• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Best custom rom for stability?

Search This thread

sanijsnj

@sanijsnj thanks for sharing your experience.
Just one question: do you still get OTA updates for Xiaomi.eu or do you need always to flash it for updates?
you dont get OTA updates... but can download the whole zip file of updated rom...and dirty flash it.... clearing only dalvik/cache after...

you only need to clear data/factory reset when going from stock miui rom to EU rom...

EDIT: there's also an updater app in the rom which checks and let's you download updates zips easier... The zips files are the same one you would find on xiaomi.eu uploads website and are around 3gb.... When the updater app finishes downloading the zip file... You just need to reboot to twrp recovery and flash the zip.. Clearing only cache/dalvik afterwards... Don't need to clear data

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-27-01-38-56-233_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-27-01-38-56-233_com.android.updater.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_2021-08-27-02-07-22-771_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-27-02-07-22-771_com.android.updater.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2021-08-27-02-08-18-529_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-27-02-08-18-529_com.android.updater.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2021-08-27-02-26-33-921_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-27-02-26-33-921_com.android.updater.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Yeah not clear for me. I'm not that smart as you are.

How?
Well, it may or may not be your intention. For example

You could write
Yeah not clear for me. How?

But you chose to include another line
I'm not that smart as you are

You are already passively doing so.

The way I wrote was still too simplified in that reply, so you didn't get what I want to know from you. This is art of communication I'm lacking to let you understand in short sentence.

I should even write it more in detail rather than how you said to remove that sentence.

Like this:
Yeah not clear for me when you said my first reply in this thread is mocking others. In other words, I'm not that smart as you are to understand what you felt is mocking others. If you don't tell me I don't understand.

How did my first reply mock others?

Maybe that sentence is not needed from your point of view, but is needed for me.

Jul 17, 2009
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Flashed Xiaomi.eu a few days ago and so far, this is what I can report:
  • Overall experience is such as "wow, so much fluid and smooth"
  • No ads
  • No need to debloat, as it comes with minimal apps installed
  • Better battery management when using 120Hz (more battery!)
  • Still access to stock camera and other MIUI features
So far, so good.
I don't regret a second, moving from stock to Xiaomi.eu and I recommend it.

Probably there is out there other good ROM's for sure, but it is just my opinion about Xiaomi.eu :)

yajdintaydemir

Nov 18, 2018
  • No ads
So far, so good.

Probably there is out there other good ROM's for sure, but it is just my opinion about Xiaomi.eu :)
How is the RAM management? In the stock miui rom it was too aggressive, killing apps i was using.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm more willing to go for Xiaomi.eu, but I would like to hear other users' experiences too.
    can't go wrong with it.... I've been using it for 5 days now.. you wouldn't even notice its custom rom until you check "My device" in settings...
    -it comes with MIUI dialer which enables call recording... (which was kinda important for me)
    -no ads.... all bloatware removed...
    -some stock 'MI apps" (files/email/music/video app) can be disabled (I strongly suggest not to root uninstall them if you don't want issues with future updates)
    -minimal preloaded google apps (can be installed from store if needed)
    -can be updated easily with a dirty flash from what I read from the website
    -also chances of having bugs are minimal since it's basically the same rom as stock miui rom

NOTE: first boot takes a while after flash...be patient....if its more than 15minutes...then its a bootloop. Mine took like 7minutes for initial boot; it will be laggy during the first hour of use as its processing stuff in background....but after that performance should be back to normal

Screenshot_2021-08-02-23-52-04-967_com.android.settings.jpg
    If You dont play games and want a stabile room go for Arrow OS ,If you want customization go for dot Os ,Cr droid.
    • No ads
    So far, so good.

As long as ROMs keeps get updates, there's always chance getting bugs or issues when update, so there's no "Best custom rom for stability".

Don't update if the ROM is working well makes the ROM stable.

The most stable ROM is the ROM that don't get updates. Everything is always the same. Bug is the same, issue is the same, security vulnerabilities are still there. So stable :p.
    Last but not least, you are not the only user and I do appreciate if you don't ridicule others' users feedbacks just because you don't have issue yourself. This statement also apply to @pl1992aw.

Ha ha ha I'm tagged.

I'm not sure which part you thought ridicules other users' feedbacks.

Maybe this part?
    The most stable ROM is the ROM that don't get updates. Everything is always the same. Bug is the same, issue is the same, security vulnerabilities are still there. So stable :p.

This part is mainly talking about updates of anything in general.

Example: Windows 7.

Windows 7 don't get updates anymore. Everything is always the same. Bug is the same, issue is the same, security vulnerabilities are still there. So stable.

When one updates from Windows 7 to Windows 10, there's many compatibility issues and many complaint from users.

So is Windows 7 not stable? It's still stable as it is and nothing changed.
    So is Windows 10 not stable? It's still stable as Microsoft keeps fixing it and update it, but never Best stable, never exist.

Is it forced to update Windows 10 from Windows 7? Yeah maybe when it just came out, but not now. You can choose not to update. Some banking ATM is even still using Windows XP because of compatibility issues, but they also take the risk of vulnerabilities and bugs.

Is Windows the Best OS on the market? Well, maybe, at least from the coverage; maybe not, there's still whole bunch of complaint every time there's update.

What's the whole point? The whole point is that this kind of topic is dynamic.
    1. When there's update with issues, "This ROM is bad".
    2. When there's update that fix all the pre-existing issues, "This ROM is good".
    3. When the new update brings other issues alongside with patch of pre-existing issues, "This ROM is bad".

Question - This ROM is good or bad?
    Answer - Subjective and dynamic.

Be prepared with updates. This also applies to MIUI. How's the opinion when people update from MIUI 12.0 to MIUI 12.5? Why do you quit using MIUI?

I do appreciate if you respect one another users' positive feedbacks just because you don't have positive feedbacks.