• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Beacon inc UCA-BI60R Android box

Search This thread

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
I've got this box from my cable operator.
It has a pretty powerful Amlogic s905x3 processor but I'm not sure about the amount of RAM.
There is no reset button in the AV hole.
Is there a way to flash the box with a different firmware or at least run Coreelec?

IMG_20210707_091246.jpg IMG_20210707_091418.jpg

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
Well, this box has adb access enabled by default. Even root 😂 I was able to issue settings command which enabled me to access package installer to install button mapper and then assign home key. Then I added leanbackonfire launcher to bypass the default one. I installed the apps I needed and they work fine even though there are no Google play services.

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
I can if you tell me where to look for it. There is some kind of provider launcher app which starts the tuner and shows channels and enables tuning to them via dvb-c tuner. I saw the live TV app somewhere in the apps.

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
I used X-plore to copy apks. They seem to be fine.

Attachments

• Live TV Android cable box files.zip
    46.2 MB · Views: 51

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
If you are running firmware from February this year, adb access is open and you can log in as root. There have been some reports of firmware update that closes this hole but I haven't received it yet. Make sure your box is on to connect to it.

nenad_86

Oct 22, 2021
it works thanks will install leanbackonfire launcher, is there any custom roms for this board?

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
I suggest you install Wolf Launcher because it's lighter than leanbackonfire. The box is encrypted and there is no reset button. I tried to boot TWRP but it didn't work. The bootloader probably only installs signed zips.

Reactions: nenad_86

nenad_86

Oct 22, 2021
thanks for the advice.
is there anyway to stop it from updating firmware been searching trough services cant find it?

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
The don't use Updater I think because I started it manually and searched for updates but there were none. I think the update comes from the cable system. I think all your installed apps will be there even after update. You may just loose the ability to log into the box.

Reactions: nenad_86

dakiola

Apr 28, 2011
Is there a way to access the android at all, my operator doesn't let me do anything, it starts it's own app immediately by default and u don't have access to android at all.

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017

GlacialMan

Jun 24, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my device. I'm trying to install the wolf launcher and button mapper. My device got a firmware update that locked enabling USB debugging I haven't enabled it before the update. I have tried with ADB (over USB and WIFI) but without success. Over wifi, I can ping my device but I can't connect to it. The error is "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (10061)". The next solution which I have tried is creating a zip file with TWRP example which contains META-INFO and system folders. In the system folder, i added apk files for the wolf launcher and button mapper. I entered into RECOVERY mode and tried running update from USB but I have got the error "Signature Verification error (21)" Do you have a solution for installing a launcher on this device?

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
You could try enabling CEC on the box and then use your TV remote to access settings. From there you can go to apps and by using file browser or apk installer install the launcher from USB. Unfortunately, not all TV remotes can trigger settings menu on the box. My Hisense smart tv remote can't but some Samsung and LG can.

GlacialMan

Jun 24, 2017
You could try enabling CEC on the box and then use your TV remote to access settings. From there you can go to apps and by using file browser or apk installer install the launcher from USB. Unfortunately, not all TV remotes can trigger settings menu on the box. My Hisense smart tv remote can't but some Samsung and LG can.
so it can be done only on Smart TV?

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
Some people say that they can go into recovery by keeping the power button pressed and plugging in the power adapter. If you can get into recovery, I can send you the old fw with adb access to flash in recovery. Downgrading fw works fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I suggest you install Wolf Launcher because it's lighter than leanbackonfire. The box is encrypted and there is no reset button. I tried to boot TWRP but it didn't work. The bootloader probably only installs signed zips.
    The don't use Updater I think because I started it manually and searched for updates but there were none. I think the update comes from the cable system. I think all your installed apps will be there even after update. You may just loose the ability to log into the box.