Best Battery Life

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
A screen this big, be it amoled or else, will sure consume more than your op5 and my op5t. However, 66% is impressive, I rarely get above 50, so I guess you like to push your brightness more than I do ^^
Sorry how is a screen using power whilst it's off??

It should be 0-1%

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Sure, if you reduce everything to a minimum... ^^
No absolutely not.

Don't put words in my mouth, you've no idea what you're talking about or what I do with my phone to attain such SOT

Last edited:

Ferrantes

Jan 5, 2021
Sorry how is a screen using power whilst it's off??

It should be 0-1%

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

No absolutely not.

Don't put words in my mouth, you've no idea what you're talking about or what I do with my phone to attain such SOT
Hello my friend, I would like to ask you for information. On an 8 Pro, I am a "" "pro" "" user for various tweaking of stock OS settings. So, all kinds of battery optimizations found in written guides and videos on You Tube I know by heart. However, I wanted to ask you from your experience, some advice on how to increase the duration. Just in general, the best settings and best setups that have really turned you in on battery optimization. Thank you in advance

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Hello my friend, I would like to ask you for information. On an 8 Pro, I am a "" "pro" "" user for various tweaking of stock OS settings. So, all kinds of battery optimizations found in written guides and videos on You Tube I know by heart. However, I wanted to ask you from your experience, some advice on how to increase the duration. Just in general, the best settings and best setups that have really turned you in on battery optimization. Thank you in advance
This is something i wrote in standby drain a few months back.

I'm also using the 8 pro.

Change 5G to 4G
Remove Facebook use web based
Remove Facebook messenger use web based
Remove Twitter use web based
Remove any ad based apps pay for the pro version
Turn off gestures like lift to wake
Change from QHD to FHD (No difference)
Allow auto brightness
Turn off WiFi overnight
Turn all updates to manual not auto (play store)
Remove any so you don't use
Change back up to once a month (WhatsApp)
Turn off location history (Google)
Use titanium to remove any system apps you don't need
Don't allow anonymous usage statistics for any app ever.
Don't allow tracking cookies on any website
Use adaway (root needed)
Don't open web pages in Google app (I use Samsung browser)
Don't use xposed.
If you game you will not get high SOT scores, period.
Don't bother with battery saving apps or monitoring apps.
Streamline your apps, if you don't use it, remove it.
Don't allow WiFi scanning (as in letting other apps use it when it's not on)
Never allow personalised ads.
Never allow notifications from websites
Always decline cookies unless your absolutely have to allow some tracking (common sense prevails here)
Optimise as many apps as possible unless it affects performance.
Don't allow apps to remain open in the notification area.
Change your launcher, my preferred launcher is lawn chair and this did actually burn up some battery when compared to the OnePlus launcher.
Don't use live widgets (yes they look cool, but they annihilate your battery)
Live wallpaper, again very cool, but battery burners.
Again! Don't charge overnight, make a note of your percentage then see what it is in the morning, you shouldn't be losing more than 5% really, if you've done well then it'll be reflected here, the good SOT results will follow.
Turn off live read outs of network speed, RAM usage in the status bar.
Turn off NFC unless in use.
Leave location on in quick settings.

Don't overcharge your phone, IE: overnight
Don't allow your phone to fully deplete the battery.

Whatever anyone says, this does 100% damage batteries, there is no argument here and I won't entertain anyone who says otherwise, Ive seen through real life tests what this results in, bloated, inefficient, possibly dangerous lithium batteries.

Keep your phone out the sun.
Keep it out of extreme cold.
Keep your device clean dust free.

Snapchat, Viber, house party, apps like that tends to use more battery as they don't have great dormancy periods.

Apps like speed test by Ookla tend to have location tracking, similarly they tend to turn themselves on and off when they feel like it, my advice, install test and uninstall.

Allow a couple of battery cycles between tweaking sets, to give you an idea of how much of a difference you've made.

Use BBS to see what is being used, once you've removed problems, remove BBS.

I've just written this from the top of my head so o probably missed some things, the general idea is to keep your device clean and fresh, remove files you don't need any more.

Keep an eye on apps that misbehave or aren't wanted, index your folders so they aren't a mess.

The more good things you do means the more potentially bad apps you can have on your phone, eg if you really need Facebook, you could keep it so long as you clean up other areas of your phone.

Good luck.

Ferrantes

Jan 5, 2021
What sort and overnight drain are you getting at the moment?

First of all, thank you so much for the very long message, and all these absurd advice. Really, thank you very much for all this attention.

That said, thank you again, again. I have read all the tips point by point. And I have some things to ask you, I'll go for points like this to be sorted.

Of all the points I did not know only 7. Of these 7 I tried them, and I found improvements. By now I am sensitive to the battery, even a slight improvement I notice. Let's say I started from a good condition though. At night, I lose 3% battery on average, (Use in Airplane Mode).

The app that turned me the most was the one to block advertising for all apps and the whole system. Really amazing. However, I would like you to explain better what the following point means; "Change back up to once a month (WhatsApp)"

"Use titanium to remove any system apps you don't need." Which system app can I remove safely?

battery saving apps or monitoring apps, are they not needed? Quite right? (never had on the phone)

Reactions: dladz

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
First of all, thank you so much for the very long message, and all these absurd advice. Really, thank you very much for all this attention.

That said, thank you again, again. I have read all the tips point by point. And I have some things to ask you, I'll go for points like this to be sorted.

Of all the points I did not know only 7. Of these 7 I tried them, and I found improvements. By now I am sensitive to the battery, even a slight improvement I notice. Let's say I started from a good condition though. At night, I lose 3% battery on average, (Use in Airplane Mode).

The app that turned me the most was the one to block advertising for all apps and the whole system. Really amazing. However, I would like you to explain better what the following point means; "Change back up to once a month (WhatsApp)"

"Use titanium to remove any system apps you don't need." Which system app can I remove safely?

battery saving apps or monitoring apps, are they not needed? Quite right? (never had on the phone)
More than welcome mate.

If your go to chats in WhatsApp you can alter your back up frequency (attached image)

Battery saving apps - I've never used them for very long and the ones I did had an adverse effect which I ended up removing like Greenify, there was an app a few years back called autostarts which actually changed the criteria of when apps will open and that did have a positive effect but sadly it doesn't work as it used to I think because of how Android has evolved, so at this point I wouldn't bother with any active battery saving apps, maybe underclock your cpu a bit, I've reduced my max CPU speeds by 100Hz on each core and the 1st clusters minimum to 300Mhz as the stock is 614MHz.

Titanium and removing apps, that's a whole different story.

The vast majority of apps you don't need to remove and the ones I'd kill are the likes of bloatware like Netflix, Facebook, messenger, Google movies, Google news, Google books.

There will be others but I couldn't be certain without looking into it. Best way to set it something is going to go wrong is to freeze it but just be wary that this can cause issues too.

Attachments

Philippe.47

Jan 11, 2021
This is something i wrote in standby drain a few months back.

I'm also using the 8 pro.

Change 5G to 4G
Remove Facebook use web based
Remove Facebook messenger use web based
Remove Twitter use web based
Remove any ad based apps pay for the pro version
Turn off gestures like lift to wake
Change from QHD to FHD (No difference)
Allow auto brightness
Turn off WiFi overnight
Turn all updates to manual not auto (play store)
Remove any so you don't use
Change back up to once a month (WhatsApp)
Turn off location history (Google)
Use titanium to remove any system apps you don't need
Don't allow anonymous usage statistics for any app ever.
Don't allow tracking cookies on any website
Use adaway (root needed)
Don't open web pages in Google app (I use Samsung browser)
Don't use xposed.
If you game you will not get high SOT scores, period.
Don't bother with battery saving apps or monitoring apps.
Streamline your apps, if you don't use it, remove it.
Don't allow WiFi scanning (as in letting other apps use it when it's not on)
Never allow personalised ads.
Never allow notifications from websites
Always decline cookies unless your absolutely have to allow some tracking (common sense prevails here)
Optimise as many apps as possible unless it affects performance.
Don't allow apps to remain open in the notification area.
Change your launcher, my preferred launcher is lawn chair and this did actually burn up some battery when compared to the OnePlus launcher.
Don't use live widgets (yes they look cool, but they annihilate your battery)
Live wallpaper, again very cool, but battery burners.
Again! Don't charge overnight, make a note of your percentage then see what it is in the morning, you shouldn't be losing more than 5% really, if you've done well then it'll be reflected here, the good SOT results will follow.
Turn off live read outs of network speed, RAM usage in the status bar.
Turn off NFC unless in use.
Leave location on in quick settings.

