Question Benefits of the Samsung 5300g modem over the Samsung 5123 modem?

Search This thread

Mississip

Sep 18, 2015
I had poor signal and stability with the Samsung 5123 modem in the Pixel 6, and the updates never solved my issues with mobile network standby using about 30% of battery charge. I anticipated significant improvement with the Samsung 5300g modem. I've only tested my sim briefly, finding signal strength is virtually the same. Does anyone know whether signal strength would be expected to be unchanged, and it is only the stability that is supposed to have improved?

Vio281

May 14, 2020
I had poor signal and stability with the Samsung 5123 modem in the Pixel 6, and the updates never solved my issues with mobile network standby using about 30% of battery charge. I anticipated significant improvement with the Samsung 5300g modem. I've only tested my sim briefly, finding signal strength is virtually the same. Does anyone know whether signal strength would be expected to be unchanged, and it is only the stability that is supposed to have improved?

no there is definitely an improvement...My data is much more stable now, in spot where it ussually lag, and 5G is much stronger, less drop to LTE.

Jan 24, 2016
Google Pixel 7
Definitely a change from my p6p, my p7 just works now, no signal drops and seems to be stronger, reliable now, I still have my p6p, so later I might run a few tests to check strength and speed