General Be careful! There are two types of screens!

Search This thread

medmed58

Mar 25, 2017
Hello,

According to you. Diamond or RGB ? Photo taken with the microscope.

CAPTURE.jpg

I also found this.

display.jpg

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Does anybody know which display has the new 11 Lite 5G NE? Just curious.

Again bloody Delta. Not sure about supplier buy probably again Tianma. No confirmed Huaxing/Pentile in NE at this point.

This is where they cut costs in this phone. Display. Huaxing is better but also power hungry and is affected by HDR problems while Tianma not. In general those are average displays at most.

medmed58

Mar 25, 2017
Again bloody Delta. Not sure about supplier buy probably again Tianma. No confirmed Huaxing/Pentile in NE at this point.

This is where they cut costs in this phone. Display. Huaxing is better but also power hungry and is affected by HDR problems while Tianma not. In general those are average displays at most.
I apparently have a Huaxing/Pentile slab and I don't find the consumption excessive.

Before I had the Mi 9 lite, and I immediately saw a difference in screen quality. It's hard to describe the difference, it's subtle, but very visible for someone who is used to an Amoled screen.
For me it's as if the Mi 11 lite 5G had a little lack of contrast and sharpness.

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
I apparently have a Huaxing/Pentile slab and I don't find the consumption excessive.

Before I had the Mi 9 lite, and I immediately saw a difference in screen quality. It's hard to describe the difference, it's subtle, but very visible for someone who is used to an Amoled screen.
For me it's as if the Mi 11 lite 5G had a little lack of contrast and sharpness.

According to Battery and performance tab Mi 11 Lite 5G display consumes 2.5x more energy compared to Redmi Note 8 Pro (LCD). This heavily affects overall battery life... In general this display clearly loses with RN8 Pro but pure blacks are nice feature for sure.

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
According to Battery and performance tab Mi 11 Lite 5G display consumes 2.5x more energy compared to Redmi Note 8 Pro (LCD). This heavily affects overall battery life... In general this display clearly loses with RN8 Pro but pure blacks are nice feature for sure.
Yes-factory reset and different Miui versions.Fingerprint option just dissapeared.Locked bootloader and returned to seller...They said it's broken.

You mean disappeared in options? Seems like software issue to me.

Yes.They havent't had fingerprint sensor and they told me I need to wait for repair or refund.So I got my money back and bought another phone.This time no Xiaomi.This was 3rd Xiaomi phone I've used and I'm really dissapointed.Redmi Note 5 pro and A2 were solid phones,but they were cheap...Different display quality on same model,bad fingerprint sensor,many models have problems with proximity sensor,buggy Miui updates....I don't think Xiaomi can make quality phone with good software.

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Yes.They havent't had fingerprint sensor and they told me I need to wait for repair or refund.So I got my money back and bought another phone.This time no Xiaomi.This was 3rd Xiaomi phone I've used and I'm really dissapointed.Redmi Note 5 pro and A2 were solid phones,but they were cheap...Different display quality on same model,bad fingerprint sensor,many models have problems with proximity sensor,buggy Miui updates....I don't think Xiaomi can make quality phone with good software.

Mi 11 Lite 5G is unique in terms of weight. If somebody doesn't mind heavier phone, there are better alternatives for the price definitely.

Hi,

I have the following info from the dump of a new Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE.

DisplayDxe: SetupPlatformPanelConfig of MDPPLATFORM_PANEL_K9D_CSOT_VTDR6130_FHD_PLUS_DSC_CMD
DisplayDxe: K9D 36 02 0a amoled dsc cmd

Looks like a delta panel buy maybe from a new manufacturer than tianma. Is my understanding correct. Thanks.

Cheers,
Mdy

salamipapiii

Oct 18, 2021

are all the ne versions rgb delta? or are they the same lottery luck with the old 5g model with some being pentile and other rgb delta???

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
are all the ne versions rgb delta? or are they the same lottery luck with the old 5g model with some being pentile and other rgb delta???

We don't know yet. As for now I haven't seen opinion that NE has any other display than RGB Delta.

We have to wait for more opinions to find out.

PS. My girlfriend's phone has Delta RGB and looking at that even for a while makes my eyes hurt. She... just doesn't care and accepts it. On the other hand she is supposed to wear glasses. :D

My former phone was also a Mi 9 Lite and I can clearly state that beside everything else the screen was a noticeable downgrade.

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
My former phone was also a Mi 9 Lite and I can clearly state that beside everything else the screen was a noticeable downgrade.

