• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bell LG Optimus LTE Disable LTE?

Search This thread

kernelpan1c

Retired Ep1c Sysadmin
Jan 6, 2010
California
For those with a Bell Canada LG Optimus LTE, are you guys able to turn off/disable LTE on your phone through a setting or *#*#4636#*#*?

I'm trying to figure out a way to turn off LTE on the AT&T Nitro HD, which has the Network Mode setting blocked/removed.

Sharpshooterrr

Jul 3, 2011
Create a new APN and use it when you want to "switch off" lte:

Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names -> Menu (Add new APN)

Name: HSPA+ (can name it whatever you want)
APN: phone
Proxy: leave blank
Port: leave blank
Username: leave blank
Password: leave blank
Server: leave blank
Mmsc: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
Mms proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
Mms port: 80
Mcc: 310
Mnc: 410
Authentication type: none
APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri (no spaces)

Save.

It should save battery.

Please let me know if it works.

Reactions: atsim

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
It shouldn't be locked out. I thought so at first, but if you hit the menu button while viewing the "ATT PTA" APN it should let you add one. I've done exactly what was suggested and it works... all except picture messaging.

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA App

kernelpan1c

Retired Ep1c Sysadmin
Jan 6, 2010
California
It shouldn't be locked out. I thought so at first, but if you hit the menu button while viewing the "ATT PTA" APN it should let you add one. I've done exactly what was suggested and it works... all except picture messaging.

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA App

No, I wasn't asking about the APN. I'm aware of that trick.

I wanted to see if we can actually set our phones to WCDMA only or something like that. In most if not all previous Android phones I've owned, you can force the phone to 2G only, 3G preferred, 3G only, and so on using the *#*#4636#*#* menu. But in our case, AT&T/LG deliberately left out this option in the phone.

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
No, I wasn't asking about the APN. I'm aware of that trick.

I wanted to see if we can actually set our phones to WCDMA only or something like that. In most if not all previous Android phones I've owned, you can force the phone to 2G only, 3G preferred, 3G only, and so on using the *#*#4636#*#* menu. But in our case, AT&T/LG deliberately left out this option in the phone.

Oh I see. Man I would LOVE to have that feature.

dinan

Oct 28, 2008
Um I had a bell one and I remember just going into the settings there was a choice of WCDMA or WCDMA+LTE and I just picked WCDMA and I think it turned LTE off.

billeuze

Feb 1, 2012
Victoria
Um I had a bell one and I remember just going into the settings there was a choice of WCDMA or WCDMA+LTE and I just picked WCDMA and I think it turned LTE off.

Yes, with Bell Canada, Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode -> WCDMA only

If I choose "GSM/WCDMA Auto" it does not stick but reverts to "GSM/WCDMA/LTE Auto". But "WCDMA only" stays and everything works.

Now I will wait to see if the battery lasts longer. But as it was it lasts over 2 days of standby/light use (we don't have LTE serviceout here). As soon as I start using the display though the battery goes down quite fast - like in about 3 hours or less of continuous use.

atsim

Jan 16, 2010
belleville

Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names -> Menu (Add new APN)

Save.

It should save battery.

Thanks,Gonna try it when I get home,I'm in new Jersey and pretty much never get lte unless I'm on the roof at my job.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium

youngv408

Dec 7, 2010
looks like it's working thanks,hopefully it will help a bit with the battery drain

what aboit turning it on....since ive got my phone my phone never shows lte...att said.my plan and sim card are correct for lte... is there any setting in phone to make sure lte is on?????

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

what aboit turning it on....since ive got my phone my phone never shows lte...att said.my plan and sim card are correct for lte... is there any setting in phone to make sure lte is on?????

ohhyea also how are people pulling off 30+ down...onlte i cant even get past 15 with wifi??? is my phone messed upor what??? 80(

atsim

Jan 16, 2010
belleville
Idk lte works when in by Newark airport,that's the only spot so far that I've had it work for me yet and I didn't get close to 30

youngv408

Dec 7, 2010
Idk lte works when in by Newark airport,that's the only spot so far that I've had it work for me yet and I didn't get close to 30

well is there an option or setting...in the phone to verify that lte is on....
can you guys show me ur settings in mobile network...because my phone never shows lte and i am in an lte area and att says that if it says 4g on the top that im in lte but im pretty sure its suppost to say 4glte

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Save.

It should save battery.

The feature that you speak of is not on our phones as it is locked out. I can't change those settings.