• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Best charger/wattage for best battery life span

Search This thread

Vaizen

Dec 24, 2011
Bogotá
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Hello people I recently acquired my 11t pro and I know that the 120w charging, first it's amazing, but second it's kind of concerning to think that such a charging speed might not wear down the battery life even though Xiaomi claims 800 cycles and a bunch of certifications.

So I've decided to only use 120w on hasty situations or while traveling, etc. And I happen to have different xiaomi chargers.

The question is which do you think is the best wattage or charger to make battery life span longer 22.5w or 33w?

(wish I had the 67w from the 11t, but unfortunately I don't)

Andrologic

Apr 29, 2016
Huawei Nexus 6P
Huawei Mate 20 X
You're correct. Fast charging is poison for battery lifespan, of course the device makers love that because $. As low and slow as possible is the way to go, 18-25 W as a good trade off I would say. Some, including myself go even lower.

Reactions: Vaizen

Vaizen

Dec 24, 2011
Bogotá
Xiaomi 11T Pro
yeah,I haven't tested the 11t pro but with a redmi note 9 using a samsung note 9 charger it looked like the redmi wasn't getting any charge up. So that low is good?

Doktor-X

Sep 5, 2012
OnePlus 2
Im charging mine with standard 5v 2A (its slow, but i thing battery will have better life down the line) since im planning to use my phone for 4-5 years minimum (last phone oneplus 2 was in use 6 years)

Vaizen

Dec 24, 2011
Bogotá
Xiaomi 11T Pro

Vaizen

Dec 24, 2011
Bogotá
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Well just as an addition I've tested several chargers with different wattages and these are the results in terms of time:

Samsung 10w - 2h:40min ±
Xiaomi 18w - 1h 30min ±
Xiaomi 22.5w - 1h 05min ±
Xiaomi 33w - 50 min ±
Xiaomi 120w 17 min at least for me.

Charging from around 10 to 100%

Jaistah

May 12, 2013
I use a 33W charger from my K30 Pro Zoom. I charge from 20% remaining to 90% in 30 mins. Probably 45 mins if totally drained but never have to wait for an hour to fully charge. I only use 120W during business trips or Out of town.

By the way, your cord needs to match the type of Charger you are using or you'll just end up with a bottle neck charging.

nousernamesorry

Feb 15, 2016
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I think the best option would be 65W, either mi charger or anker. Im currently using anker 65w charger, and oh my god, im getting a beautiful battery life of upto 8 hours sot on heavy usage. And by heavy usage i mean, streaming, maps.

With heavy games as well, its a bit lower. But charging with 120W affects the battery negatively. And i think it doesnt charge it completely even though it shows 100%.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I use a 33W charger from my K30 Pro Zoom. I charge from 20% remaining to 90% in 30 mins. Probably 45 mins if totally drained but never have to wait for an hour to fully charge. I only use 120W during business trips or Out of town.

By the way, your cord needs to match the type of Charger you are using or you'll just end up with a bottle neck charging.
    You're correct. Fast charging is poison for battery lifespan, of course the device makers love that because $. As low and slow as possible is the way to go, 18-25 W as a good trade off I would say. Some, including myself go even lower.