Beep'nGo alternative which utilizes Beaming Service for Samsung

Search This thread

bat0nas

Feb 23, 2009
Vilnius
Hi,

Beep'nGo is not supported anymore.
But it's not clear what app could be used instead which would be compatible with preinstalled Beaming Service for Samsung.

Samsung Pay is not available World Wide. App even can't run if installed from apk.

What about other popular Loyalty Card apps? Which apps use Beaming Service?

Thanks.

az_weaver

Sep 9, 2017
Beep'nGo still working

I think Beep'nGo was the best loyalty card app. I have a Galaxy Note 3 and even though the app was discontinued earlier this year it still works on my Note 3. I can still add cards locally to the app and the beaming still works. I have been trying to figure out the file structure so that I can preserve the functionality in case something happens to the phone. I have searched the folders and I can't find a mobeam, beepngo or derivative naming file structure. So the question is how does it work. Where are the install files. Any ideas?

pinkbellbird

Jun 6, 2014
the app is still working ,sort of.
if its already installed, it works fine.
But ive just got a Note 8 & unable to use the app so far. Im gutted & I love this app. It works great all the time o my other devices.
I just cant log in at since installing the app.
I get an error 'you are not connected to the internet'. Ive tried all sorts with no luck.

I also tried to find the data file for the app, I found the file for it named COM.MOBEAM.BEEPNGO, then theres a sub folder named CACHE, but thats empy!

Im at a loss how to log in and get this app working on my new phone. Its frustrating as its perfectly fine on my S7 Edge, but I need to give that phone to my partner soon.

someone here must know something on this surely?

Im not in USA so cant use samsung pay or those affiliated apps :(

Last edited:

mskilja

Apr 26, 2011
pinkbellbird, you can't logon becuse app is discontinued. Nowere to logon. No coud backup.

You can use it by adding new cards every time you reset to factory. Otherwise it's working.

I have Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and love that app, using it all the time. Also I use Titanium Backup for it and restore data every time I play with roms or reset to defaults.

Would like to know if there is alternative for this app that use beaming though.

Reactions: bat0nas

Manach

Apr 5, 2012
Samsung Pay is the only other app that I have read of that includes the beaming tech.

As I do not have a Samsung at present, I would be quite interested to know if something is available for phones, at large, that incorporates the beaming tech.

Ele66

Nov 15, 2017
Beep n go on S8

I had the same trouble with my new S8. Just install the app sending it via Bluetooth from old to new phone and then scan the cards directly with new phone from old phone as it was physical card. Then installing widget on new phone you will bypass the logon error.

anawim

May 29, 2013
Still no one found a way to export the cards stored into discontinued Beep n' Go app so they can EASILY be imported into other apps like... Samsung Pay?

jauhtc

Jul 17, 2008
Andorra
We find ourselves in the same position as you. The way I managed to solve the problem, now that I am one step away from making the change to a note 8 (from a note 3), it is to make a copy of the system and user data with the Note root and using the Titanium Backup, and the new phone will reload the Beep'N'Go program. With total reinstallations of Note 3 it has worked, I hope it also does note 8!

MisterKosmos

Jan 18, 2011
Steps to migrate BeepnGo including data from old to new phone

install ADB ( developer.android.com/studio/command-line/adb ) on your PC

Open cmd window in the folder where ADB is located

on old phone: enable USB debug option in developer options
connect old phone to PC ( watch for question popups on phone and answer them)
check if phone is visible to adb : adb devices
commands:

adb backup -apk com.mobeam.beepngo ( watch for question popups on phone and answer them, if your phone is encrypted it will ask for a password (use simple password like the letter 'a' . This command will create a file backup.ab in the current folder)

[the previous command should have backed up the apk as well. However on my phone this did not work so we need some more steps to copy the apk too:]
adb shell
pm list packages -f | grep mobeam
will show the path where the application is stored (in my case:
package:/data/app/com.mobeam.beepngo-2/base.apk=com.mobeam.beepngo )

copy the apk to a folder which is visible on PC:
cp /data/app/com.mobeam.beepngo-2/base.apk /storage/self.primary/Download/beepngo.apk
exit
(you are back at the normal cmd window prompt, don't close the window yet)

Now on PC open windows explorere, navigate to your phone devices Download folder and copy beepngo.apk to a folder on PC
Disconnect old phone

on new phone: enable USB debug option in developer options
Connect new phone (watch for question popups on phone and answer them)
Copy beepngo.apk to the Downloads folder of the new phone
On phone use file manager, navigate to Downloads folder and run the beepngo.apk to install beepngo

On PC go to the command window:
check if new phone is visible to adb : adb devices
adb restore backup.ab (this will restore the beepngo files, watch for popups on your phone and answer quesitons. if you had to enter a password for encryption, please enter the same password again )

Start beepngo and the data from previous phone is visible

Last edited:

jauhtc

Jul 17, 2008
Andorra
:laugh: :victory: :laugh: :victory: :laugh: :victory:

OH MY GOD!!! IT WORKS!!!!!
so I will not have to root the new note 8! Thank you very much! Really !!!!

:laugh: :victory: :laugh: :victory: :laugh: :victory:

commands:

adb backup -apk com.mobeam.beepngo ( watch for question popups on phone and answer them, if your phone is encrypted it will ask for a password (use simple password like the letter 'a' . This command will create a file backup.ab in the current folder)

[the previous command should have backed up the apk as well. However on my phone this did not work so we need some more steps to copy the apk too:]
adb shell

cp /data/app/com.mobeam.beepngo-2/base.apk /storage/self.primary/Download/beepngo.apk
exit

Now on PC open windows explorere, navigate to your phone devices Download folder and copy beepngo.apk to a folder on PC
Disconnect old phone

On phone use file manager, navigate to Downloads folder and run the beepngo.apk to install beepngo

adb restore backup.ab (this will restore the beepngo files, watch for popups on your phone and answer quesitons. if you had to enter a password for encryption, please enter the same password again )

bwil

Jul 12, 2018
Thank you MisterKosmos! Great help, works perfect. Looked complicated at first, but was really easy thanks to your great tutorial. 5 min work to get beep n go from my S8 to S9.

anawim

May 29, 2013
Do you think it would be possible to export the database to another format so to import into let's say Samsung Pay?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Steps to migrate BeepnGo including data from old to new phone

commands:

adb shell

exit

Disconnect old phone

pinkbellbird, you can't logon becuse app is discontinued. Nowere to logon. No coud backup.

You can use it by adding new cards every time you reset to factory. Otherwise it's working.

I have Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and love that app, using it all the time. Also I use Titanium Backup for it and restore data every time I play with roms or reset to defaults.

Would like to know if there is alternative for this app that use beaming though.