• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Best case for Tab S7+?

Search This thread

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
Portland, OR
After months of wrangling with the IRS to get the 3rd stimulus payment that was owed to me, today i bought a Tab S7+ 512GB direct from Samsung. It's not due to arrive until the 4th of next month.

But since this is such an expensive beast, of course i'm already thinking about how to protect it from damage.

I prefer a hardshell case to prevent damage to the body. But protecting the screen is important too.

I'd like something that has the protection of a shell, but with something for the screen too, like a cover. I'm just not certain that a tempered glass protector will be enough to prevent scratches/cracks.

Unfortunately there isnt an Otterbox for the Tab S7+, only for the Tab S7. It's the 1st thing i looked for. Right now i'm considering the Spigen ToughArmor.

Either way, i'm looking for opinions. I've been wanting this tab for quite awhile now.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
Portland, OR
Well, what I'm really looking for is a hard shell case, but with a flip cover that closes over the screen. I would still have tempered glass on the screen, but i feel like a screen cover would provide additional protection. I'm not convinced that the official Samsung case will be tough enough.

I just picked up my Tab S7+ today. But I'm holding off on using it outside my apartment, until i at least have a case.

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
Portland, OR
I just bought this hard outer shell case from Amazon:

TomToc EVA case

I was looking for something that would protect the screen when I'm not using it. With room for accessories like power brick, cables, bluetooth keyboard/earbuds. As soon as i saw it, i knew it was the one. There's another case like it on Amazon that's basically a clone, has nearly the same interior/exterior design, and costs less. However, some reviewers mentioned that it was lower quality, which explains the lower price.

This case is for 12.9" iPads, but the Tab S7+ was mentioned in the description. 1 person asked if it would work for our tab, answer was yes. And a reviewer said he was using it with our tab too. That was enough for me.

I wont really know how good this is until i get it, but i'm confident i made the right choice for my needs. I still plan to get an actual hardshell case for the tab itself, for when I'm using it outside this EVA case.

I have yet to buy a tempered glass screen protector, i need something that wont interfere with the fingerprint sensor.

Edit: i also just now bought the SupCase Unicorn Beetle Pro hardshell case. It was down to that, or the Spigen ToughArmor case. Amazon Prime says i should have it by the end of today. I'm going to try to make a quick trip to a shop this afternoon, to see if i can get a tempered glass screen protector installed. But i dont want it interfering with fingerprint sensor, and whatever i get must be compatible with a hard case.

I'm just really eager to get this beast fully protected, so i can use it away from home. I'll be using it foremost as a work device, but also for gaming.

Last edited:

tin2404

So far best one I bought, but it is expensive.I have "tested " it on Adriatic Sea and it is quite durable.They said water proof but I didn't have courage to drawn it.But I forgot it on table outside while rain starts and nothing of water gets inside.Body is mixture of hard plastic and rubber all around also there is screen protector made in one piece with front.There are a 2 clamps which holds pen so impossible to detach it coincidently.It does have premium feel despite its robustness.Very solid and compact product

Screenshot_20210806-114923_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210806-114952_eBay.jpg

Last edited:

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
Portland, OR
@tin2404: that's the case i bought. I already have it, but havent put it on the tab yet. It looks nice and durable though. I'd rather not put it on the tab just yet, it's best to put a screen protector on first.

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
Portland, OR
@tin2404: which screen protector do you use? Does the case interfere with it? Does your fingerprint sensor work when the protector is on? I cant even get it to work at all, despite multiple attempts. I can add a fingerprint, but cant use it to unlock. This is without a protector installed.

adrian.jamit

Sep 21, 2015
i
So far best one I bought, but it is expensive.I have "tested " it on Adriatic Sea and it is quite durable.They said water proof but I didn't have courage to drawn it.But I forgot it on table outside while rain starts and nothing of water gets inside.Body is mixture of hard plastic and rubber all around also there is screen protector made in one piece with front.There are a 2 clamps which holds pen so impossible to detach it coincidently.It does have premium feel despite its robustness.Very solid and compact product

View attachment 5385137View attachment 5385139
is it possible to remove the built in SP & put a glass SP instead? I'm worried the glass SP might come loose at the edges after installing the case