Best Buy

Search This thread

diamond12

Nov 7, 2012
Los Angeles
I pre-oredred the black titanium AT&T on 6/2. I got 2 emails yesterday, one that said it was delayed with a new pick up date of 6/2 (obviously an error), and one that said I could pick it up today. I went to pick it up today but they were not giving me the $100 gift card because of the "Best Buy may require an existing line of service to receive a new 2-year plan" clause. I'm not even with AT&T, I'm with Cricket. So I cancelled the pick-up, the guy had already processed it but said he would cancel it; let's see what happens.

tourbound129

Jun 15, 2010
I pre-oredred the black titanium AT&T on 6/2. I got 2 emails yesterday, one that said it was delayed with a new pick up date of 6/2 (obviously an error), and one that said I could pick it up today. I went to pick it up today but they were not giving me the $100 gift card because of the "Best Buy may require an existing line of service to receive a new 2-year plan" clause. I'm not even with AT&T, I'm with Cricket. So I cancelled the pick-up, the guy had already processed it but said he would cancel it; let's see what happens.

I think the gift card is tied to the activation because that's how best buy makes money.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Im just gonna go buy it at the Sprint store efff BB

Are you buying it full price?

netjack

Jul 28, 2012
I'm getting no email updates from BB. Could that be because I ordered in the store and not online? I only have one email acknowledging my original order.

centran

Jan 8, 2010
So bestbuy had my preorder but they had a slight bait and switch but I think it works in my favor.

The rest of this post refers to Sprint Plans so read on if you want or a mod can just delete it if they want since this is the LG G4 forum but it relates to my purchase soooo....

I wanted to do the $25 sprintpay and being on the $60 unlimited that brings my monthly bill to $85 and I own the phone and the phone cost me $600.
Bestbuy has a special phone plan with the same features/addons as the $60 plan but is $55. However, I can not get the sprintpay on that plan and it is lease only for 2 years at $18(which actually turns out to be $19.60.
So with the new plan I do not own the phone and have to pay $200 at the end of the lease to own it so you can add an additional $8.33 over the course of 2 years bringing the lease up to almost $28 a month which means the phone cost $672 BUT my monthly after factoring in paying for the phone so you own it would be $83 a month.
So going with the Best Buy plan I saved a whopping $2 a month and I am not sure if it is worth it since technially the phone is owned by Sprint and I have no clue if there are any other gotcha's on this plan. They assured me after the phone is payed off the plan remains at $55 but I'm not sure if that is correct. There is a an "addon" now on my plan that is titled MRC non discountable. I wonder if that will cause me issues in the future. Anyone know anything more about these Best Buy One plans and if I just got bait and switched?

UPDATE: The first gotcha is that sprint no longer can do certain things to your account like activate phones. You must go through best buy or switch back to a sprint controlled plan... I wonder what else I will discover with this "deal"

Last edited:

Mr.Miyagi555

Jun 10, 2012
guys I'm confused. i preordered the G4 from BB (sprint carrier). i went in today to pick it up and 5 bb employees kept pressuring me to do the lease as they have a special promotion. they said it qas around $18. xx a month for 2 years to lease but they will give me $18.00 a month credit so my bill will only be 22 cents a month on top of my family plan with unlimited data that i already had. can someone tell me if there is some kind of catch? should i go back tomorrow and but the phone outright for $199 w/2 year upgrade? they told me its alot cheaper if i go with the lease vs 2 yr because sprint will tack on 10$ to my family plan a month extra. i asked what was the $10 for and they weren't sure. are they dicking me around? i feel like i should go back tomorrow and get the regular 2 year contract instead of the lease. any advice?

centran

Jan 8, 2010
guys I'm confused. i preordered the G4 from BB (sprint carrier). i went in today to pick it up and 5 bb employees kept pressuring me to do the lease as they have a special promotion. they said it qas around $18. xx a month for 2 years to lease but they will give me $18.00 a month credit so my bill will only be 22 cents a month on top of my family plan with unlimited data that i already had. can someone tell me if there is some kind of catch? should i go back tomorrow and but the phone outright for $199 w/2 year upgrade? they told me its alot cheaper if i go with the lease vs 2 yr because sprint will tack on 10$ to my family plan a month extra. i asked what was the $10 for and they weren't sure. are they dicking me around? i feel like i should go back tomorrow and get the regular 2 year contract instead of the lease. any advice?

Please read my post above as I explained the same situation as you are in. I am trying to find out more information about it. Like I said above... figuring in all the costs and discounts and the cost of buying the phone outright at the end of the lease I am saving a whopping $2 a month. I am not 100% if it is worth it because I am sure there are catches. Here is one big catch I just discovered. I tried to activate my old phone because I don't have time right now to setup my new one the way I like it. SPRINT CAN NOT ACTIVATE ANY PHONES under the best buy one plan. I just got done talking with a sprint service rep. You are now tied to best buy and any changes that don't involve switching back to a sprint controlled plan involves dealing with best buy. This includes activating phones.

Also note that the $18 a month is not a credit it is a CHARGE per month to lease... they may have been working the numbers to see how much you actually save and that is where your confusion comes from. Also note it is NOT $18 it is $19.70 because you pay tax. They will not show you the lease contract and try to get you to sign the digital pad that does not contain that information. They say $18 but it is NOT it is $19.60. Be aware.

That all being said... I am saving $2 a month after running the numbers but I am locked into Best Buy and locked into Sprint owning my phone since it is a lease(you can pay $200 after the lease to fully own it so please keep that in your calculations which works to an additional $8.33 a month for 2 years into anything you are trying to add up).

