General Be careful! There are two types of screens!

Search This thread
Anybody in UK have Huaxing? If so, where did you buy?
I have and bought it from belsimpel.nl (gomibo.co.uk) from Netherlands, they guarantee next day delivery if ordered before 18:00 and the phone is also cheaper for some reason. Although had to send it for "repairs" where instead they sent me new phone (this is not ad btw)

Last edited:

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Thanks. I've got one from Vodafone and I don't think they have any phones with Huaxing display but will see. They sent replecement... So you first got TIANMA and then HUAXING and can confirm it is noticable difference? I see both display are **** in terms of battery consumption. This AMOLED hype is crazy, those displays don't deserve the fame they have!

BTW: I see you also do Just Eat. :) (m)

Reactions: JoudaCZE

Xelycs

Mar 16, 2014
I don't understand why everyone thinks the oled is so great, when it has so many problems:
- Limited life span (risk of burning if an image remains too static...)
- The problems of Black Crush, Black Smearing
- Health concerns related to the use of PWM (which causes migraines for many people)
- The lower definition than an LCD (because of the use of PenTile, and in RGB Delta it is even worse)

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Let me add a few more things.

- it's force you to use black mode as much as you can otherwise you get much higher battery consumption in light conditions
- when you make a photo, LCD shows you roughly the same what your eyes tell you while still maintaining great colours but not oversaturated or bleak
- worse for eyes (in my case)
- terrible, "dirty and yellowish" whites
- more expensive to manufacture

Big advantage in dark conditions is amazing black colour.

Theoretically AMOLEDs make phones thinner but I remember fantastic LG panels which were really thin and light. Disadvantage was temporary image retention which could be easily sorted you.

Thanks. I've got one from Vodafone and I don't think they have any phones with Huaxing display but will see. They sent replecement... So you first got TIANMA and then HUAXING and can confirm it is noticable difference? I see both display are **** in terms of battery consumption. This AMOLED hype is crazy, those displays don't deserve the fame they have!

BTW: I see you also do Just Eat. :) (m)
For me it was noticeable difference, as normal AMOLED's are worse in resolution the RGB feels blurry instead. Not sure how to explain it, you can try confirming if you have huaxing through the dial when you input the *#*#284#*#* which creates that bug file .zip

Unzip the file, there might be another zip file with the same name .zip, unzip that one too and open "dumpstate_board.txt" then try search "TIANMA" if that is unsuccessful then try "K9 42 02" if it found these numbers, then it is Huaxing.

If it isn't clear what I said I can try explain it better 😅

Btw: yes I started doing just eat recently

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
For me it was noticeable difference, as normal AMOLED's are worse in resolution the RGB feels blurry instead. Not sure how to explain it, you can try confirming if you have huaxing through the dial when you input the *#*#284#*#* which creates that bug file .zip

Unzip the file, there might be another zip file with the same name .zip, unzip that one too and open "dumpstate_board.txt" then try search "TIANMA" if that is unsuccessful then try "K9 42 02" if it found these numbers, then it is Huaxing.

If it isn't clear what I said I can try explain it better 😅

Btw: yes I started doing just eat recently
Thanks but I've already checked and it's Tianma. Had to be considering everything is blurry. In Vodafone they have no idea what I'm talking about so they just send probably another Tianma...

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
I'm not sure if that's even possible that Vodafone will send phone with Huaxing. They probably got one batch of same phones with Tianma. They sent me replacement phone but they have no idea about any display issues so...

They have no idea about the issue, but have to deal with complaint, especially repeated. :p

If this phone is a burden to you, get refund and try other phones or wait for another goods.

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
They have no idea about the issue, but have to deal with complaint, especially repeated. :p

If this phone is a burden to you, get refund and try other phones or wait for another goods.
Will see. I like this phone because of weight but also considering Poco F3 GT as Dimensity 1100 is even more powerful and I like LCD display. But it's heavier so I don't know. Also I can't return it permanently because I won't get free promotional Mi Band 6 so if they won't deliver item with proper advertised screen I will sell it after receiving Mi Band 6.

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Would be amazing to finally see comparison Tianma Vs Huaxing. However, it's impossible to show by average user as we, all affected, try to swap Tianma phones and can't have both at the same time. One reviewer just mentioned this, show example Vs K40 display and that's it, no follow through. I'm wondering what was their source of knowing that (video in 1st post).

I got the tianma screen and i have to say im wondering if some of you are blowing this way out of proportion because it doesn't seem bad at all.
For someone who spends a lot of time in front of screens I can easily admit that my eyes get tired after 5 minutes looking at this phone screen due to blurry text and disturbed white textures.

My former device has a far better panel, it even has DC Dimming, referring to Mi 9 lite.

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
For someone who spends a lot of time in front of screens I can easily admit that my eyes get tired after 5 minutes looking at this phone screen due to blurry text and disturbed white textures.

My former device has a far better panel, it even has DC Dimming, referring to Mi 9 lite.
Exactly this. Tired eyes and in general disturbing screen. I would even ignore **** display compared to Redmi Note 8 Pro as I enjoy phone weight. But this display just makes me eyes sooo tired.

