Best Advice on preserving battery health on Rog Phone 2?

Search This thread

jajabinx35

Aug 24, 2011
Hi All,

So I've had the Rog Phone 2 since it's release in the UK. To be honest, I'm not planning to upgrade for another 2-3 years as it runs everything I want (mainly with emulation).

Now unlike iPhones or Samsung product, there is NO WAY to arrange a battery replacement officially. So what I'm looking for is advice on how to preserve the battery health so I am not forced to upgrade. For me, the worst time is when I have to charge the phone twice a day (so far the battery seems to hold up for me).

So just wanted to check if anyone shares the same feeling as me? I use Asus's 'Battery Care' option which charges the phone from 0-80 percent up until the 'end time' you set where it will charge the last 20 percent so that it doesn't stay on 100% for too long. Hopefully this will extend the health as much as it can. But does anyone else have anymore advice to help preserve the battery health? (gosh, I miss those days where I could change the battery of the phone easily)...

airjoe

Dec 12, 2008
Hong Kong
Sony Xperia 5 II
Hi All,

So I've had the Rog Phone 2 since it's release in the UK. To be honest, I'm not planning to upgrade for another 2-3 years as it runs everything I want (mainly with emulation).

Now unlike iPhones or Samsung product, there is NO WAY to arrange a battery replacement officially. So what I'm looking for is advice on how to preserve the battery health so I am not forced to upgrade. For me, the worst time is when I have to charge the phone twice a day (so far the battery seems to hold up for me).

So just wanted to check if anyone shares the same feeling as me? I use Asus's 'Battery Care' option which charges the phone from 0-80 percent up until the 'end time' you set where it will charge the last 20 percent so that it doesn't stay on 100% for too long. Hopefully this will extend the health as much as it can. But does anyone else have anymore advice to help preserve the battery health? (gosh, I miss those days where I could change the battery of the phone easily)...
For my practice, I usually charge my ROG2 from 30% to 80-85%. I use electrical timer which I set 2 hours at night when I am sleeping. The power output is 12W (5V 2.4A). When I get up I usually have 75-85% battery level depends on 25-35% when I go to sleep.

Since it only charge up to 80% when I get up and I play games as well, therefore I need to charge it at about 4pm. At that time I will use stock ASUS charger which provide 30W output.

I also use Tasker to set battery level Alert. So most of time I won't charge to 100%.

Reactions: jajabinx35

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

For my practice, I usually charge my ROG2 from 30% to 80-85%. I use electrical timer which I set 2 hours at night when I am sleeping. The power output is 12W (5V 2.4A). When I get up I usually have 75-85% battery level depends on 25-35% when I go to sleep.

Since it only charge up to 80% when I get up and I play games as well, therefore I need to charge it at about 4pm. At that time I will use stock ASUS charger which provide 30W output.

I also use Tasker to set battery level Alert. So most of time I won't charge to 100%.