Beautiful Battery Percentage Status, but I couldn't find it!!

Search This thread

HARioV

Aug 24, 2008
I found in this ROM a beautiful battery status app where the percentage is located inside the battery, and it turns to red when the battery reach 10%

I searched a lot but didn't find any battery status app like this

if it wasn't available, is there anyway to ripping it from the ROM...??

attachment.php

Attachments

• BatteryStatus.png
    BatteryStatus.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 2,749
Last edited:

HARioV

Aug 24, 2008
the ROM that I mentioned doesn't have QuickMenu, and I think it's not an app.. just a hacking

I found someone talking about it
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=428095

it worked with him and he make a cab for it, but firstly the cab doesn't work and secondly he doesn't have any idea how it works ('cause he is not the author)....:(

any contribution to make it work???...

Last edited:

dwizard

May 7, 2007
Try the first link I gave.
You are right, it is not an application, rather it is a bitmap for the windows OS to use with a configuration file telling it where the image to show is per different battery levels.

dwizard

May 7, 2007
I am using Quick menu 2.7 and if you choose the battery type as analog only you will get this(except the percentage in the box)
:) but this, my friend, is exactly the point. This is what he is looking for, there are numerous battery status icons and styles, he is looking for one that presents the percentage within the battery icon:
I found in this ROM a beautiful battery status app where the percentage is located inside the battery, and it turns to red when the battery reach 10%

HARioV

Aug 24, 2008

thanks dwizard, that what I wanted except the one that I mentioned is more stylish

and this is a screenshot
attachment.php

I think the skin is bundled in the file phcanOverbmp.dll, so I'll flash my device with the previous rom to get the file and then copy it on another rom after installing the previous cab

UPDATE:

well, I couldn't copy the file from the rom, even with with Total Commander. Total Commander report that the file is in the rom

I think we can get the file by NeoKit, I can't work on it now 'cause I don't have .NET 3.5 (I can only download the offline version which size is 230 MB!!)

also in HKLM\security\ResOver\Bitmaps the value of BaseDll was n1958.dll but in this cab the value was phcanOverbmp.dll

Attachments

• BatteryStatus.png_2.png
    BatteryStatus.png_2.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 1,820
Last edited:

analyzer.x

Jul 19, 2008

I searched a lot but didn't find any battery status app like this

if it wasn't available, is there anyway to ripping it from the ROM...??

attachment.php

Hello,

I am still unable to get this to work !, I even cooked my own rom and changed the reg settings correctly and its still not changing WM6 default battery icon!

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SECURITY\ResOver\Bitmaps]
"BaseId"=dword:00000000
"BaseDll"="n1958.dll"
"BatteryIconIdStart"=dword:000003E9
"BatteryIconLevels"=dword:00000065

any ideas please?

thx

analyzer.x

Jul 19, 2008
try this...should be what you wanted

cheers

Thanks for help but still for some strange reason its not changing the default wm6.1 battery icon, I did hard reset and tested your cab and still no go !.

I read the registry in your cab file, I didn't have my clock showing, think it must be something silly, because here is what happened at one situation :-

I used CeRegEditor in one of my trial and error and I edited the reg value for the "BaseDll"="n1958.dll" manually to "BaseDll"="phcanOverbmp.dll" and it did work but when I did a soft reset it was back to the default WM6.1 battery icon and I couldn't get it to work again at all ! really strange.

I am still looking into it, if you have any other ideas please let me know.

thx

Last edited:

arefin

Aug 21, 2007
Dhaka
Thanks for help but still for some strange reason its not changing the default wm6.1 battery icon, I did hard reset and tested your cab and still no go !.

I read the registry in your cab file, I didn't have my clock showing, think it must be something silly, because here is what happened at one situation :-

I used CeRegEditor in one of my trial and error and I edited the reg value for the "BaseDll"="n1958.dll" manually to "BaseDll"="phcanOverbmp.dll" and it did work but when I did a soft reset it was back to the default WM6.1 battery icon and I couldn't get it to work again at all ! really strange.

I am still looking into it, if you have any other ideas please let me know.

thx

..well there are two versions- try the other in the attachment. You can also follow this thread

Attachments

• numbatteryQVGA.cab
    12 KB · Views: 203

HARioV

Aug 24, 2008
Finally....

I tested NumBattery on Prophet ShadoW 1.0 VE (WM6)

the original NumBattery.cab worked fine
QVGA version don't show percentage, it's just a solid battery gauge
and the modified NumBattery worked fine too.

Thanks for arefin who find the original battery gauge
and analyzer.x who modified it

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone