• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Best battery life rom / mod / apks for Oneplus 3T?

Search This thread

GoMati

Jun 20, 2012
Krakow
Hi guys!

Thought the topic may serve someone when googled someday so I thought about "diverging" from standard Q&A noob thread.

Basically I recently switched from 3T but thought it'll be nice to have it as an additional "standby" device (think of it as spam-device). I'll replace battery (3 years of service is pretty long) and then I am thinking what ROMs / MODs or APPS would be best to prioritize battery life. I was initially thinking about obvious: installing fresh rom then there's Franco Kernel (which I can underclock in it's dedicated app), keeping screen low, disabling GPS and other services that drain battery etc.

But maybe there's something better? I remember for galaxy s6 there was this "extra simple" mode that made phone last days but could be disabled if needed, maybe there's something that you can recommend?

Have an awesome one!

lapirado

Aug 25, 2015
Hi guys!

Thought the topic may serve someone when googled someday so I thought about "diverging" from standard Q&A noob thread.

Basically I recently switched from 3T but thought it'll be nice to have it as an additional "standby" device (think of it as spam-device). I'll replace battery (3 years of service is pretty long) and then I am thinking what ROMs / MODs or APPS would be best to prioritize battery life. I was initially thinking about obvious: installing fresh rom then there's Franco Kernel (which I can underclock in it's dedicated app), keeping screen low, disabling GPS and other services that drain battery etc.

But maybe there's something better? I remember for galaxy s6 there was this "extra simple" mode that made phone last days but could be disabled if needed, maybe there's something that you can recommend?

Have an awesome one!
Some A11 roms are bringing extreme battery saver. That should help a lot (the rom that im using now has it - octavios).