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
So got replacement phone. Another ****ing blurry Tianma. I can't stand this phone, I'm done with it and selling after I get free Mi Band 6. This is absolutely joke Xiaomi to release midranger with such low (effective ) res display which affects your eyesight. I'm done with this lottery of having normal or affected phone. I just can't like this phone and let my eyes suffer because manufacturer acts like there is no problem at all.

I'm thinking about OnePlus 8. It's nicely priced now.

Last edited:

overdrives

Feb 20, 2011
Sent the black one back to Xiaomi France.
Ordered a green one from Orange .... and it's the garbage screen again.

I would give up and buy another brand if there were other affordable lightweight 90Hz.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought a mi 11 lite 5G a few days ago, and it's a great phone. On the other hand, I thought the screen was not great, I felt like everything was blurry compared to my old Samsung A5 2016 (also having a 1080p amoled).

After asking around on Reddit, it looks like Xiaomi is using two different screen suppliers, with two different technologies.
    The video below explains it perfectly well.

So it is possible to come across a "PenTile" (or diamond) screen, a classic for AMOLED, or else a "RGB Delta" screen.

The problem with the "RGB Delta" is that it is not as sharp as a "PenTile" because of its pixel layout. We can clearly see a drop in terms of definition and display sharpness. It is especially visible on the text (see photo below, Rgb Delta on the right)

1619803461210.png

I'm really disappointed with Xiaomi, either you get a good screen or a not so good one... I tried to contact the support to have more information, but without more.
    After a bit of research I've found out that the Xiaomi 11 Lite NE (lisa) has exactly 2 types of panels - Tianma and CSOT. Comparison between the 2 can be found here. CSOT is from TCL and is supposed to be better than tianma, but I am yet to come across any lisa unit or user with CSOT. Most of them, including myself, are having Tianma.

To check yours in MIUI, take a bugreport (settings > about > all specs > tap on cpu multiple times). It will be exported as a zip. Extract it, then extract the zip inside it, then you should see dumpstate_board.txt. Open it, and search for DisplayDxe.

If you see
    Code:
    DisplayDxe: K9D 36 02 0a amoled dsc cmd
    Then you have a tianma panel.

CSOT panel will show up as
    Code:
    DisplayDxe: K9D 42 0d 0b amoled dsc cmd

Somewhere near that text you might also see
    Code:
    MDPPLATFORM_PANEL_K9D_CSOT_VTDR6130_FHD_PLUS_DSC_CMD
    Ignore this as its wrong, it shows the same even for tianma units.

Another way to check is open the large text file bugreport-lisa***.txt, and search for
    goodix_get_panel_type. This is basically the dmesg of the goodix touchscreen driver. Tianma panel will show as:
    Code:
    [GTP-INF][goodix_get_panel_type:1054] This is TM Display Panel!
    While the CSOT panel will show:
    Code:
    [GTP-INF][goodix_get_panel_type:1054] This is CSOT Display Panel!

Hope this helps!

On a side note: Even though I have a Tianma panel, personally I don't notice any issues with it. Yes, text might be less sharper but I notice that only when I'm looking through a magnifying glass or a macro camera. Normally to my naked eyes, it looks perfectly fine. Perhaps the Tianma panel on lisa (NE) might be slightly improved over the Tianma panel on renoir (non-NE) after all.

Edit 2: Tianma panels do have a bit of black crush. Not sure if CSOT has it too.
    Ok,I can't take better pictures with Iphone 8.Tianma display is 30% brighter and colour calibration is different and more yellowish(in the reality they are not yellow as on those black and white theme dialer pictures but they are still slightly different).Both displays are crisp and clear and I'm sorry I don't have a better camera to take a picture of it.Here are the pics...
    Hi. I got Mi 11 Lite 5G from Vodafone in UK. Black colour. Display is absolute disaster. Clarity is like in cheap phone 7 years ago. Additionally this display uses 3.8 TIMES more mAh in auto brightness then IPS in my Redmi Note 8 Pro causing much faster battery drain. It was in 90 Hz but now I'm testing in 60 Hz and it will be approximately around double what RM8 Pro needs for display.

This is absolute joke Xiaomi. They sent reviewers good phones and scamming customers with cheap junk displays.

For that reason I can't see any other choice than return this phone. I was so excited because of lightweightness and there we go... I feel Xiaomi scammed me. This is nowhere premium or midrange display. This is cheapest of the cheapest AMOLED. RN8 Pro IPS feels like Lamborghini compared to that junk. Mi Lite 5G screen is so unclear it causes huge discomfort for my eyes.

Thanks for this thread.
    GOT HUAXING! YES!

FOURTH phone. Green Mint from Xiaomi UK. Difference is DAY AND NIGHT.

I consider this display clearer than Redmi Note 8 Pro while Tianma is clearly the worst performer. What an absolute joke. I wasn't convinced that difference is there but after displays side by side showed by one user I knew I couldn't go wrong with this last gamble.