best cases for Huawei P9

Search This thread

TG09

Sep 27, 2010
Wellington
Depends on the type of case you want.

I just received 2 more cases, total of 3, and I love this case: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172258598399
It is leather but very luxurious, about £15.80. Only one thing is the bottom side slightly open.

Cheers I will take a look. Wont be using Ebay, cost of getting it delivered to NZ is expensive. I will look on Aliexpress, also after a full screen protector. The glass one I got the other day, does not fill the whole screen.

Akinaro

Sep 14, 2013
... The glass one I got the other day, does not fill the whole screen.

Actually none of available screen protectors cover whole screen of devices with rounded edges(2.5D screens). Especially glass one. Some of them cover bigger area but still its not edge-to-edge.

And its not only P9 problem, but all devices with such screen. I found only few screen protectors that cover whole screen from edge to edge, but they are not actually so "protective", they are made from really thin plastic-like material that look really bad and feel like it could fall of really easily. It cover screen almost perfectly... but its not worth to use it.

As for case for P9... I use cheapest semi-transparent dark gel case I could find... and Im happy with it more than with leather one that I had.
Why?
It dont make phone bulky. Phone with it still have about 8mm thickness. and look nice.
It dont make phone look like wallet or some ugly block of leather/plastic that you need to open every time you want to use it.
Semi-transparent dark version look really nice and still show some details of P9 that should be visible(after all its damn good looking device)
Its cheap to replace(1-2 Euro)
And because its gel case, it have more material in corners so in case of drop, it will absorb impact without damaging phone.

So keep it simple, keep it safe.

Reactions: TG09

edmun

Jan 3, 2007
Birmingham
After long looking after a case, I have decided to use the Spigen one. Had problems to get it in UK due to some delays and constantly seeing "out of stock" info everywhere I was looking for, so I have ordered one in Poland and had it delivered same time as I had a family visit:

p9_rugged_armor_title_1024x1024.jpg

So far, after using it for 2 months, I am more than happy :)

P.S. Was looking after this one, but couldn't get it anywhere:

valkyrie-runic-shield-case-640x427.png

austriker27

Feb 2, 2010
I love the spigen case. It's soft to the touch so it's not slippery but also a hard shell for protection. The edges are perfectly chambered to fit in the hand and there's a lip to protect the screen when it's face down

Highly recommend the spigen case to any P9 users! It might be one of my fave cases ever

[email protected]

Jan 28, 2012
I am using element case solace..pretty much satisfied with the finish and the construction of the case very good..I am coupled my p9 with xone extreme screen protector..so far really satisfied with it..

netaccs

Oct 26, 2012
Hello.
I am looking for very thin case. I don't like silicone, flip cases.
Prefer to be plastic or some more premium material.
What do you think about those:
1, 2 and 3

Nate91

Apr 17, 2012
Hello.
I am looking for very thin case. I don't like silicone, flip cases.
Prefer to be plastic or some more premium material.
What do you think about those:
1, 2 and 3

I feel you :D. Bought the #2, the matte style, it's very nice, quite thin, but the anti-slip matte coating is wearing off ... Now I am waiting for this one , the thinnest I could find. It should be here soon (I hope). If you wish, I can report back.

pauramos

Jun 14, 2017
I feel you :D. Bought the #2, the matte style, it's very nice, quite thin, but the anti-slip matte coating is wearing off ... Now I am waiting for this one , the thinnest I could find. It should be here soon (I hope). If you wish, I can report back.

Have you received it already? How was it mate?

Sent from my HUAWEI EVA-L19 using XDA Labs

Nate91

Apr 17, 2012
Yeah, recieved. I use it daily, now. It is sleek with average grip. But it could be a problem if you drop your phone a lot :D. So far I dropped it once from about 30 cm and no scratches anywhere. But I love the feel, practically no bulk added.

chudy_85

Jul 26, 2011
some where in europe
Hi all.

