Been looking for the most stable rom [OP5T]

Adir2016

Mar 19, 2016
Hi, First of all I'm new to this forum, so i'm not fully known to the rules.
also, if this thread Q is not in the right place please don't go with the bananas on me ;) and move it to the right place. thank you.

I'm here because OnePlus stopped supporting my device and ruined it on the latest OxygenOS version.
I decided its the right time to install a custom rom on my OP5T,
What is the most stable Custom ROM available for OnePlus 5T for daily use? In terms of battery, performance, stability. I don't need anything else.
since the last time I installed a custom rom was more than 3 years ago, I would like to get some information too.
thank you

Oswald Boelcke

Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Staff member
Apr 13, 2016
Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA
en.wikipedia.org
...if this thread Q is not in the right place please don't go with the bananas on me ;) and move it to the right place. thank you.
@Adir2016 Your thread was indeed at the wrong location, and it was reported due to the fact that your thread didn't qualify for the development section. I suggest to review the Oneplus device forum rules and the XDA Forum Rules to avoid such issues in future. I've not only moved your thread to the Q&A section but also removed your second post. According to the last bullet of rule no. 5 of the XDA Forum Rules you can bump an unanswered question once every 24 hours but not within two.

I hope you'll find soon what you're looking for.

Stay safe and stay healthy!
Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Forum Moderator

Adir2016

Mar 19, 2016
@Adir2016 Your thread was indeed at the wrong location, and it was reported due to the fact that your thread didn't qualify for the development section. I suggest to review the Oneplus device forum rules and the XDA Forum Rules to avoid such issues in future. I've not only moved your thread to the Q&A section but also removed your second post. According to the last bullet of rule no. 5 of the XDA Forum Rules you can bump an unanswered question once every 24 hours but not within two.

I hope you'll find soon what you're looking for.

Stay safe and stay healthy!
Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Forum Moderator
thank you.
can you help me with my question about what stable custom roms available for my phone?

Reactions: Oswald Boelcke

Oswald Boelcke

Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Staff member
Apr 13, 2016
Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA
en.wikipedia.org
thank you.
can you help me with my question about what stable custom roms available for my phone?
Negative, I apologise. I don't own a Oneplus and never have. Just be patient for others to chime in. Please remember XDA is read all over the world, and the members who could assist might currently be sleeping.

Reactions: Adir2016

exofly

Jul 15, 2012
Hi, is it stable enough for daily usage? what battery time you get on daily basis? and is it a stable build or nightly? thank you
2 weeks since i install.
Absolutely stable, no crash or suddenly restart. Average battery time is 1 day and half (flight mode during the night) with 5h of screen (i usually play games for 1h more or less)

bussi1805

May 9, 2016
Official Lineage 17 is very stable and frequently updated. If you choose to install any Android 10 Rom you can't go wrong depending stability but keep in mind that some of them are or might be soon eol. Resurrection remix or crdroid 6 are very stable and still get regular updates. I recently tried crdroid 7.1 and MSM xtended (both Android 11) and stayed with crdroid. Both are very stable and can absolutely be used as daily drivers.

Adir2016

Mar 19, 2016
One factor of stability is the gapps package as well. Had some problems with opengapps under Android 11. Switched to nikgapps
Back in the day, about 3 years ago, I could not trust a single custom rom that would give me the "day to day" stability and I eventually I returned to the original rom.

bussi1805

May 9, 2016
I always did as well. The custom ROMs were ok but I always missed some things that made oxygen os special like the great gesture navigation for example. Back in that time we got regular updates tho. At least in open beta....

Adir2016

Mar 19, 2016
I always did as well. The custom ROMs were ok but I always missed some things that made oxygen os special like the great gesture navigation for example. Back in that time we got regular updates tho. At least in open beta....
Is there a stable build from lineageOS? or better roms you recommend that is stable.

lulli1

Dec 12, 2011
I do like to get some help
1. Try out Arrow OS. It's the most stable Android 11 Rom for now. Tested 5 or 6 diff. 11 Roms and this was my favourite.
I build OTA updater and nearly every day a new build.
2. If you like a really rich featured Rom, take Derfest. It's my favourite regarding features and stability. Nice and helpful people there in the community as well.

A question from my side...
I'm looking for a 11 Rom with working "Android Auto". Seems to be a problem finding one. Tested only Arrows in that case for now, but without success. Anybody with experience here?