• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

atvxda

Apr 3, 2008
Boston
My top two recommendations;
1) S pen - Great for note taking and sketching.
2) Leather flip case - Great, premium feel and can double as a kickstand. Has a magnetic clip to keep the front flap secured to your phone.

Reactions: hemstheworthy

hemstheworthy

Apr 21, 2021
I'm Looking for some of the best accessories for Samsung Z fold3!
Must-have accessories
  • Samsung wireless charger trio 9W or Anker charger 25W
  • S pen or Spen pro
  • screen protector - Gadgetshieldz
  • full case - Spigen or official Samsung flip case with S pen holder
  • galaxy buds 2
  • galaxy watch 4
  • Anker or RAV Power bank (10000-20000) w capacity
Optional
  • Galaxy smart tag+
  • Screen cleaner or Samsung official UV sanitizer
  • Samsung smart keyboard trio 500
  • Ring holder(classic look)

Best of my choice.

Reactions: atvxda

atvxda

Apr 3, 2008
Boston
Must-have accessories
  • S pen or Spen pro
  • galaxy buds 2
  • galaxy watch 4
Optional
  • Galaxy smart tag+

Best of my choice.
I own the s pen case and would steer people away from it. It has a very cheap feel (compared to the leather flip or aramid case) and is very clunky in practice. Great in theory, bad in practice. Although, you can take the entire s pen holder off the entire case and the case itself will sit a little more flat/flush on the table/surface you are working on. I actually just took the entire S pen section off of the case and carry it separately.

Must-have accessories
  • S pen or Spen pro
  • galaxy buds 2
  • galaxy watch 4
Optional
  • Galaxy smart tag+

Best of my choice.
This is how I expected, will Planned to get screen protector, Galaxy watch & powerbank

I own the s pen case and would steer people away from it. It has a very cheap feel (compared to the leather flip or aramid case) and is very clunky in practice. Great in theory, bad in practice. Although, you can take the entire s pen holder off the entire case and the case itself will sit a little more flat/flush on the table/surface you are working on. I actually just took the entire S pen section off of the case and carry it separately.
The only reson i use S pen case is to carry my S pen with the phone where ever I go. caz I'm worried I'll miss the S pen if I keep it separate.

hemstheworthy

Apr 21, 2021
I seen people comfortable using s pen case with good impression. So I addded the case with the list

Sounds good. I really dislike mine and feel it could have implemented better. To me, it's not worth the price tag.
Yea the flip case is awful. I honestly cant believe it ever made it to production. Ive owned a dozen Samsung phones and tablets and have the official samsung cases for all of them for some devices i have multiple oem designed cases and this fold3 case is by far the worst of them all. Its very awkward, adds a ton of bulk, is unatractive and has a front cover thats only purpose is to keep your front screen from getting scratched in your pocket. which is ok, but how about at least engineering it to be a kickstand as well like nearly every other case theyve designed with a front cover?... or how about making an s view window so i dont have to open it to see the outer screen? Or putting some lcds in there to show the time and notifications? Its $80 afterall. How about a little magnet to keep it from flopping all over the place?
It comes with the $50 fold edition spen. That's the only justification for its steep pricetag. But Its almost as if Samsung said for $30 extra that the case cost you will not receive any kind of intellectual property. The best part of the cases design is that the spen holder portion is detachable allowing you to keep the case at home in a drawer.
Admittingly i dont like cases too much these days. I used to purchase them the day i bought the device all the time and always from the oem. Then i started to feel lime the engineering behind the phones are designed to not use a case. And devices to look and feel much nicer without cases imo. I know there sre some nice sleek cases iut there cuz i own some but whenever i think about a case i picture a soccer mom busting out a neoen pink case that has a cover with all her credit cards lining the inside...and i dont want to be associated with that.
So i started buying skins because despite the sleek feel of phones most of my drops were due to how slippery an all glass square device is. Id set it down only to hear a crash 30 seconds later because it was slowly sliding of the arm of my couch or the keyboard of my pc, ect...and those were great. Honestly with gorilla glass and a nice 3mm skin you get a fair bit of drop protection. The skin help prevent already tempered glass from stress cracks due to weight or impact. Obviously its going to be less protection than pretty much any kind of case but its usually enough protection for a relatively careful user imo.
But i have gone back to cases with tablets and now even these larger phones mostly out of the desire to have a kickstand for it. Thats something a skin cant do. And though i have stands on my desk and night stand and a dock in my car i still often in need of a place to set my device where i can watch it without holding it. And this POS case doesnt offer that. Its really a terribly designed case that Samsung should be ashamed of.

Reactions: atvxda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I seen people comfortable using s pen case with good impression. So I addded the case with the list
    Sounds good. I really dislike mine and feel it could have implemented better. To me, it's not worth the price tag.
    My top two recommendations;
    1) S pen - Great for note taking and sketching.
    2) Leather flip case - Great, premium feel and can double as a kickstand. Has a magnetic clip to keep the front flap secured to your phone.
    Must-have accessories
    • S pen or Spen pro
    • galaxy buds 2
    • galaxy watch 4
    Optional
    • Galaxy smart tag+

Best of my choice.
    Samsung wireless charger convertible.
    Samsung 35W Duo charger.
    Samsung Aramid case.
    Samsung SmartTag+
    Baseus 100W PD cable that shows wattage (LED display on cable).