I buy this case on wish and pay only 2$ with delivery to me. This case it's very slim and its something like rubber + plastic. I wait 1 month but it's not cheap and look and feel very nice. Look on photosIMG_20180119_220400.jpgIMG_20180119_220426.jpgIMG_20180119_220623.jpgIMG_20180119_220645.jpg

topimax

Nov 23, 2010

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I currently use a leather back cover case:

Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Del...ei-P9-5-2-Inch-Pierre-Cardin/32696459668.html

Where did you buy that? I got the ordinary glass screen protector and it's crap because it doesn't fully protect whole of the screen.
    from here my friend

Full Cover Anti-Explosion 9H 2.5D Tempered Glass For Huawei P9 EVA-L09 EVA-L19 EVA-L29 Nillkin Amazing CP Screen Protector Film
    http://s.aliexpress.com/mUBriQvQ
    This thread is not dedicated to any specific case , this for any case you want to share your experience with it.

For me after trying too many cases , expensive from known brands and cheap ones , I found this case from Ali express "Original MSVII Coque For Huawei Ascend P9 "
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...32693283790.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.oOgFaQ

Perfectly designed for the P9 , very sleek design ,comfortable , too much light and slim ,and too many colors to choose from . I highly recommend this case for protection and design . I choose the fashion black one , look amazing with my grey P9 , now my phone totally black and sexy .
    and it is only 4.5 $ .
    This my feedback for this case , check other feedbacks from the link above , it take 5 stars ( 4.9 out of 5 ) from 136 feedbacks

these some pictures for the case

HTB1V.bBKFXXXXceaXXXq6xXFXXXA.jpg

HTB1Y1vTKFXXXXcVXpXXq6xXFXXXj.jpg

HTB1KKLUKFXXXXbBXpXXq6xXFXXXu.jpg

HTB1hk60KFXXXXXzXpXXq6xXFXXXh.jpg

HTB1mwzWKFXXXXbBXpXXq6xXFXXXw.jpg

HTB1BMPRKFXXXXaQXFXXq6xXFXXX0.jpg

HTB1.K2RKFXXXXa1XFXXq6xXFXXXA.jpg

HTB1.RPBKFXXXXbNaXXXq6xXFXXXM.jpg

HTB1iCnzKFXXXXXBapXXq6xXFXXX2.jpg

HTB1xuzWKFXXXXbxXpXXq6xXFXXXx.jpg

HTB1nPn1KFXXXXXeXpXXq6xXFXXXv.jpg

HTB1JjHvKFXXXXcAapXXq6xXFXXXA.jpg

HTB1rIzYKFXXXXXWXpXXq6xXFXXXT.jpg

Please share experience with your preferred case
    best combo for me,this case along with this screen protector
    I went with this one and so far it's working fine..
    I actually did the "o ****, flying phone' the other day and it bounced and not a scratch in it and no cracks on the screen or cover..so it's proved it's worth already..

The kick is handy but I also find that helps with holding the phone in one hand..

Also I use charging dock during the day and it works fine with those too..

0dd7e98633a170641d428223e1bdf250.jpg

be17c074f15143b411f8b53456b22a74.jpg

Charging dock used..

21f814d16064dc2be063ea3c88bfcbe1.jpg

094c394c0978fb62ccb33c5c71251ca2.jpg

ab1e7e7f466a08db6904ac969de6c7f5.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    ... The glass one I got the other day, does not fill the whole screen.

Actually none of available screen protectors cover whole screen of devices with rounded edges(2.5D screens). Especially glass one. Some of them cover bigger area but still its not edge-to-edge.

And its not only P9 problem, but all devices with such screen. I found only few screen protectors that cover whole screen from edge to edge, but they are not actually so "protective", they are made from really thin plastic-like material that look really bad and feel like it could fall of really easily. It cover screen almost perfectly... but its not worth to use it.

As for case for P9... I use cheapest semi-transparent dark gel case I could find... and Im happy with it more than with leather one that I had.
    Why?
    It dont make phone bulky. Phone with it still have about 8mm thickness. and look nice.
    It dont make phone look like wallet or some ugly block of leather/plastic that you need to open every time you want to use it.
    Semi-transparent dark version look really nice and still show some details of P9 that should be visible(after all its damn good looking device)
    Its cheap to replace(1-2 Euro)
    And because its gel case, it have more material in corners so in case of drop, it will absorb impact without damaging phone.

So keep it simple, keep it safe.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone