Bell Atrix Update 2.2.2 Firmware v37.23

Search This thread

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
I used the deox script to attempt to Restore my device

1) Menu.bat to root my device
2) Restored device to original Bell firmware (I was on French 2.1.1 with Greyblur et al)

Went through the motions, downloaded the firmware OK, wrote all the blocks correctly up to 13. Then it waited for the phone to restart but the phone didn't restart on its own. I gave it a little push, pressed the power button, and it reset and now the Motorola logo comes up and looks like it's booting, but I get a flashing red LED. It then after a few seconds resets itself and starts again.

Is there anything in this script that will allow me to save my device?

Already replied to via pm, but you just have to wait, 1-11 partitions are small, they get done quickly, 12 takes a while, 5 mins maybe, 13 is osh, it is 3 times larger than 12, it will take 15 mins likely, and so on until preinstall 17which is around the same as system.

Cheers!

Ratchet556

Mar 21, 2011
Already replied to via pm, but you just have to wait, 1-11 partitions are small, they get done quickly, 12 takes a while, 5 mins maybe, 13 is osh, it is 3 times larger than 12, it will take 15 mins likely, and so on until preinstall 17which is around the same as system.

Cheers!

If it told him to wait for a restart shouldn't it be good to go? That happened to me aswell with the flashing led I just booted into android recovery and wiped data/factory reset.

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
If it told him to wait for a restart shouldn't it be good to go? That happened to me aswell with the flashing led I just booted into android recovery and wiped data/factory reset.

Sure thing, flashing led just means you are on a reboot countdown, it's actually in logcat, "shutting down in 59 secs..", "shutting down in 58 sec..", that kind of thing. If you are there then you must be done already.

Cheers!

Bax5

Oct 8, 2010
I Know this is a bit off topic, but i'm trying to find out some information for a bell atrix. Do you guys have any roms you can suggest that will work on the bell atrix? every thing i see says, "Do not try on bell atrix" and i dont want to risk anything.

Will it work on this new updated version? I'm only familiar with installing custom roms on a Galaxy S, the Atrix seems to be a bit tougher to...

TareX

May 26, 2009
Halifax
Can I use this on a Bell Atrix OLYLA_U4_0.37.4?

There's a warning that this is "only for 1.4.2" and I can't see this number anywhere in my "about" section.... what should I do? I desperately need a deodex...

sservati

May 16, 2006
Windsor
After I installed the update some of my apps like weathereye doesn't display correctly, it won't take the whole screen like before! Do anybody else have same issue?

toughbax

Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am/was rooted and I was able to do the update. Just a bunch of fixes in it I guess. No major changes except for the faster upload. That's nice

You will have to re-root after installing it though. Gingerbreak works fine.
    Did the rooting method work on this? Can you verify if the WebTop without Dock MOD works on this?
    I took the Bell 37.23 update this morning.
    My root was gone (I had originally rooted using GladRoot 4.3) and there was no longer any /osh/sbin/frozenfish.

I re-rooted my 37.23 using Gingerbreak 1.20 and it worked perfectly.

EDIT: just ran Speedtest.net mobile in downtown Montreal (great reception quality) and got 5737 kbps down and 2335 kbps up :)
    I think it's time to move this thread to General. Or merge it with the half dozen other threads talking about the same thing.
    hey sorry can you explain a little bit more on how to do it,i've downloaded version 9 , am i supposed to put it on my phone or run the menu.bat on my computer?

You don't need to install anything on your phone. Just make sure you root it using the menu.bat and then once that is done go to full phone restore. It will then download what you need and run it automatically. Be patient though it takes a really long time. Stayed up till 12:30 in the morning waiting. If you need more of an explantion just PM me.