Don't overcharge your phone, IE: overnight
Don't allow your phone to fully deplete the battery.

Whatever anyone says, this does 100% damage batteries, there is no argument here and I won't entertain anyone who says otherwise, Ive seen through real life tests what this results in, bloated, inefficient, possibly dangerous lithium batteries.

Keep your phone out the sun.
Keep it out of extreme cold.
Keep your device clean dust free.

Snapchat, Viber, house party, apps like that tends to use more battery as they don't have great dormancy periods.

Apps like speed test by Ookla tend to have location tracking, similarly they tend to turn themselves on and off when they feel like it, my advice, install test and uninstall.

Allow a couple of battery cycles between tweaking sets, to give you an idea of how much of a difference you've made.

Use BBS to see what is being used, once you've removed problems, remove BBS.

I've just written this from the top of my head so o probably missed some things, the general idea is to keep your device clean and fresh, remove files you don't need any more.

Keep an eye on apps that misbehave or aren't wanted, index your folders so they aren't a mess.

The more good things you do means the more potentially bad apps you can have on your phone, eg if you really need Facebook, you could keep it so long as you clean up other areas of your phone.

Good luck.
Really big thanks to your guide ,my battery life has really improved and is now getting 9h30mins with 1h gaming ,really impressive.previously with omega kernel and nolimits im getting about 7-8 hours ,now it's even better

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Really big thanks to your guide ,my battery life has really improved and is now getting 9h30mins with 1h gaming ,really impressive.previously with omega kernel and nolimits im getting about 7-8 hours ,now it's even better
You're very welcome. Glad to help.

That's crazy battery life lol.

Also try to see what you're getting overnight.

I tend to reset the battery stats in ex kernel when I'm able to put my phone down for the night then see what cpu states have been used overnight.

Should be mostly the lowest.

Ferrantes

Jan 5, 2021
More than welcome mate.

If your go to chats in WhatsApp you can alter your back up frequency (attached image)

Battery saving apps - I've never used them for very long and the ones I did had an adverse effect which I ended up removing like Greenify, there was an app a few years back called autostarts which actually changed the criteria of when apps will open and that did have a positive effect but sadly it doesn't work as it used to I think because of how Android has evolved, so at this point I wouldn't bother with any active battery saving apps, maybe underclock your cpu a bit, I've reduced my max CPU speeds by 100Hz on each core and the 1st clusters minimum to 300Mhz as the stock is 614MHz.

Titanium and removing apps, that's a whole different story.

The vast majority of apps you don't need to remove and the ones I'd kill are the likes of bloatware like Netflix, Facebook, messenger, Google movies, Google news, Google books.

There will be others but I couldn't be certain without looking into it. Best way to set it something is going to go wrong is to freeze it but just be wary that this can cause issues too.
I do not know how to thank you. Thanks again !! ❤

Smittyzz

Sep 16, 2011
My time to shine here
8 pro
Screen on time is always around 7h give or take
Screen @120hz Qhd *510DPI* Brightness around 80 give or take.
WiFi on 24/7
Bluetooth on 24/7 Bluetooth usually connected 5 or so hours of the 7
Verizon in sim slot one Atnt in slot 2 (at work **** service with verizon at home **** with atnt so it's kinda always fighting week signal
Youtube/tiktok 5 hours or so usually with Pandora in the background when I'm not on my phone I have my music going
Dark mode enabled with darq forcing Facebook and everything else that doesn't go black black
I have island running with a bunch of double apps one being messenger..
Only connected to volte 4g for both sims.

