• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Best Advice on preserving battery health on Rog Phone 2?

Search This thread

jajabinx35

Aug 24, 2011
Hi All,

So I've had the Rog Phone 2 since it's release in the UK. To be honest, I'm not planning to upgrade for another 2-3 years as it runs everything I want (mainly with emulation).

Now unlike iPhones or Samsung product, there is NO WAY to arrange a battery replacement officially. So what I'm looking for is advice on how to preserve the battery health so I am not forced to upgrade. For me, the worst time is when I have to charge the phone twice a day (so far the battery seems to hold up for me).

So just wanted to check if anyone shares the same feeling as me? I use Asus's 'Battery Care' option which charges the phone from 0-80 percent up until the 'end time' you set where it will charge the last 20 percent so that it doesn't stay on 100% for too long. Hopefully this will extend the health as much as it can. But does anyone else have anymore advice to help preserve the battery health? (gosh, I miss those days where I could change the battery of the phone easily)...

airjoe

Dec 12, 2008
Hong Kong
Sony Xperia 5 II
Hi All,

So I've had the Rog Phone 2 since it's release in the UK. To be honest, I'm not planning to upgrade for another 2-3 years as it runs everything I want (mainly with emulation).

Now unlike iPhones or Samsung product, there is NO WAY to arrange a battery replacement officially. So what I'm looking for is advice on how to preserve the battery health so I am not forced to upgrade. For me, the worst time is when I have to charge the phone twice a day (so far the battery seems to hold up for me).

So just wanted to check if anyone shares the same feeling as me? I use Asus's 'Battery Care' option which charges the phone from 0-80 percent up until the 'end time' you set where it will charge the last 20 percent so that it doesn't stay on 100% for too long. Hopefully this will extend the health as much as it can. But does anyone else have anymore advice to help preserve the battery health? (gosh, I miss those days where I could change the battery of the phone easily)...
For my practice, I usually charge my ROG2 from 30% to 80-85%. I use electrical timer which I set 2 hours at night when I am sleeping. The power output is 12W (5V 2.4A). When I get up I usually have 75-85% battery level depends on 25-35% when I go to sleep.

Since it only charge up to 80% when I get up and I play games as well, therefore I need to charge it at about 4pm. At that time I will use stock ASUS charger which provide 30W output.

I also use Tasker to set battery level Alert. So most of time I won't charge to 100%.

Reactions: jajabinx35

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

For my practice, I usually charge my ROG2 from 30% to 80-85%. I use electrical timer which I set 2 hours at night when I am sleeping. The power output is 12W (5V 2.4A). When I get up I usually have 75-85% battery level depends on 25-35% when I go to sleep.

Since it only charge up to 80% when I get up and I play games as well, therefore I need to charge it at about 4pm. At that time I will use stock ASUS charger which provide 30W output.

I also use Tasker to set battery level Alert. So most of time I won't charge to 100%.