As you said that might be the reason when they are careful about promoting this device. Looking at Xiaomi's portfolio, this is kind of experiment.

Anybody got MIUI 12.5 in Europe? I'm in UK (phone from Vodafone) and still on 12.0.2.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Anybody got MIUI 12.5 in Europe? I'm in UK (phone from Vodafone) and still on 12.0.2.

Vodafone MIUI might be special made. Only when Vodafone release the update, then you can get it.

If you check update and there's no update after 12.0.2.0, then that's it for now for Vodafone official version.

If you want to try the newer 12.5.1.0 version, you have to unlock bootloader and flash other region ROMs.

1624548629482.png

And about locking bootloader after flashing EEA or global, personally will not risk it. But there's success case in other phone models as written here:

NEVER lock bootloader when you have a non-China region phone with China ROMs.

Last edited:

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Vodafone MIUI might be special made. Only when Vodafone release the update, then you can get it.

If you check update and there's no update after 12.0.2.0, then that's it for now for Vodafone official version.

If you want to try the newer 12.5.1.0 version, you have to unlock bootloader and flash other region ROMs.

View attachment 5346927

And about locking bootloader after flashing EEA or global, personally will not risk it. But there's success case in other phone models as written here:

NEVER lock bootloader when you have a non-China region phone with China ROMs.
I think I'm not going to risk it then.

Anyway, I have absolutely no idea why they put Vodafone rom. Phone is unlocked to other networks and there is not even single Vodafone app or other bloatware than Xiaomi's.

Absolutely ridiculous. And I have a feeling that updates will be long delayed and at some point no longer available.

cabezazo

Jun 24, 2021
Looks like ultra low profile (especially considering not that small battery even for today standards) come with a few problems. As you said that might be the reason when they are careful about promoting this device. Looking at Xiaomi's portfolio, this is kind of experiment.
I believe many people would be interested if other companies followed suit (devices with capable specs, a big screen and reasonable battery size, but also thin & light profile); however, based on feedback on the Mi 11 Lite 5G, it might not be that easy to pull off.

You hit the nail on the head: just an experiment so far.

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
I believe many people would be interested if other companies followed suit (devices with capable specs, a big screen and reasonable battery size, but also thin & light profile); however, based on feedback on the Mi 11 Lite 5G, it might not be that easy to pull off.

You hit the nail on the head: just an experiment so far.
Even though my first contact with this phone was quite disappointing because of poor display sharpness, I still think it's a phone one of a kind and will keep it in the end as I see no alternative really. I bought it mainly because of RN8Pro weight (okay, Vodafone deal - £269 plus free MI Band 6 was convincing) and while I kind used to display (still disappointed about it and real resolution is the biggest problem but not the only one, I just prefer LCDs and that's it), I can't accept RN8Pro weight anymore. Additionaly I'm getting here more RAM, loud speakers even if they offer quite "basic" sound, absolutely amazing performance (can't believe they name it Snap 7xx series...!), okayish cameras and I think those will be improved as Snap 780 is too new to offer full potential it terms of software optimization.

Ah thanks. So patience is everything now. :)
V12.5.1.0.RKIEUXM went live on June 5th, MIUI updates aren't tied to any carrier.

You may have to check for updates multiple times till you get it. They usually roll out updates in phases, which means yours is yet to receive it.

If you're using V12.0.8.0 now and don't want to wait, you can download the OTA package yourself and install it.

V12.0.8.0 to V12.5.1.0 Europe

Last edited:
If you're using V12.0.8.0 now and don't want to wait, you can download the OTA package yourself and install it.

Easy steps on how to install OTA updates manually :
  1. Within your phone, navigate to Settings > About Phone > MIUI Version, and then press the three-dot icon in the top-right corner, and select “Choose Update Package”.
  2. If the “Choose Update Package” option is missing, tap on the MIUI logo 10 times to activate the option.
  3. Choose the downloaded .zip file.
  4. Wait for the update to install.
Please bear in mind that the update process will only start if your phone is on V12.0.8.0 Europe. Any other version and region will refuse to update.

shokmah

Sep 8, 2008
Moto G 2014 LTE
LeEco Le 2
12.5 ota has been released for 5G version, not 4G.
didn't know that, just read like 2 days ago about miui 12.5.2 went live on Mi 11 lite.
V12.5.1.0.RKIEUXM went live on June 5th, MIUI updates aren't tied to any carrier.