One reason can be cost cutting, another reason could be phone thickness. Not sure if that's the case but maybe there are differences between displays in terms of thickness. Thinner display could be less capable in general.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought a mi 11 lite 5G a few days ago, and it's a great phone. On the other hand, I thought the screen was not great, I felt like everything was blurry compared to my old Samsung A5 2016 (also having a 1080p amoled).

After asking around on Reddit, it looks like Xiaomi is using two different screen suppliers, with two different technologies.
    The video below explains it perfectly well.

So it is possible to come across a "PenTile" (or diamond) screen, a classic for AMOLED, or else a "RGB Delta" screen.

The problem with the "RGB Delta" is that it is not as sharp as a "PenTile" because of its pixel layout. We can clearly see a drop in terms of definition and display sharpness. It is especially visible on the text (see photo below, Rgb Delta on the right)

1619803461210.png

I'm really disappointed with Xiaomi, either you get a good screen or a not so good one... I tried to contact the support to have more information, but without more.
    After a bit of research I've found out that the Xiaomi 11 Lite NE (lisa) has exactly 2 types of panels - Tianma and CSOT. Comparison between the 2 can be found here. CSOT is from TCL and is supposed to be better than tianma, but I am yet to come across any lisa unit or user with CSOT. Most of them, including myself, are having Tianma.

To check yours in MIUI, take a bugreport (settings > about > all specs > tap on cpu multiple times). It will be exported as a zip. Extract it, then extract the zip inside it, then you should see dumpstate_board.txt. Open it, and search for DisplayDxe.

If you see
    Code:
    DisplayDxe: K9D 36 02 0a amoled dsc cmd
    Then you have a tianma panel.

CSOT panel will show up as
    Code:
    DisplayDxe: K9D 42 0d 0b amoled dsc cmd

Somewhere near that text you might also see
    Code:
    MDPPLATFORM_PANEL_K9D_CSOT_VTDR6130_FHD_PLUS_DSC_CMD
    Ignore this as its wrong, it shows the same even for tianma units.

Another way to check is open the large text file bugreport-lisa***.txt, and search for
    goodix_get_panel_type. This is basically the dmesg of the goodix touchscreen driver. Tianma panel will show as:
    Code:
    [GTP-INF][goodix_get_panel_type:1054] This is TM Display Panel!
    While the CSOT panel will show:
    Code:
    [GTP-INF][goodix_get_panel_type:1054] This is CSOT Display Panel!

Hope this helps!

On a side note: Even though I have a Tianma panel, personally I don't notice any issues with it. Yes, text might be less sharper but I notice that only when I'm looking through a magnifying glass or a macro camera. Normally to my naked eyes, it looks perfectly fine. Perhaps the Tianma panel on lisa (NE) might be slightly improved over the Tianma panel on renoir (non-NE) after all.

Edit 2: Tianma panels do have a bit of black crush. Not sure if CSOT has it too.
    Ok,I can't take better pictures with Iphone 8.Tianma display is 30% brighter and colour calibration is different and more yellowish(in the reality they are not yellow as on those black and white theme dialer pictures but they are still slightly different).Both displays are crisp and clear and I'm sorry I don't have a better camera to take a picture of it.Here are the pics...
    Hi. I got Mi 11 Lite 5G from Vodafone in UK. Black colour. Display is absolute disaster. Clarity is like in cheap phone 7 years ago. Additionally this display uses 3.8 TIMES more mAh in auto brightness then IPS in my Redmi Note 8 Pro causing much faster battery drain. It was in 90 Hz but now I'm testing in 60 Hz and it will be approximately around double what RM8 Pro needs for display.

This is absolute joke Xiaomi. They sent reviewers good phones and scamming customers with cheap junk displays.

For that reason I can't see any other choice than return this phone. I was so excited because of lightweightness and there we go... I feel Xiaomi scammed me. This is nowhere premium or midrange display. This is cheapest of the cheapest AMOLED. RN8 Pro IPS feels like Lamborghini compared to that junk. Mi Lite 5G screen is so unclear it causes huge discomfort for my eyes.

Thanks for this thread.
    GOT HUAXING! YES!

FOURTH phone. Green Mint from Xiaomi UK. Difference is DAY AND NIGHT.

I consider this display clearer than Redmi Note 8 Pro while Tianma is clearly the worst performer. What an absolute joke. I wasn't convinced that difference is there but after displays side by side showed by one user I knew I couldn't go wrong with this last gamble.