General Be careful! There are two types of screens!

Search This thread

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
150 mAh for one hour is nowhere near my result. Please let me know then, that's weird. This was usage mostly outside so minimum 3/4 on auto brightness. I really have feeling that this screen is a glitch which was put into this phone by accident.

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Many of us think as for now that at least one type of displays mounted in Mi Lite 11 is very poor quality. Real resolution is much lower than it should be as advertised and if you used especially LCD display before, you would be very disappointed. Colours are also worse than in old Redmi Note 8 Pro so don't treat this 10-bit as an real thing. Xiaomi delivers cheap displays to customers and probably delivered phones with good ones to reviewers hence the good reviews. IMO don't buy this phone.

150 mAh for one hour is nowhere near my result. Please let me know then, that's weird. This was usage mostly outside so minimum 3/4 on auto brightness. I really have feeling that this screen is a glitch which was put into this phone by accident.
This is what I'm getting for nearly 3 hours. It's strange, there must be something wrong with your display which should be covered in warranty either way. I don't think the RGB would be draining it so fast

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-09-22-19-05-038_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-09-22-19-05-038_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 206

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Auto brightness can go beyond the max than manual max brightness.

When under sun, auto brightness likely will max out.

:O Is this at home or outside? Auto brightness? 90 or 60 Hz?
I have Manual brightness (between Half and 3/4) and it's mostly inside but combined with outside. I have the display on 90hz currently. Today I was outside mostly with manual brightness and 90hz, screenshot attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-10-13-57-14-718_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-10-13-57-14-718_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 141
Reactions: sirgoldi

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
I have Manual brightness (between Half and 3/4) and it's mostly inside but combined with outside. I have the display on 90hz currently. Today I was outside mostly with manual brightness and 90hz, screenshot attached
Thanks. I read about AMOLEDs killing batteries on auto brightness in full sun. However, I can still see display is on first place in battery section in your case. AMOLEDs are ****, IPS in Redmi Note 8 Pro still needs half of that, offers much better sharpness and is even more colorful. And I doubt it's high class IPS considering Redmi Note 8 Pro price...!

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
The theme difference also contribute to battery drain.

Dark theme has lower battery consumption than white theme in OLED.

Last edited:

4K2K

May 22, 2015
Thanks. I read about AMOLEDs killing batteries on auto brightness in full sun. However, I can still see display is on first place in battery section in your case. AMOLEDs are ****, IPS in Redmi Note 8 Pro still needs half of that, offers much better sharpness and is even more colorful. And I doubt it's high class IPS considering Redmi Note 8 Pro price...!

LCD is mature old technology. It's been around so long and all the manufactures make equally top notch panels. While AMOLED is the future, only a few companies can make high quality ones. Tianma certainly is not one of them.

Reactions: Warren_Orange

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
GGo
LCD is mature old technology. It's been around so long and all the manufactures make equally top notch panels. While AMOLED is the future, only a few companies can make high quality ones. Tianma certainly is not one of them.
Good point. It's probably easy now to make cheap good looking LCD. I remember old LCDs. Disaster. However, AMOLED is on markets for a while and I really didn't expect such bad display in - all in all - lite version of flagship Xiaomi phone...!

I'm in touch with Xiaomi support. I asked for possible workaround like swap my phone for one with Huaxing display. They kind of agreed with my email and promised to let me know if they can do something for me after I pointed issues and showed that Redmi Note 8 Pro display just looks much better. Also they were "surprised" (ekhm...) about such higher energy consumption. They know now users are aware of problem so maybe they will act. I really want this phone because of weight but - damn - with display just a bit on par with the rest...! Huaxing meets retina standard so that should be fine.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
GGo

Good point. It's probably easy now to make cheap good looking LCD. I remember old LCDs. Disaster. However, AMOLED is on markets for a while and I really didn't expect such bad display in - all in all - lite version of flagship Xiaomi phone...!

I'm in touch with Xiaomi support. I asked for possible workaround like swap my phone for one with Huaxing display. They kind of agreed with my email and promised to let me know if they can do something for me after I pointed issues and showed that Redmi Note 8 Pro display just looks much better. Also they were "surprised" (ekhm...) about such higher energy consumption. They know now users are aware of problem so maybe they will act. I really want this phone because of weight but - damn - with display just a bit on par with the rest...! Huaxing meets retina standard so that should be fine.

Be sure not to tell them how you find this out.

Or else in the future, they will hide it, or patch it.

Even eventually they will find out, but the longer it keeps hidden, the less burden to find out the manufacture for everyone else in the future.

Reactions: SuperL0L

4K2K

May 22, 2015
GGo

They will not act. This issue is nothing compared to Redmi Note 7 Pros' touch problems (again, same panel lottery with Tianma screens) and they did not do anything then.

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Vodafone UK agreed to swap my phone because of "faulty screen". I tried to explain it's not faulty but that's just worse type of screen but they were pushing for phone exchange. In the end I have no idea if it makes any chance because I doubt they are aware of problem and will send me random item not the one with Huaxing display. Hard to sort out this problem somehow.

overdrives

Feb 20, 2011
Got mine from Xiaomi France, "to be sure".
Got Tianma screen.
I'm kinda mad, considering sending it back.

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Mine replacement phone was supposed to be delivered today but I'm delaying courier as I'm not sure if makes any sense to swap current phone to find out that they send me another Tianma phone. I doubt same vendor (Vodafone) might have phones with displays from 2 different manufacturing. Unlikely.

