Ben's SuperD 1.8--"TwEaKeD"-by KNK (whoa)

Does the cpu hack really work?

• Yes!

Votes: 27 18.9%
  • No, it's a hoax.

Votes: 54 37.8%
  • I don't really know, but who cares....this rom is fast!

Votes: 62 43.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Klyentel

Aug 23, 2009
Cary, NC
bit.ly

first and foremost, if I've posted in the wrong place, I ask that a MOD kindly move it for me please...and you have my sincerest apology now, if its in the right place then disregard these words. Notice I said MOD, i don't need a bunch of people posting all the known comments like "this is in the wrong place" .."somebody ban this waste of space"..."learn how to read the forum rules"..."I'm tired of people posting here"...etc, etc. All that is not necessary, when a MOD can simply come right along and move it. If you insist on being a MOD "wanna be"..or a "tattle tell" (some refer to as snitch) Then just PM the CEO of XDA that Klyentel posted in the wrong place, who cares...as long as it gets corrected

EDIT:DDONT WORRY ABOUT YOUR SWAP PARTITIONS,COMPCACHE,3RD PARTY SWAP APPS, AND YOUR FANCY LITTLE USER CONFIG'S.....THEY WON'T WORK ON THIS ROM--AND YOU DON'T NEED EM-

I highly recommend anyone who hasn't played with the overclocking hack recently brought to everyones attention, credit and thanks to Eugene, or anyone who has tried it and didn't like it, to make their first time experience or redeem their failed experience with KnK's version of the super-d 1.8 rom, seriously, it will shut down any doubts in mind that the hack makes a difference, trust me.

(Some of you may or may have not already tried this, if so feel free to comment your experience, as it will give others a better idea what to expect, similar settings don't count, you can sit here & argue this forum a thousand pages long about how you already tried this and that...how you turned swap on and off got the same results....benchmarked this, benchmarked that....well Daproy said this and Shadowich said that....[those are just random names of high posting users by the way, I'm not pointing anyone out, by all means those are two well respected, knowledgeable senior members for those who don't know] but I will not engage into a paragraph after paragraph argument with you, nothing stands as a valid opinion until you flashed this rom, not your own tweaked version, with your own tweaked settings, THIS ROM>FOLLOWING THESE STEPS are the only valid comments that will be made redeemable to any type of response from me, period. If another random member wants to post back and forth with ya than fine, but I will continue to ignore irrelevance)

And it would be greatly appreciated if off topic, sarcastic humor, LOL buddy chat, and pointless picture posting be taken over to a PM for private conversation...as it has nothing to do with this thread

BY THE WAY THIS IS NOT MY ROM, I AM NOT A DEV. I'M A HAPPY SUPER D USER WHO STUMBLED ACROSS A PIECE OF GREATNESS AND DECIDED TO SHARE. IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS, ISSUES, CONCERNS, OR QUESTIONS...I SUGGEST YOU CONTACT THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS TWEAKED VERSION OF SUPER D, HERE IS HIS INFO-- [email protected], XDA MEMBER NAME-KNK, TWITTER-DIGITALKNK
THANK YOU

Backup what ya got, Do a clean full wipe, download this zip:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3J6RP7GN

extract it to ya pc, grab the setcpu.txt file and the setcpu apk- he forgot to put it back in the rom, so you will need this unless you have a copy of the apk on your sdcard already, place it on the root of ya sd,
transfer the KnK's custom Super D rom to your sdcard,
boot into recovery and flash,
after it fully loads, don't do anything, reboot again,
when it loads back up, go to your setcpu app and choose Custom settings
tweak your high/min the way ya want, I recommend 628/245
after setting it, reboot again,
when it loads back up, you will be completely amazed, I promise you.

Whats special about his version? Theres no swap/compcache, a few system apps are removed (so if you like the stock email, calculator, IM and all that, you'll have to port it back yourself)
Maps Nexus Multi-Touch enhancement already applied, cpu hack boot img already compiled and packaged
and probably more but IDK, maybe he tweaked the kernel or something, needless to say this is still Super D-1.8, and you all know how great that is anyway, credit due to the Dev-Ben Buchacher
but truth be told this is the fastest I've seen guys, really, It defeats the purpose of swap and compcache
just try it on ya spare time, and if ya follow the steps above I promise you wont be disappointed

I welcome all your opinions, negative, positive, flame me, blame me, hate me and be angry, I don't care....this is worth my time to post for others to try because my experience was that good, call it crazy, "placebo", imaginative, whatever....bet ya can't call me a lie:D flash and you'll see why.

