• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Best Camera App

Search This thread

enigmatik33

Dec 28, 2007
Just got my Nexus 6 a few weeks ago to replace my old Samsung Note 2, got it rooted and loving it but missing a few features from the Note 2 camera, especially the blue, green, and red/yellow point shooting options. Tried nearly all the mentioned cameras but non have this option, closest I've seen is in Camera MX where you can adjust a slider to single out a colour but it takes time and the Samsung was quicker. Anyone seen an app with this option?

FedericoUY

Dec 7, 2013
Uruguay
Hi. Had purchased some time ago the snap camera app. After seeing some people give a good rating to proshot, I gave it a try. After trying some pics at light day, I decided to purchase that app. Well, both snap camera and google stock takes almost same pics at daylight but the thing is, at night with little to no light (parties), proshot is a COMPLETE DISASTER, just a waste of time. Flash lights like 4 times, pics get saved with blurry focus, etc. Proshot is good only with light, and even in this scenario, it will fail sometimes and give no pictures (all white or with errors). I've tried all apps here mentioned, and besides g stock camera, theres no chance to get a better app than snap camera for low light pictures. Hope it helps. Cheers.

chico_droid

Dec 14, 2015
I use "A Better Camera" it's $3.99 on the playstore for pro version but the pro version is free on Amazon underground.

Sent from my Z791G using XDA Free mobile app

Fuse8499

Jul 4, 2009
No complaints here. The UI is great. I think it takes better photos than Google Camera and it was free dropped down from $8. Thanks for pointing that out!

Reactions: chico_droid

chico_droid

Dec 14, 2015
Which device are you using? What megapixel is your camera?

Sent from my Z791G using XDA Free mobile app

chico_droid

Dec 14, 2015
Yes this was taken on my nexus 6 with low light. You might try switching to single shot and make sure the flash is on.

Sent from my Blu Studio 6 using XDA free mobile app

dryfy

Jan 3, 2016
I like Open Camera, it's open source and ad free, and takes great pictures.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

G

GuestK00193

yesterday i came across an app called "Cameringo" on playstore and the pro version has slow-mow! aside from bunch of great effects the quality on medium light (which o tested) is slightly better than stock which is amazing. already bought the pro version and im very happy about it.

tdetroit

Sep 17, 2008
Detroit, MI
yesterday i came across an app called "Cameringo" on playstore and the pro version has slow-mow! aside from bunch of great effects the quality on medium light (which o tested) is slightly better than stock which is amazing. already bought the pro version and im very happy about it.

Yup, Cameringo is pretty badass. I've had it for a year or so when I still had my Note3. Cameringo, CameraMX, and Manual Camera are my Go-To Cams.

bigsnack

Feb 5, 2011
I'm hearing good things about the camera in the latest Huawei Emotion devices. It might be interesting to try?

bigsnack

Feb 5, 2011
I was looking for a port the other day, but could not locate it. I thought maybe people here may know where I can find it.

mexiken

Apr 2, 2008
Los Angeles
The S6 and G4 have software that really softens and "beautifies" shots. Is there any app that is similar that works for the N6????

Meowington Cat

Nov 24, 2014
I use OnePlus camera for quick shots its in the themes/apps section of the forum its one of the quickest loading and has a snappy burst fire. Z Camera and Line Camera both have good editing software, a bunch of filters, good looking interfaces, and Line Camera has snapchat-like live augmentation, all of these features are the most important things for me.

If you're not a photographer and you just like to take dumb pictures of you and your friends I recommend one of those two and OnePlus for quick snaps using your power doubletap feature. I use OnePlus and Line Camera myself, since Line has manual exposure which I'm a fan of.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google camera & manual camera. Gets the job completely done. No need for anything else.

Sent from my Nexus 6
    What is everyone using these days besides Google Camera? Is there anything new on the horizon to look out for?
    The best if you ask me :)
    camera-fv-5-1-06-android.jpg

Source:
    Website
    Google Play
    I'll check out manual camera. Do you just use it for specialty shots?

I do yes, and for the RAW .DNG files.

Sent from my Nexus 6
    What is everyone using these days besides Google Camera? Is there anything new on the horizon to look out for?

Look up the HTC camera in the nexus 6 forums (somewhere). It's a great camera!