I work third shift so I see this about every night

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
My time to shine here
8 pro
Screen on time is always around 7h give or take
Screen @120hz Qhd *510DPI* Brightness around 80 give or take.
WiFi on 24/7
Bluetooth on 24/7 Bluetooth usually connected 5 or so hours of the 7
Verizon in sim slot one Atnt in slot 2 (at work **** service with verizon at home **** with atnt so it's kinda always fighting week signal
Youtube/tiktok 5 hours or so usually with Pandora in the background when I'm not on my phone I have my music going
Dark mode enabled with darq forcing Facebook and everything else that doesn't go black black
I have island running with a bunch of double apps one being messenger..
Only connected to volte 4g for both sims.

I work third shift so I see this about every night
Not bad for QHD and 2 Sims tbh mate.

Nice

Reactions: Smittyzz

Smittyzz

Sep 16, 2011
Not bad for QHD and 2 Sims tbh mate.

Nice
I feel that way myself! I've got 200 apps installed from the play store too 🤣🤣
I use about 10 of then but you never know when I might find time and need a game 🤣🤣🤣

I was having serious restart issues before I installed one kernel that fixed it for me omega kernal
I'm at 2h4m with 70 percent left now,

I also do alot of video recording and uploading big files to youtube as well these seem to eat my battery quick

It took a month to get happy coming from my 7 pro

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
I feel that way myself! I've got 200 apps installed from the play store too 🤣🤣
I use about 10 of then but you never know when I might find time and need a game 🤣🤣🤣

I was having serious restart issues before I installed one kernel that fixed it for me omega kernal
I'm at 2h4m with 70 percent left now,

I also do alot of video recording and uploading big files to youtube as well these seem to eat my battery quick

It took a month to get happy coming from my 7 pro
Aye it seems to learn as time goes on.

I've found optimising apps helps a fair bit.

Reactions: Smittyzz

Smittyzz

Sep 16, 2011
Aye it seems to learn as time goes on.

I've found optimising apps helps a fair bit.
Everything that's used is optimized but Pandora as it will close it down in the background. Everting in island(to force messenger to have chat heads) is greenified aside from the messenger app is locked from closing to stop it from auto updating(you'd have to read my post)
I'm happy with everything but the camera I feel they did worse compaired to the 7 pro

Smittyzz

Sep 16, 2011
Haven't ever touched the GPU, not sure it clocks up unless you are using 3D applications.

Let us know
I am keeping it at 400mhz
I changed it in ex kernal and there's a little bit of a noticable difference in animation with tiktok running in the background I change the min frequency it can run at to 400 and it stays at that

(My 7 pro just feels overall snappier in the animation aspect even with youtube or tiktok playing videos the Facebook chat heads show it the most) not that bad just noticable for me
Aside from that this is most likely looking to be my personal best batter life 🤌🏻🔥
Currently at hospital baby boy born 2 days ago 🖤

Attachments

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
I am keeping it at 400mhz
I changed it in ex kernal and there's a little bit of a noticable difference in animation with tiktok running in the background I change the min frequency it can run at to 400 and it stays at that

(My 7 pro just feels overall snappier in the animation aspect even with youtube or tiktok playing videos the Facebook chat heads show it the most) not that bad just noticable for me
Aside from that this is most likely looking to be my personal best batter life 🤌🏻🔥
Currently at hospital baby boy born 2 days ago 🖤
Really? Your 7pro runs snappier than the 8pro?

I didn't get the 7 but I wish I had. It looked epic.

Only thing I can think of is perhaps resolution/ratio/OS

Maybe one of them

Smittyzz

Sep 16, 2011
Really? Your 7pro runs snappier than the 8pro?

I didn't get the 7 but I wish I had. It looked epic.

Only thing I can think of is perhaps resolution/ratio/OS

Maybe one of them
I think it's partly due to me running an older messenger app to force the older chat heads but yea I could do a side by side video they are neck and neck with near everything but the 8 pro renders data alot faster
The 7pro lacks data speeds hard but I like the slight snappiness it has with the camera compared to the 8
It's not much like I'm talking maybe 2 or 3 frames slower
I do have my dpi set to 510 along with the screen maxed so that could be but I think it's messenger app along with just Android 11 compaired to 10 being so rock solid on the 7
7h 54 min at 6% left not bad new best for sure