• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Best browser?

Search This thread

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Brave. Near bulletproof.
Nothing ever crashed it other than rarely needing to close that page. Never had a download breach from it. That's how some of those nasty trojan preloaders can bypass security download settings.
That happened once with the Samsung browser, fortunately I picked it off before it could get it's payload download.
Malware scripted jpeg out there too and they will screw up any folder they are put into if you download one.
Always keep an eye on the tempory* download folder... vett everything before moving it to your database.

*keep it small, either discard downloads or add them to your database. That makes management much easier especially when there's a problem. Rare but it can happen🤣

ComputerTech312

Jul 9, 2021
Brave. Near bulletproof.
Nothing ever crashed it other than rarely needing to close that page. Never had a download breach from it. That's how some of those nasty trojan preloaders can bypass security download settings.
That happened once with the Samsung browser, fortunately I picked it off before it could get it's payload download.
Malware scripted jpeg out there too and they will screw up any folder they are put into if you download one.
Always keep an eye on the tempory* download folder... vett everything before moving it to your database.

*keep it small, either discard downloads or add them to your database. That makes management much easier especially when there's a problem. Rare but it can happen🤣
I shall go try it :D

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
It's leaves a white panel at the top in landscape mode when watching vids on my setup (Pie).
Stupid glitch does it with global dark mode enabled. So I use the Samsung browser for streaming.
You can't hard copy backup bookmarks in Brave so I use ColorNote for all bookmarks now.
Screw that cloud crap...

For browsing Brave is my favorite though. It's ad blocking is excellent and near effortless. Easy to change js, cookie and cross site tracking, and fingerprinting settings. You can lock a website down if you need to with no added plugins.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung browser is the best. On my tablet (android 6) running chrome and any other app slows down both. So I just kicked it and went to Samsung browser. It also darkens website.
Yeah it drives up battery usage like that. I like it but it lacks the security of Brave.
It doesn't support as many open tabs either.
In Brave I have 78 open now, no problem... power browser. It's only uses about 7% @ hr battery.

Reactions: TheDoctor46

Top Liked Posts