• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Beaware: DesireHD Compatible with exchange 2010?

Search This thread

iosub

Feb 16, 2006
Hi

I have been testing a DesireHD Rom Port to HD2.

I'm posting this just to let you know that if you have Exchange 2010 you may have a problem with DesireHD. (exchange 2007 with sp is ok)

The problem is:
I can sync, contacts, calendar, download emails, delete emails but I can't send emails or download attachment.
It does not show an error it just does not send the email or does not download the attach

This is happening with any Desire HD ROM port I have test .(no problem with regular desire Rom )
I have been search in Google and looks like the problem is that Exchange 2010 has a new ActiveSync protocol EAS 14 and the Desire HD Rom is using this new protocol. Normal desire uses EAS 12

I have found a fix for Iphone 4.0 that was having the same problem.

http://www.jimgoings.com/2010/08/fix-for-iphone-ios-4-and-exchange-2010-active-sync-issues/

Hope this is fixed on the real device..

Iosur

Attachments

• BlackListExchange2010.xml.txt
    2 KB · Views: 130
Last edited by a moderator:

wb9999

Mar 14, 2006
Received my Desire HD today. I use Exchange 2010 SP1, and can confirm that I cannot send emails or download attachments. If I change the settings to automatically download them or select to download them individually, it does not download - I get a "Network Error" message.

Also, if I link a contact to Facebook or Twitter then contacts stop synching with Exchange - I get a "Sync Protocol Error" message.

I'm very disappointed that HTC's "flagship" product does not work correctly with Exchange 2010.

Everything worked great with the Desire, but Desire HD is very problematic.

Last edited:

iosub

Feb 16, 2006
Received my Desire HD today. I use Exchange 2010 SP1, and can confirm that I cannot send emails or download attachments. If I change the settings to automatically download them or select to download them individually, it does not download - I get a "Network Error" message.

Also, if I link a contact to Facebook or Twitter then contacts stop synching with Exchange - I get a "Sync Protocol Error" message.

I'm very disappointed that HTC's "flagship" product does not work correctly with Exchange 2010.

Everything worked great with the Desire, but Desire HD is very problematic.

That is way a post this threat.. to bad they did not fix the issue..
Have you contact HTC support?

Iosu

iosub

Feb 16, 2006
Got mine today. It works perfectly with Exchange 2010 with our set up at least. Outside and inside the network.

Do you have more info about your setup?
Info Need it:
Do you have Exchange 2010 SP1?
Do you have a firewall? ISa Server or TMG?

Can you check if you are using EAS 14 or EAS 12? This info is on OWA /Options/All Options /Phone/ Select the Phone and Details.. Down in the page there is the info

Thanks!

wb9999

Mar 14, 2006
I've received a disappointingly generic response from HTC today, which really does not answer my issue. I've sent a reply today, so I will probably have to wait another 2 days for a response.

Response from HTC:

Thank you for contacting us

I am sorry that you have been experiencing problem with your handset

please make sure you followed the below steps;

Synchronizing with a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account
You can only add one Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account on your phone. You can sync with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) or later.
Press HOME > MENU, and then tap Settings > Accounts & sync.
Tap Add account > Exchange ActiveSync.
Enter the Exchange ActiveSync account details, and then tap Next.
Your corporate Exchange Server must support auto-detect for the phone to automatically set up the Exchange ActiveSync account. If your corporate Exchange Server does not support auto-detect, you will need to enter your Exchange Server settings after you tap Next. Ask your Exchange Server administrator for details.
4. Select the types of information you want to synchronize, and then tap Finish setup

Managing your accounts
Changing general sync settings
Select or clear the following:
Background data. If this is selected, applications can send and receive online account information even if you are not currently using them.
Auto-sync. If this is selected, applications can use the sync schedule defined in the account settings. If this is cleared, you will need to sync accounts manually

Changing account settings
You can change settings such as the sync frequency and the types of information synchronized, the kinds of notification you receive, and the way that account information is displayed.
Tap the account that you want to edit.
Edit the account settings.
Synchronizing an account manually
Tap the account that you want to sync.
Tap Sync now.

wb9999

Mar 14, 2006
I've had another reply from HTC. It is as useless as the first reply:

I am sorry that the service is taking more than one occurrence to resolve your problem We advise you to clear the email application from manage applications and restart your phone please Android 2.2 From the Home screen, press the Menu key. Tap Settings. Tap Applications. Tap Manage Applications. Tap All. Tap the application in question. (e-mail ) Tap Clear Data. In addition to this you can deleting and recreating the Exchange sync account on your phone please

I've always had HTC phones for the since Orange SPV in 2002(?). I've never had to contact HTC support before this week. If this is how bad HTC support is then I will never be buying another HTC phone. They've lost my support and custom now. Doesn't look like they will even accept there is an issue synching with Exchange 2010, so no chance of a fix anytime soon.

iosub

Feb 16, 2006
I've had another reply from HTC. It is as useless as the first reply:

I am sorry that the service is taking more than one occurrence to resolve your problem We advise you to clear the email application from manage applications and restart your phone please Android 2.2 From the Home screen, press the Menu key. Tap Settings. Tap Applications. Tap Manage Applications. Tap All. Tap the application in question. (e-mail ) Tap Clear Data. In addition to this you can deleting and recreating the Exchange sync account on your phone please

I've always had HTC phones for the since Orange SPV in 2002(?). I've never had to contact HTC support before this week. If this is how bad HTC support is then I will never be buying another HTC phone. They've lost my support and custom now. Doesn't look like they will even accept there is an issue synching with Exchange 2010, so no chance of a fix anytime soon.

I cant belive it!!!! what support is that???

I think XDA should post this problem on the First page.. on www.xda-developers.com
maybe then HTC will move to fix it..

Iosu

arielext

Oct 21, 2009
Helmond
arielext.selfip.org
got a reply
Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. In regards to your handset I can help you with that. I am sorry that you have been experiencing problem with your handset

Could you please provide us your handset software information and then your issue will be given to the escalation team immediately, and we will get back to you as soon as we receive information about your case

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number 10NLCW43ENAxxxxxx.

miggel

Jan 22, 2007
Amersfoort
Same problem here. Can't sync the Calendar from DHD to Exchange and can't send any emails.

I hope there will be a fix soon. Besides calling I practically only use the phone for email and calendar.

Does anybody have a example or general email which I can send to HTC about this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: