Best charger and cable for Pixel 2 XL

Search This thread

lupoalberto12

Dec 27, 2010
Naples
www.lupoalberto12.it
Hi.
I read some different ticket and opinions for a good charger for Pixel 2 XL but, at the end, which are the better cables and chargers for this phone?
In Italy we cannot find the original charger and I need anotherone.
Thanks.
Regards.
Bye!
! :) !

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member

lupoalberto12

Dec 27, 2010
Naples
www.lupoalberto12.it
Hello friends, I bought a new Pixel 2 XL behind a seller, the same sent an OEM charger sold at Amazon. Some users commend, and others speak poorly. I plan on paying $ 35 and buy the official charger directly from the Google store. I do not think of paying for an Aukey or Choetech at the moment. Despite being great chargers, compatible with PD 18w. Is this Type C Type C cable from Google that comes with the charger good? I visualized type C 3.1 cables with certification recommended by a Google engineer, plus the cable itself of the company do not know if it is good.

About the OEM loader that I have, it would be the one according to the link ..

Google USB-C Charging Rapidly Charger for 2nd & 3rd Gen Pixel devices (18W 3A Charger + 3 Foot USB-C, C-C Cable) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MR7M2I5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_OLC9BbGQMCT3N

PacoBell

Sep 12, 2006
The Google OEM charger is probably the best USB PD charger for this phone. It definitely supports the 9V profile needed to quick charge the P2XL. Don't get too excited, though. You'll never see anything close to 18W of charge. It's capped at ~10.5W at the phone, supposedly to eke out a little more longevity from the battery. I measured it myself with an inline USB-C power meter. Who knows if this is actually effective? OnePlus certainly doesn't seem to care about increasing current draw. They've charged at 5V@4A since the OnePlus 3 and I haven't heard any reports of premature battery degradation yet.

kismetmookz

May 10, 2012
Milan
Bro i live in italy too. Any 9v charger will do. And for cables. Buy aukey from amazon. Hehe.. I have lots of type of cables tho.

Ciao