You may have to check for updates multiple times till you get it. They usually roll out updates in phases, which means yours is yet to receive it.

thanks, did the second.
labels and UI in general seems to look sharper. (can't be assertive about this, may be a perception bias )

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3

I'm on 12.0.2.RKIEUVF (Vodafone) I'm afraid.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought a mi 11 lite 5G a few days ago, and it's a great phone. On the other hand, I thought the screen was not great, I felt like everything was blurry compared to my old Samsung A5 2016 (also having a 1080p amoled).

After asking around on Reddit, it looks like Xiaomi is using two different screen suppliers, with two different technologies.
    The video below explains it perfectly well.

So it is possible to come across a "PenTile" (or diamond) screen, a classic for AMOLED, or else a "RGB Delta" screen.

The problem with the "RGB Delta" is that it is not as sharp as a "PenTile" because of its pixel layout. We can clearly see a drop in terms of definition and display sharpness. It is especially visible on the text (see photo below, Rgb Delta on the right)

1619803461210.png

I'm really disappointed with Xiaomi, either you get a good screen or a not so good one... I tried to contact the support to have more information, but without more.
    After a bit of research I've found out that the Xiaomi 11 Lite NE (lisa) has exactly 2 types of panels - Tianma and CSOT. Comparison between the 2 can be found here. CSOT is from TCL and is supposed to be better than tianma, but I am yet to come across any lisa unit or user with CSOT. Most of them, including myself, are having Tianma.

To check yours in MIUI, take a bugreport (settings > about > all specs > tap on cpu multiple times). It will be exported as a zip. Extract it, then extract the zip inside it, then you should see dumpstate_board.txt. Open it, and search for DisplayDxe.

If you see
    Code:
    DisplayDxe: K9D 36 02 0a amoled dsc cmd
    Then you have a tianma panel.

CSOT panel will show up as
    Code:
    DisplayDxe: K9D 42 0d 0b amoled dsc cmd

Somewhere near that text you might also see
    Code:
    MDPPLATFORM_PANEL_K9D_CSOT_VTDR6130_FHD_PLUS_DSC_CMD
    Ignore this as its wrong, it shows the same even for tianma units.

Another way to check is open the large text file bugreport-lisa***.txt, and search for
    goodix_get_panel_type. This is basically the dmesg of the goodix touchscreen driver. Tianma panel will show as:
    Code:
    [GTP-INF][goodix_get_panel_type:1054] This is TM Display Panel!
    While the CSOT panel will show:
    Code:
    [GTP-INF][goodix_get_panel_type:1054] This is CSOT Display Panel!

Hope this helps!

On a side note: Even though I have a Tianma panel, personally I don't notice any issues with it. Yes, text might be less sharper but I notice that only when I'm looking through a magnifying glass or a macro camera. Normally to my naked eyes, it looks perfectly fine. Perhaps the Tianma panel on lisa (NE) might be slightly improved over the Tianma panel on renoir (non-NE) after all.

Edit 2: Tianma panels do have a bit of black crush. Not sure if CSOT has it too.
    Ok,I can't take better pictures with Iphone 8.Tianma display is 30% brighter and colour calibration is different and more yellowish(in the reality they are not yellow as on those black and white theme dialer pictures but they are still slightly different).Both displays are crisp and clear and I'm sorry I don't have a better camera to take a picture of it.Here are the pics...
    Hi. I got Mi 11 Lite 5G from Vodafone in UK. Black colour. Display is absolute disaster. Clarity is like in cheap phone 7 years ago. Additionally this display uses 3.8 TIMES more mAh in auto brightness then IPS in my Redmi Note 8 Pro causing much faster battery drain. It was in 90 Hz but now I'm testing in 60 Hz and it will be approximately around double what RM8 Pro needs for display.

This is absolute joke Xiaomi. They sent reviewers good phones and scamming customers with cheap junk displays.

For that reason I can't see any other choice than return this phone. I was so excited because of lightweightness and there we go... I feel Xiaomi scammed me. This is nowhere premium or midrange display. This is cheapest of the cheapest AMOLED. RN8 Pro IPS feels like Lamborghini compared to that junk. Mi Lite 5G screen is so unclear it causes huge discomfort for my eyes.

Thanks for this thread.
    GOT HUAXING! YES!

FOURTH phone. Green Mint from Xiaomi UK. Difference is DAY AND NIGHT.

I consider this display clearer than Redmi Note 8 Pro while Tianma is clearly the worst performer. What an absolute joke. I wasn't convinced that difference is there but after displays side by side showed by one user I knew I couldn't go wrong with this last gamble.