• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Best call recorder? (UK)

Search This thread

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
I'm aware some regions have call recording as an option however in the UK this isn't automatically possible.

Can anyone recommend a good call recorder?

Even better if the stock Google dialer could be modded to allow this!

Update: seems this does the trick!

Worked for me, had to force close and reopen the dialer a couple times. Also auto-record doesn't seem to work or no way to set it.

Yet to properly test it out, especially silencing the call recording notification...

Last edited:

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
I've always had the best luck with https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.github.axet.callrecorder/

Note: use version 1.7.13, not 1.7.14.

Although the developer has not really done a great job maintaining it for Android 11 or newer, it still works for the most part.

And note that it has to be installed as a privileged application to work, i.e., /system/priv-app/. There is a magisk module that does this with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm aware some regions have call recording as an option however in the UK this isn't automatically possible.

Can anyone recommend a good call recorder?

Even better if the stock Google dialer could be modded to allow this!

Update: seems this does the trick!

Worked for me, had to force close and reopen the dialer a couple times. Also auto-record doesn't seem to work or no way to set it.

Yet to properly test it out, especially silencing the call recording notification...
    I've always had the best luck with https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.github.axet.callrecorder/

Note: use version 1.7.13, not 1.7.14.

Although the developer has not really done a great job maintaining it for Android 11 or newer, it still works for the most part.

And note that it has to be installed as a privileged application to work, i.e., /system/priv-app/. There is a magisk module that does this with it.