Last edited:

Klyentel

Aug 23, 2009
Cary, NC
bit.ly
The different fonts and colors hurt my eyes. I'll download it though...

And someone had to say something negative:

"The rom cooker app isn't even out yet and it's already happening."

That should rid the negative for a few posts

LOL, agreed, but I'm not and will not be one of the "Rom Cooking" posters, this is someone elses.

chilln73

Jul 8, 2009
I installed setCPU, but I'm not getting the option to increase the clockspeed beyond 528 ...

Where exactly do I copy the setcpu.txt file to get the additional clock rates?

Do I choose a different hardware platform (g1, magic, nexus, etc.) for the setCPU app?

Klyentel

Aug 23, 2009
Cary, NC
bit.ly
I installed setCPU, but I'm not getting the option to increase the clockspeed beyond 528 ...

Where exactly do I copy the setcpu.txt file to get the additional clock rates?

Do I choose a different hardware platform (g1, magic, nexus, etc.) for the setCPU app?

put the file on the root of your sd---meaning just drop it on the card, not inside a folder

you will not choose a handset- such as g1, magic,nexus,etc...
you will choose the very last option which is Custom settings

please do not forget two reboots are required!! Follow all steps carefully.

Klyentel

Aug 23, 2009
Cary, NC
bit.ly
I spent some time with the ROM and I wasn't noticing a huge difference in performance... Went back to Super D.

please do tell in detail....did you reboot after first flash? and again after setting overclock? How long did you play? Were there any decreases in performance? Such as lags, freeze ups? what did you clock? high/min?

People, dont get carried away, you cant just flash, boot up, spin clock speed up to highest your heart feels, then turn off and nandroid back to your old set-up, you have to do the steps above exactly as stated, and if you did indeed do so...i want to know more about what your experience and clock tweaks were, because one minor adjustment can make a difference.

bigdbag

Oct 5, 2009
I spent some time with the ROM and I wasn't noticing a huge difference in performance... Went back to Super D.

Couldn't really tell either. I replaced Home++ with Advanced Launcher to make a better judgement, but as far as I can tell it's just the typical Super D speeds... which is of course, amazingly fast.

Tried at your rec setting of 628.

Klyentel

Aug 23, 2009
Cary, NC
bit.ly
Couldn't really tell either. I replaced Home++ with Advanced Launcher to make a better judgement, but as far as I can tell it's just the typical Super D speeds... which is of course, amazingly fast.

Tried at your rec setting of 628.

cool, :cool:
alright thanks for the input!

Here's an idea, if you're up for it...wipe and go back to the stock super D 1.8 with no cpu hack, and see if the speed feels the same....it'll be fast, cus like you said super d is fast, but I can almost guarantee it wont be the same

KNK

Apr 26, 2006
Irvine, California, USA
Umm wow ... I didn't think Klyentel would have made a post about this hahaha. In any case thanks :D .

I don't run it at 780 in fact My max is 580mhz since overclocking it to anything above that is a battery eater and doesn't jump much in performance.

Be sure to use profiles on setcpu that is the most useful feature on there.

I have these settings.

Charging
- 780max
- 384min
Sleep/Standby
- 245max
- 128min
Power < 90%
- 580max
- 245min
Battery Temp > 37.9
- 245max
- 245min

I have the profile set @ 780 when charging because I have the failsafe enabled which drops the cpu down if the battery is to heat up. So that's the only time I have it enabled at 780mhz.

Well I hope you enjoy the rom I didn't do much but just tweak it a bit like Klyentel said Ben did most of the work with SuperD which is an awesome rom all I did was tweak it to my liking :D

S

shadowch31

For those not seeing a difference you won't really at standard tasks, I have setcpu to on demand on the normal Super D 1.8 and set at 384 or 528 max you see no real difference... that is until you start multi tasking. Having 10 browsers windows open, snes emulator, last fm and documents to go the speed increase is greatly noticed as its at its heaviest usage that the cpu finally decideds to crank up due to workload.

If your gonna test then do so properly rather than a quick look and deciding nothing has changed. Gonna flash this myself later and do some proper more constructive testing and report back.