• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Beats Audio XE & ICS

Search This thread

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
Johnny,
Can you please add rezound beat mod for RCmix 2.3 5 GB version please

Thank you

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using RCmix7.1 GB2.3.5

The libbeatsbass.so in the RCMix edition is the rezound one although it is the rezound GB .so file because the libs from ICS don't work in GB and vice versa :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

Kerosine

Jun 21, 2009
Zurrieq
www.alistairfarrugia.com
Not supported I guess...

Flashed this on my HyperNonSense ROM and it seems like I'm stuck on the Loading... page for HyperNonSense. Should I keep waiting or does this mean I have to re-flash the ROM?

Darn it... was hoping it would work lol

EDIT: Reflashed firmware, applied superwipe.zip and reinstalled ROM, and now it's working again, but of course no Beats for me. Not yet at least...sure there's something out there that I'm probably missing. I want Beats since I bought the XE, in part, to get Beats... hehe

Last edited:

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
As pointed out before it is NOT compatible with newer versions of ICS because i have not got the time to mod the newer version's until the end of march as I am currently very busy with my work at school and have a drama production to prepare for which is taking up nearly all of my spare time.
I will update it at some point but I can't do it yet so please use mudhi's Beats Mod as he has updated that :)

NickSaul

Jan 3, 2012
Buffalo, NY
www.NickSaulino.com
As pointed out before it is NOT compatible with newer versions of ICS because i have not got the time to mod the newer version's until the end of march as I am currently very busy with my work at school and have a drama production to prepare for which is taking up nearly all of my spare time.
I will update it at some point but I can't do it yet so please use mudhi's Beats Mod as he has updated that :)

Alright. Thank you for your quick response, and for your hard work.

Kerosine

Jun 21, 2009
Zurrieq
www.alistairfarrugia.com
Tried that one but I didn't really understand the process to flash it and I guess it didn't work. I'm a bit new to all this but I did get to a stage where I recovered my phone after flashing wrong firmware so I'm not an absolute noob hehe. I'll revist mudhi's post and see if I figure it out.

In the meantime I'm tempted to flash a different ROM again...this is addictive... Latest version (6.4) of ARHD.

Cooper 5150

Dec 25, 2011
linden
Will this work for CM9 Epic 4G ICS 4.0.3

Hello,

I flashed and have the files to my Samsung EPIC 4G with 4.0.3 (CM9) and i have the file, but cant figure out how to use and does not take effect when i play music. Does this work with CM9 or CM7.

Thanks for any help with this!

Coop -

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
Hello,

I flashed and have the files to my Samsung EPIC 4G with 4.0.3 (CM9) and i have the file, but cant figure out how to use and does not take effect when i play music. Does this work with CM9 or CM7.

Thanks for any help with this!

Coop -

1. This is for sensation not Samsung epic
2. Clearly only works on sense ROM's due to the sense framework and jar files, WONT WORK ON CM
3. Sound does not play because the libs are for sensation and so WILL break the Samsung sound due to different hardware.

Last edited:

malavi

Dec 12, 2008
so its there a fix for Beats wired audio (when you swich from speaker to wired or bluetooth, & viceversa beats are disable and you have to re-enable) its quite annoying, cuz i use my sensation as my car music player (bt) and I have to re-enable it every time ...

[FIXED] just install v4.7 (think 4.8 should work too) :D

PD: Using IC v5.1.1

Last edited:

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
so its there a fix for Beats wired audio (when you swich from speaker to wired or bluetooth, & viceversa beats are disable and you have to re-enable) its quite annoying, cuz i use my sensation as my car music player (bt) and I have to re-enable it every time ...

[FIXED] just install v4.7 (think 4.8 should work too) :D

PD: Using IC v5.1.1

Use mudhi's for now ;)

B-Man2005

Feb 1, 2009
Wildeshausen
cant download Beats Audio ICS v2.0
can someone reupload :(

and now i am confused ... which is the best beats mod..?

i want srs and beats ... srs with speakers and original beats sound for headphones !

Last edited:

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
cant download Beats Audio ICS v2.0
can someone reupload :(

and now i am confused ... which is the best beats mod..?

i want srs and beats ... srs with speakers and original beats sound for headphones !

Use mudhi's there is no point in me reuploading because it won't work in New ICS builds

waris93

May 14, 2011
Canberra Australia
Hi Jonny, Thanks for your work man :) I am using your rom V 6.0.0 and it's greatt, I just have a quick question I was using your beats V_5 zip on Gb roms before and it was amazingg after that I tried Mudhi's one but it doesn't have that sound which your "beats v5.zip" has Please tell me if there is any chance to get a sound like this on your rom, Or otherwise I will go back to GB roms :/ and also do I have to flash another firmware for Gb roms ? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is a beats audio mod but one which is a direct port from the sensation XE. Many XE owners have been complaining that the beats v4 and runnymede port by baadnwz don't sound as good as the actual XE beats and I am in agreement with this so I got the files from the xe ROM and put them in a flashable zip file.
    *******************************************************************************************************************************
    *******************************************************************************************************************************
    Beats Audio ICS - for Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM's ONLY

I had just started modding the HTCListen.apk of the ICS ROM's when i noticed that mudhi has already beaten me too it and so considering i dont have much spare time these days, i have decided to use his file as it is working well so all credits to mudhi for this one!

version 1: updated to ICS version and changed the Beast soundimage file to my prefered one (note: i cannot edit the libbeatsbass.so file because i dont have ROM source code so unfortunatly i havent been able to boost the bass), note - I take NO credits for the HTCListen.apk, srsfx_trumedia_51.cfg, srsfx_trumedia_movie.cfg and srsfx_trumedia_music.cfg music files as they are mudhi's modded ones so a big thank you to him :)

version 2: Added libbeatsbass.so from HTC Rezound ICS Leak for better base and also fixed the Beats Notifcation bug for non-xe user's (that is why the download is so big :D ) From now on, releases will be uploaded to my FTP Account (thanks to user zhenyu86 for providing me with it ;) )

Beats Audio XE - Note, this is for android 2.3.5 sense 3.5 ROM's

Update version 2: has fully working loudness and bass of the XE beats with the original Dolby, SRS, and EQ settings of the original sensation without the Bluetooth problems :)

Update for version 3: definatly fixed the camcorder issue this time, tested with leedroid supersensational 4.2.1 and amaze cam v8. Many thanks to shnizlon for some of the lib and bin files which I used from his mod as mine seemed to break the camcorder. :)

version 3.5: added several lib files from the rezound beats for more bass, thanks to V6 and an anonymous sender ;)

version 4: fixed the notification bug (thanks shnilzon) and added a louder beats config from the virtuous ROM

Version 5: I must have honestly done at least 100 reboots to try and get rid of some of the bugs and I hope I have done it though as I mentioned before, I cannot emulate the notification bug but hopefully this fixes it. Also added support for the RCmix ROMa and any other ROM that edits the services.jar file, the files for this are named RCmix Edition. Also replaced some files to give better sound quality, please guys let me know what you think ;)
    Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Updated to version 3.5 (added the bass libs from the rezound beats for more bass)
    Enjoy :)

Hi soz, gotten myself a bit confused, Im on S-o-M, do I use the rcmix version?
    cheers

Does that ROM include tweaks in the settings menu? if yes then use the RCMix Edition and if no just use the normal version
    flashed v5 on latest ARHD, the sound is awesome thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

but i notice R&B in equalizer setting, what is it actually?

As you can probably guess its the R&B equaliser, just some bug not displaying it properly. It works fine tho

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e
    added a zip file with the small widget and an Add CRT Animation patch to the first post :)