Best Balanced Equalizer Setting for Poweramp

Search This thread

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Could you actually post the values you used

Somewhat pointless.
The reason you use an equalizer is to dail in the sound for your own unique requirements.
Poweramp has a couple preset profiles; I never use any of them. These not "wrong" but not ideal for me or my set up. The sound profile I generated by hearing testing sounded like crap too. It did provide useful information though.

Reasons for using an equalizer*:
•Your hearing profile + your preferences to how you think music should sound.
•The equipment; to compensate for an uneven response especially in the drivers but also codec induced aberrations.
•The music. I have 9 profiles to try to best capture the unique differences in the recordings short falls and strengths.

Generally you don't want extreme differences in adjacent sliders but a linear curve. Slider settings effect other ones even a couple sliders away. Extreme one slider settings can really distort the sound profile.

Start with a flat line curve. If you need more bass create a smooth curve line and go from there.
Play with each slider listening to the same segment of music to learn how it effects the sound.
Just because it sounds perfect for that one segment it may not be good for the rest of that piece. Listen to another critical segment and play with it some more if it needs it.
It's up to you what's important to hear and what sounds best.
It's time consuming to dail these in. Short cuts fall predictably short. However a good profile will work well with most music. Since Poweramp allows to set any profile to a song, playlist or album you can go hog wild if you want**. I do it as I go.

Generally one setting is good for the whole album if the sound engineer was any good. I use some of the Doors albums a lot as the sound mixing is generally very good. I use some **** Dale tracks (The Who My Generation as well) to see how fat/well defined the bass line sounds. After about a week I created about a 16 EQ profiles of which 9 I'm using.
I'm still fine tuning it... as should you if you want it to sound as good as it can, to you.

*this assumes your using it for Buds or headphones not a free standing driver(s) in a room. That's far more complicated with more variables due to room acoustics.

**remember to back up your settings and export them to the SD card or you'll have to start from scratch after a reload!!!

Last edited:
Somewhat pointless.
The reason you use an equalizer is to dail in the sound for your own unique requirements.
Poweramp has a couple preset profiles; I never use any of them. These not "wrong" but not ideal for me or my set up. The sound profile I generated by hearing testing sounded like crap too. It did provide useful information though.

Reasons for using an equalizer*:
•Your hearing profile + your preferences to how you think music should sound.
•The equipment; to compensate for an uneven response especially in the drivers but also codec induced aberrations.
•The music. I have 9 profiles to try to best capture the unique differences in the recordings short falls and strengths.

Generally you don't want extreme differences in adjacent sliders but a linear curve. Slider settings effect other ones even a couple sliders away. Extreme one slider settings can really distort the sound profile.

Start with a flat line curve. If you need more bass create a smooth curve line and go from there.
Play with each slider listening to the same segment of music to learn how it effects the sound.
Just because it sounds perfect for that one segment it may not be good for the rest of that piece. Listen to another critical segment and play with it some more if it needs it.
It's up to you what's important to hear and what sounds best.
It's time consuming to dail these in. Short cuts fall predictably short. However a good profile will work well with most music. Since Poweramp allows to set any profile to a song, playlist or album you can go hog wild if you want**. I do it as I go.

Generally one setting is good for the whole album if the sound engineer was any good. I use some of the Doors albums a lot as the sound mixing is generally very good. I use some **** Dale tracks (The Who My Generation as well) to see how fat/well defined the bass line sounds. After about a week I created about a 16 EQ profiles of which 9 I'm using.
I'm still fine tuning it... as should you if you want it to sound as good as it can, to you.

*this assumes your using it for Buds or headphones not a free standing driver(s) in a room. That's far more complicated with more variables due to room acoustics.

**remember to back up your settings and export them to the SD card or you'll have to start from scratch after a reload!!!
It's not pointless if I asked for it...I have done my own for a couple years. Thanks though for sending me the values I asked for from another person

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

TheGreekDude

Dec 25, 2020
Kinda 6 years old on this thread, but id like to share the preset that suits me most with most songs, and with both speakers and headphones i have, (feel free to try out the preset in the screenshot, preamp -1.8 to 0, never above, and tone off)

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20201225-231350_Poweramp.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201225-231350_Poweramp.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 1,984
Reactions: METALWORKS™

Clark3419

Dec 29, 2017
Nailed it bro! I've been trying out different EQ settings and Audio Settings in the Poweramp App for years to no avail. I stumbled upon your post by way of embedded link in an article about the latest Poweramp App Updates, and bazinga.......eargasm!!! How on earth has this been public knowledge for 7 years without me stumbling across it until now? Thank you a thousand times over!

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Could you just share the preset file? I don't understand or see the equalizer values from your skin screenshot

Welcome to XDA🤗

READ. Each user's hearing as well as their preferences are unique as is the audio devices in use. If it's open air listening than the room or space acoustics heavily come into play.
One profile doesn't fit all!
Audio acoustics has a very steep learning curve and the more you understand the better the results.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Equalizer Setting for Poweramp

Here's is best equalizer setting for Poweramp which is well equalized which solves out common problems like "when listening to music the sound aren't clear enough.Or the bass is not so pumping.The voice of artist mixes out with background beats". So just copy the following setting to solve the problems.

Hope you enjoy music.Press thanks if you find it a good one.:D ;)

Here's is best equalizer setting for Poweramp which is well equalized which solves out common problems like "when listening to music the sound aren't clear enough.Or the bass is not so pumping.The voice of artist mixes out with background beats". So just copy the following setting to solve the problems.

I CO-SIGN the **** out of these settings.

I've been playing around with my Poweramp presets for a while trying to find the PERFECT setting for the music in my car. Nothing seemed to work right until I stumbled upon this.

It's perfect to me because it brings a crisp sound to any file quality from low to high and that's huge for me because I'm not into PANDORA, SPOTIFY or the countless other music streaming services. I just put music on my phone and SD card and hit shuffle when I'm driving.

This PRESET is so dope I'm gonna be mad when an update for my ROM releases. Had to save the screen shots so I have it forever lol.
    EQ is purely subjective - depending on the wild variational quality of speakers, headphones, earphones.. And the quality of the audio. And whether your ears are bunged up with wax.
    That's the reason I called it balanced....:)
    Oh my God!!!! This is marvelous..!!! Thanks a lot. :good:

Any idea, how can we normalize volume in Poweramp? Some songs have very low volume while some others have very high. I want all of them playing at the same volume level.

I have an extra app installed called Volume Boost because I thought the volume overall on my phone was too low. This one gives it quite a boost for those days where you need to blast loud, angry music into your ears.

Thank you! I have my bass back without the scratching!

A damn Android update messed up my phone and I lost all my saved playlists in PowerAmp (!!!!!!), and also my equalizer preset which I made YEARS ago. I could not for the life of me remember what the hell I did to get the music to sound right, plus I got new headphones (Beyerdynamic MMX 102 iE). I just couldn't find the right sound again.

This still doesn't sound like what I had before, but it sounds amazing. The songs have depth now without being to bass'y or tinny. Thanks so much!

EQ is purely subjective - depending on the wild variational quality of speakers, headphones, earphones.. And the quality of the audio. And whether your ears are bunged up with wax.