• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Best AnitTheft App

Search This thread

boyz211

Dec 14, 2013
Hey guys ,
Recently one of my friend lost his Samsung Note 3.. After that I felt like there should be some kind of app that can help us to retrive device.
I used to used DanDum/Theftie kind of apps.
Some kind of features I think an antitheft/mobile tracker should have are.
1. cannot delete this software even if u update ur rom/factory reset our device or any kind of reset shouldnt reset our device.
2. track exact location of device.
3. remote control of my device.
4. track device even after chaning the sim card.
5. remote data on , GPS , call option.
Please guys give your suggestions

akash3656

May 3, 2010
Hey guys ,
Recently one of my friend lost his Samsung Note 3.. After that I felt like there should be some kind of app that can help us to retrive device.
1. cannot delete this software even if u update ur rom/factory reset our device or any kind of reset shouldnt reset our device.

I think only the iPhone can survive number 1 (surviving across factory reset). A simple fastboot flash of factory images will remove almost all anti theft apps on Android.

Knowing that you can't achieve number 1, that said you can have a look at Cerberus. It satisfies most of your criteria. I haven't used it in a while so there might be some bugs on LP.

Android Device Manager works too but it does not come with the features you want.

aimcr7

Jun 14, 2010
Yogyakarta
Hey guys ,

Try cerberus, it can be installed in system app if you have root, and I am pretty sure it will survive factory reset.
It can track your phone location even its history.
It can notify you if the sim card is changing and not what you've listed, it can use your front facing camera to capture the thief image, etc.
Got it for free when cerberus celebrate its birthday, so far it does pretty decent job.
Even one day I forgot to list my new sim card and the phone ringing at full volume, snap my face, and sending it to my mom's number and my email lol
And one more thing, it will tell you the new simcard number, so you can call it right away