Hope that helps.

fgcchevy

May 1, 2010
Center Hill
I went June 3rd as my email said ready for pickup. They said not till launch day after keeping me waiting for an hour. I asked specifically twice I'll get the gift card when I pick it up as the flyer in the store and online states. Manager said yes twice.

I waited till yesterday June 4th went in at noon. Stood at mobile desk from noon till 1 hearing about the sales people's night last night. What they were doing this weekend and how this one girls boyfriend has to be doing something behind her back. Finally got around to me.

After 40 minutes looking for the phone they say there is a problem with their system generating gift cards. Not really my problem. She insisted I sign the paper saying I picked it up. I said no not until I have the phone and gift card.

30 minutes later the "mobile sales manager" after I asked for a manager for 20 minutes to tell me it will be in email format within 14 days of picking up the phone.

I said no its not what I was told by csr the day before... A Manger the day before... Not what I'm reading right here where it says when you pick it up you'll get the gift card.

He said it would be in you email disclaimer. So I showed him. He said he can't do anything about it.

In the end I canceled the order but they still charged me as the original girl with her outside of work problems already rang it out. So now waiting for a refund and was told via Twitter and in store how it's disclosed about the 14 day wait period.

I didn't go to Best buy for 6 to 7 years.... Now I remember why.

I had the same exact issue! I preordered 5 phones, only got 1 gift card, said the rest would be emailed to me within 2 hours. I left the store after 3 hours, then waited a few hours. I call customer service and they tell me 14 days, wtf? So now I just have to wait I guess. I sent an email, let's see what that gets me, smh

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BaTtLaNgL6767

tourbound129

Jun 15, 2010
I had the same exact issue! I preordered 5 phones, only got 1 gift card, said the rest would be emailed to me within 2 hours. I left the store after 3 hours, then waited a few hours. I call customer service and they tell me 14 days, wtf? So now I just have to wait I guess. I sent an email, let's see what that gets me, smh

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Thanks doesn't seem right. I bought 2 phones today and walked out with a gift card for each one.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

I have had so many conversations with Sprint about leasing my head was spinning at one time.

The lease is great but only if you plan to keep the phone the full 2 years. If you switch phones yearly like i do, it's not a good option.

Here's why...the credit you are getting is a loyalty credit for having an older plan. If you try to get out of that lease early, not only will you be charged the remaining lease payments and the buy it payment ($200), but they will also go back and back charge you all the loyalty credits you have received so far. This was straight out of a managers mouth at customer retention department ( yeah, i almost left Sprint because CSRs kept giving me different answers to the same question).
Now, i didn't reverify this info because i was tired of talking to Sprint and just decided on easy pay.

fatboypup

Jul 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
www.myspace.com
I wasnt about to be no fboi today

Attachments

• 1433556508312.jpg
    1433556508312.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 238
Reactions: tourbound129

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just wanted to clarify. I went back to BestBuy today and refunded the lease crap. I got the 2 year contract and walked out paying S116.xx for the phone. The manager told me i wasnt able to use the $100 giftcard for sprint because something? but the girl that was helping me applied it and i only ended up paying the 116.xx after taxes. Pretty happy with the plastic back too, Its not bad at all.

Now login the BB.com add the missing RZ points and boom a $25 certificate
    I hope its there tomorrow
    I got an emailed saying they were delayed. And then like 90 minutes later an email saying pickup was ready. But no matter, I cancelled to do the leather version direct with Verizon which ended up cheaper.

I tried the Verizon store route, but they didn't have any of the leather ones on hand. I paid full retail price to keep my unlimited data plan.

Called Best Buy support yesterday to see where my phone was, and the rep was saying it was "on hold for release." I tried going into the store at noon to see if it was in, and the two people I talked to didn't have a clue. A half hour after leaving the store, I got the email saying my phone was ready for pick up.

Go all the way back to Best Buy, and the person I talked to this time, said the phone wasn't being released until today, the 5th. I asked him why I received the email, and why on the website it showed I could Pick Up today. His response, "that is just a glitch in the system, and he is not authorized to release the phone until he gets the okay from LG."

After suppressing a meltdown, I, as calmly as I could, asked him to show me where it is saying June 5th. He pulls it up (Sprint and AT&T variants), "see right there." I told him to scroll down to the Verizon ones, and I pointed out that it wasn't displaying the same thing. So, after he makes some calls, and walks around the store for 20 minutes, he magically finds the phone.

Then, another 30 minutes of getting the $100 gift card issue worked out, since I wasn't activating the phone at the store. Thankfully, the 5th person of the day handling it was able to make it happen. I had to "return" the phone, and re-purchase in order to get it.

After wasting about 4 hours of my life trying to get this phone (my credit card company initally rejected the online purchase), would have been better off paying the extra $36 at Verizon (full retail is at $549, versus Best Buy's $609). I actually tried pre-ordering the black leather one through Verizon, but I was unable to, even after calling Verizon directly (system error whenever they tried completing the purchase).

/end rant
    I was at the mall here in Tempe and best buy has them in stock for all 4 majors here.
    It originally said 6/5 on my preorder.
    I was told they should be getting some Wednesday night in my area if there's no issues.
    That would be awesome. I think my pre-order for BB said 6/12 originally but I do hope I am wrong. They just charged my credit card last night so hopefully it will be ready for pick-up today.

Edit: Just received the confirmation email my G4 is ready for pickup now. :highfive:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone