• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Best custom rom for Mi A2 lite

Search This thread
Apr 11, 2021
1.Which is the fastest, smoothie,bettery saving custom rom for Mi A2 lite?

2.Which is the fastest, smoothie,well optimised(ram management aslo) custom rom for Mi A2 lite?

Please help me and thanks in advance.

pufpufpuf

Apr 19, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
I went through several custom ROMs and ended at Android 10 crDroid. Even though most custom ROM devs now switched to Android 11 (R) development, from my experience the R ROMs are still too new and too buggy for daily use. A custom ROM probably won't help you save much battery, but for RAM management, you'll see massive improvements given how terrible it is on stock.

Jul 17, 2012
I went through several custom ROMs and ended at Android 10 crDroid. Even though most custom ROM devs now switched to Android 11 (R) development, from my experience the R ROMs are still too new and too buggy for daily use. A custom ROM probably won't help you save much battery, but for RAM management, you'll see massive improvements given how terrible it is on stock.
How different is the battery life on custom ROMs in comparison to stock?

Kaimilo

what are you using for camera? i have problems with the regular app and some special, work good but also fail a lot

pufpufpuf

Apr 19, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite

Glazami

Dec 2, 2020
Syberia os

fast system, but it has its own problems as in other custom firmwares. As I understand it, no custom firmware developer is able to fix some bugs due to the fact that some bugs are found on absolutely all firmware for several versions of android in a row.

twisteros

Dec 16, 2014

I used Android 10 crDroid. More than often the bottom navigation bar became unresponsive. Real show stopper for me.

Reactions: shak33l

ojcu

Apr 11, 2016
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Nokia 5.4
What's the situation now? I realised that the phone is no longer getting security updates which is not great. I haven't flashed custom in years, but I remember it was a bother to get banking apps working. Is it still a problem? What's the most reliable and secure custom out there?

user-001

What's the situation now? I realised that the phone is no longer getting security updates which is not great. I haven't flashed custom in years, but I remember it was a bother to get banking apps working. Is it still a problem? What's the most reliable and secure custom out there?

Almost all of the custom ROM available for Mi A2 lite is very stable and bugless. Ram management was never a problem in custom ROMs and battery life provided by customs is very near to stock ROM ( keep in mind the battery is very old).

Banking apps should work fine. But it also depends upon the app itself. You can pass safety net and app requiring only safety net should work fine.

ojcu

Apr 11, 2016
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Nokia 5.4
Almost all of the custom ROM available for Mi A2 lite is very stable and bugless. Ram management was never a problem in custom ROMs and battery life provided by customs is very near to stock ROM ( keep in mind the battery is very old).

Banking apps should work fine. But it also depends upon the app itself. You can pass safety net and app requiring only safety net should work fine.
Do you need Magisk for safety net? I remember I had to do that with my old LG G4.
Which of ROMs is best when it comes to security updates?

user-001

I know I'm being a pain, but which one, considering my questions, would you recommend?
Thanks 👍
There isn't a "best", your experience will determine which is the best for you. I have tried POSP, arrow, crDroid 7 and all of them are very stable and up-to-date. They differ only in customizations and such. Search what do you want and see the specific features of each ROM.

Battery life and stability cannot be compared across users and different ROMs. You can choose any one of the ROMs, all of then are very good for daily usage.

Reactions: ojcu

IkkeZelf1000

Dec 15, 2016
OnePlus One
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
There isn't a "best", your experience will determine which is the best for you. I have tried POSP, arrow, crDroid 7 and all of them are very stable and up-to-date. They differ only in customizations and such. Search what do you want and see the specific features of each ROM.

Battery life and stability cannot be compared across users and different ROMs. You can choose any one of the ROMs, all of then are very good for daily usage.
Have you been able to get Android Auto running on any of those ROM's? I tried a couple of ROM's a year ago but AA never worked except on stock (which is no longer updated as we know).

Top Liked Posts