If you ordered directly from Xiaomi, you might be lucky to push them to send Huaxing. I'm sure they are already aware their little trick was already uncovered. It's almost everywhere in comments now that display is **** and it stops people from buying this phone. It's sad because it's a perfect design but Xiaomi decided to silently cut corners and it backfires now. Or quality control totally failed.

BTW: I haven't seen any users with Huaxing Mi 11 Lite 5G so looks like it's pretty non existent phone version which probably reached reviewers. It might be more expensive to manufacture displays with Pentile instead of RGB Delta.
Also we haven't seen comparison of those so maybe in general display of this phone can't be considered good.

Last edited:

vinamilk

Jul 26, 2010
Mine was Huaxing, M2101K9G (global).
Display is fine. Texts are sharp and clear even with tiny and thin font.

Battery is also very good. SOT ~ 6h30 with dual sim, 4G all day. I'm not a gamer.
-----------
my dump file info :
DisplayDxe: K9 42 02 0b amoled dsc cmd
qcom,mdss_dsi_k9_42_02_0b_mp_dsc_cmd

Reactions: JoudaCZE

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought a mi 11 lite 5G a few days ago, and it's a great phone. On the other hand, I thought the screen was not great, I felt like everything was blurry compared to my old Samsung A5 2016 (also having a 1080p amoled).

After asking around on Reddit, it looks like Xiaomi is using two different screen suppliers, with two different technologies.
    The video below explains it perfectly well.

So it is possible to come across a "PenTile" (or diamond) screen, a classic for AMOLED, or else a "RGB Delta" screen.

The problem with the "RGB Delta" is that it is not as sharp as a "PenTile" because of its pixel layout. We can clearly see a drop in terms of definition and display sharpness. It is especially visible on the text (see photo below, Rgb Delta on the right)

1619803461210.png

I'm really disappointed with Xiaomi, either you get a good screen or a not so good one... I tried to contact the support to have more information, but without more.
    After a bit of research I've found out that the Xiaomi 11 Lite NE (lisa) has exactly 2 types of panels - Tianma and CSOT. Comparison between the 2 can be found here. CSOT is from TCL and is supposed to be better than tianma, but I am yet to come across any lisa unit or user with CSOT. Most of them, including myself, are having Tianma.

To check yours in MIUI, take a bugreport (settings > about > all specs > tap on cpu multiple times). It will be exported as a zip. Extract it, then extract the zip inside it, then you should see dumpstate_board.txt. Open it, and search for DisplayDxe.

If you see
    Code:
    DisplayDxe: K9D 36 02 0a amoled dsc cmd
    Then you have a tianma panel.

CSOT panel will show up as
    Code:
    DisplayDxe: K9D 42 0d 0b amoled dsc cmd

Somewhere near that text you might also see
    Code:
    MDPPLATFORM_PANEL_K9D_CSOT_VTDR6130_FHD_PLUS_DSC_CMD
    Ignore this as its wrong, it shows the same even for tianma units.

Another way to check is open the large text file bugreport-lisa***.txt, and search for
    goodix_get_panel_type. This is basically the dmesg of the goodix touchscreen driver. Tianma panel will show as:
    Code:
    [GTP-INF][goodix_get_panel_type:1054] This is TM Display Panel!
    While the CSOT panel will show:
    Code:
    [GTP-INF][goodix_get_panel_type:1054] This is CSOT Display Panel!

Hope this helps!

On a side note: Even though I have a Tianma panel, personally I don't notice any issues with it. Yes, text might be less sharper but I notice that only when I'm looking through a magnifying glass or a macro camera. Normally to my naked eyes, it looks perfectly fine. Perhaps the Tianma panel on lisa (NE) might be slightly improved over the Tianma panel on renoir (non-NE) after all.

Edit 2: Tianma panels do have a bit of black crush. Not sure if CSOT has it too.
    Ok,I can't take better pictures with Iphone 8.Tianma display is 30% brighter and colour calibration is different and more yellowish(in the reality they are not yellow as on those black and white theme dialer pictures but they are still slightly different).Both displays are crisp and clear and I'm sorry I don't have a better camera to take a picture of it.Here are the pics...
    Hi. I got Mi 11 Lite 5G from Vodafone in UK. Black colour. Display is absolute disaster. Clarity is like in cheap phone 7 years ago. Additionally this display uses 3.8 TIMES more mAh in auto brightness then IPS in my Redmi Note 8 Pro causing much faster battery drain. It was in 90 Hz but now I'm testing in 60 Hz and it will be approximately around double what RM8 Pro needs for display.

This is absolute joke Xiaomi. They sent reviewers good phones and scamming customers with cheap junk displays.

For that reason I can't see any other choice than return this phone. I was so excited because of lightweightness and there we go... I feel Xiaomi scammed me. This is nowhere premium or midrange display. This is cheapest of the cheapest AMOLED. RN8 Pro IPS feels like Lamborghini compared to that junk. Mi Lite 5G screen is so unclear it causes huge discomfort for my eyes.

Thanks for this thread.
    GOT HUAXING! YES!

FOURTH phone. Green Mint from Xiaomi UK. Difference is DAY AND NIGHT.

I consider this display clearer than Redmi Note 8 Pro while Tianma is clearly the worst performer. What an absolute joke. I wasn't convinced that difference is there but after displays side by side showed by one user I knew I couldn't go wrong with this last gamble.