Bent after two days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

macked

Apr 12, 2011
Springfield MA
Yup, two days with my brand new phone and the thin aluminum strips above both buttons are bent outwards. The phone itself doesn't appear bent but I'll double check when I get home.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with the case I'm using (official Google nexus case) which seems awfully tight and might pull on the case when I'm pressing the buttons.

This doesn't bode well for the quality of the aluminum used.

Update 11/6: I contacted Google customer support. They were very nice and I got the RMA for the phone and the case. The woman seemed to think it was a manufacturing defect for this phone and/or this case only.

I am going to hang back a bit and see how the whole thing shakes out. If this doesn't turn out to be a chronic issue, I will definitely re-purchase a Nexus 6p.

Attachments

• 1446770290116.jpg
    1446770290116.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 52,306
  • IMG_20151106_065919433_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20151106_065919433_HDR.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 45,978
Last edited:

ern88

yup, I would for sure. Hope when I get my phone. The Speck Candyshell case works a lot better!!!

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Yup, two days with my brand new phone and the thin aluminum strips above both buttons are bent outwards. The phone itself doesn't appear bent but I'll double check when I get home.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with the case I'm using (official Google nexus case) which seems awfully tight and might pull on the case when I'm pressing the buttons.

Did both sides do this?

jal3223

Mar 14, 2009
Google Pixel XL
Samsung Galaxy S8+

Are you sure that it didn't come that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    People need to relax a little and take a step back.

If you have a unit with defects, you have a unit with defects. That much is true. Get a replacement or a refund.

Everything else is baseless speculation.

I have worked in a phone store which sells all networks and all phones in the country. EVERY SINGLE TIME there is a new release of a major phone (yes iPhone included, if you have to ask), there will be returns because of dud units. There will also be complaints that the quality has gone down. My favourite was the scratched anodizing on the iPhone 5. People lost their mind.

The truth is, it's statistics. Quality control says you are allowed N duds per X units. Until you know N and X, or hundreds more people have the same problem (anecdotal but more relevant) then you are really just being alarmist or sensationalistic worse than the media.

If you have a dud, be annoyed. Be vexed. That's fine. But try to keep it in context and not give advice based on a small number of units. In science you call that "being the media."
    Thread closed permanently
    This thread has runs it course and offers no value barring endless drama.

- XDA Staff
    No but I'm not gonna find out if it does.. this is just getting ridiculous, I was gonna keep it until I saw this thread and also the one where the guys graphite paint was already coming off... I'm not gonna drop 700 bucks on a phone that wont even last a year

oh the drama lol
    Looks like you were careless and slapped it around... nothing to see here, move along.
    So many people freaking out about everything. One phone was bent. Out of how many? Some people's kids...