• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Been trying for over a month and can't get root on LG Phoenix 5

Search This thread
May 29, 2021
So I've always had a rooted heavily moded android phone but the situation I find my self in all I'm probably going to have acsses to is a cheap LG Phoenix 5 LM-K300AM and very limited acsses to a PC. I could handle that if this phone was rooted. it is so loaded down with BS that the caches accumulated 1.5gb of junk every 2 to 3 hours and there a 1 to 2 second delay most of the time in registering my finger taps on the screen
I need this rooted desperately but I can't find real information about rooting it anywhere and when it comes to computer access I'm so limited I'll only get one shot so it's got to work the first time. I'm even willing l to throw money at this problem
Any ideas let me know

May 29, 2021
So I've always had a rooted heavily moded android phone but the situation I find my self in all I'm probably going to have acsses to is a cheap LG Phoenix 5 LM-K300AM and very limited acsses to a PC. I could handle that if this phone was rooted. it is so loaded down with BS that the caches accumulated 1.5gb of junk every 2 to 3 hours and there a 1 to 2 second delay most of the time in registering my finger taps on the screen
I need this rooted desperately but I can't find real information about rooting it anywhere and when it comes to computer access I'm so limited I'll only get one shot so it's got to work the first time. I'm even willing l to throw money at this problem
Any ideas let me know
OK so I think I get the idea behind magisk but I need my phones boot.Img file extracted and the phones bootloader will only unlock when the phone it self is unlocked. any ideas?

May 29, 2021
Nothing not even a "we don't help with prepaid phones" I get it's cheap but it is att's current top prepaid device. but it is also the first phone I've seen where the access to the bootloader is blocked by the network/carrier lock.

May 29, 2021
Nothing not even a "we don't help with prepaid phones" I get it's cheap but it is att's current top prepaid device. but it is also the first phone I've seen where the access to the bootloader is blocked by the network/carrier lock.so here

OK so I think I get the idea behind magisk but I need my phones boot.Img file extracted and the phones bootloader will only unlock when the phone it self is unlocked. any ideas?
So I had i weird thought the Phoenix 5 comes stock with an AT&T device unlock app and I managed to extract it now in the past I've messed around with an apk editor and and managed to remove ads and activate app that require payment. so is it possible to edit the device unlock app to ignore at&t's condition for unlocking and just do it. If anyone has some app modifying skills I could really use the help

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
Since Android 6 by default Toybox is part of any Android distribution. This Toybox release is restricted, means SU subcommand isn't supported. Hence all you have to do to get Android rooted is to replace pre-installed Toybox version by Toybox v0.8.5 what isn't restricted, will say contains SU support.

Reactions: Tacoma56

Tacoma56

Jun 25, 2021
Thanks jwoegerbauer!! Ok, I downloaded toybox-x86_64 from http://landley.net/toybox/downloads/binaries/0.8.5/

I found a method of installing the binary. >
adb push LOCAL_FILE /data/local/tmp/ # replace LOCAL_FILE with the file path of toybox/busybox binary in PC
adb shell
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/FILE # setting appropriate permission on pushed binary file. Replace FILE with the name of the binary you pushed in first step. Recommended is to use a single word as a name with all lower-case letters
box=/data/local/tmp/FILE # setting up a local variable for usage in next step. Replace FILE as appropriate
$box | $box sed 's/\ /\n/g'| $box sed '$d'| while read line; do $box ln -sf /data/local/tmp/FILE /data/local/tmp/$line; done # We're executing the binary referenced by $box to list all utilities, followed by creation of a list and then for each item in the list, we're creating a symlink in a directory.

I've successfully executed the first 3 commands above. Before I push the button and make symlinks I'd like to know if the binary I downloaded should work .

TIA

Sloogle_Flugelmann

Apr 8, 2009
Thanks jwoegerbauer!! Ok, I downloaded toybox-x86_64 from http://landley.net/toybox/downloads/binaries/0.8.5/

I found a method of installing the binary. >
adb push LOCAL_FILE /data/local/tmp/ # replace LOCAL_FILE with the file path of toybox/busybox binary in PC
adb shell
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/FILE # setting appropriate permission on pushed binary file. Replace FILE with the name of the binary you pushed in first step. Recommended is to use a single word as a name with all lower-case letters
box=/data/local/tmp/FILE # setting up a local variable for usage in next step. Replace FILE as appropriate
$box | $box sed 's/\ /\n/g'| $box sed '$d'| while read line; do $box ln -sf /data/local/tmp/FILE /data/local/tmp/$line; done # We're executing the binary referenced by $box to list all utilities, followed by creation of a list and then for each item in the list, we're creating a symlink in a directory.

I've successfully executed the first 3 commands above. Before I push the button and make symlinks I'd like to know if the binary I downloaded should work .

TIA
What did you do after this? I pushed all the commands and successfully got the older version of toybox installed but SuperSU says I don't have root.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since Android 6 by default Toybox is part of any Android distribution. This Toybox release is restricted, means SU subcommand isn't supported. Hence all you have to do to get Android rooted is to replace pre-installed Toybox version by Toybox v0.8.5 what isn't restricted, will say contains SU support.
    Worked great! I got root and removed carrier lock and all the bloat.