Question Best custom rom for stability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

yajdintaydemir

Nov 18, 2018
Hello there, i recently unlocked my bootloader and i'm ready leave MIUI for good. Therefore i was wondering which custom rom is the most useful for my personal use.

I rarely play games and the ones i play are light-weight and not demanding games. I usually browse social media and watch movies.
I don't need many extra features, stability is the most important thing for me.

So i'm looking for a ROM that's close to stock android with a few nice features, that's stable and hopefully battery-efficient.
Thanks in advance.

Jul 17, 2009
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I have the same user profile as you: looking for a stable ROM, with OTA updates.
So far as I've read the internet out there, most people go for Xiaomi.eu (for MIUI like experience) or ArrowOS (for a more pure Android experience).

But, of course, there's plenty of other options.
I'm more willing to go for Xiaomi.eu, but I would like to hear other users' experiences too.

Reactions: yajdintaydemir

pcjabuy

Jul 10, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
我和你有相同的用户资料:寻找一个稳定的 ROM,有 OTA 更新。
就我在互联网上的阅读而言,大多数人会选择小米.eu(为了类似 MIUI 的体验)或 ArrowOS(为了更纯粹的 Android 体验)。

但是,当然,还有很多其他选择。
我更愿意去小米.eu,但我也想听听其他用户的体验。
Crdroid is the best choice.

kd276

Jun 14, 2021
Hello there, i recently unlocked my bootloader and i'm ready leave MIUI for good. Therefore i was wondering which custom rom is the most useful for my personal use.

I rarely play games and the ones i play are light-weight and not demanding games. I usually browse social media and watch movies.
I don't need many extra features, stability is the most important thing for me.

So i'm looking for a ROM that's close to stock android with a few nice features, that's stable and hopefully battery-efficient.
Thanks in advance.
ArrowOS version 07-09-2021 in the best one regarding smoothness and stabilty, however latest builds (from 07-23-2021 included) aren't good, scaling governor was changed for the worst, and since they switch from stock to their own vendor it have some relevant bugs.

tl:dr: ArrowOS 07-09-2021 build, both official or vanilla. Also LineageOS once it will become official can be a good choice.

Last edited:
I have the same user profile as you: looking for a stable ROM, with OTA updates.
So far as I've read the internet out there, most people go for Xiaomi.eu (for MIUI like experience) or ArrowOS (for a more pure Android experience).

But, of course, there's plenty of other options.
I'm more willing to go for Xiaomi.eu, but I would like to hear other users' experiences too.
My phone comes with Xiaomi EU , and is not grate ,you can go if you want but is the same ****t experience from MIUI ,go for Dot or arrow because MIUI EU is not good .
Edit: is very heavy 5.2GB and not good for games ,and has a very resorce consuming UI .

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
ArrowOS get worse with every OTAs so no, I won't recommend ArrowOS for now.

LineageOS as listed in its thread has its bug and with only one OTA so far, I can't judge if is good long run yet but with my past experience using it on other phones, it has been great. Still, those are by different maintainers so only time can tell.

k3lcior

Feb 23, 2011
Kraków
Moto G5
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I have 0 issues with ArrowOS no idea what are you people talking about. If about the CPU governor scaling it's intended and i dont see any issue with it, battery life is about the same and it's more fluid. Furthermore it's only matter of time and every custom ROM will be based on OSS vendor so better get used to it.
Can you explain how exactly it gets worse with every OTA?

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
As long as ROMs keeps get updates, there's always chance getting bugs or issues when update, so there's no "Best custom rom for stability".

Don't update if the ROM is working well makes the ROM stable.

The most stable ROM is the ROM that don't get updates. Everything is always the same. Bug is the same, issue is the same, security vulnerabilities are still there. So stable :p.

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
I have 0 issues with ArrowOS no idea what are you people talking about. If about the CPU governor scaling it's intended and i dont see any issue with it, battery life is about the same and it's more fluid. Furthermore it's only matter of time and every custom ROM will be based on OSS vendor so better get used to it.
Can you explain how exactly it gets worse with every OTA?

Personally, I am a power user and the first problem I encountered is how difficult to install Viper4AndriodFX on ArrowOS and only to learn that the "sound feature" is in conflict with it. Most roms don't have such "feature" and when I report such feature is in conflict with other sounds apps, they simply reply "not my problem". Imagine microsoft telling you drivers not working on windows because of a "feature" isn't their problem.

Now, moving on to my first OTA, not the scaling update but the one before that. The first problem I notice is it broke one of my google app, I had to reinstall and reboot 3 times to get it working again. I also do root my phone, if is not obvious enough from the previous paragraph. While the ota did reinstall the magisk but that's that. My bank apps and whatever apps stop working (detecting root) even though it was fine before OTA. Fortunately, google app start updating plenty of apps (not the banks ones), I don't know which apps are the main culprit but it start working again. Now that's a problem, do I have to reinstall all the apps every time I do OTA?

Now, moving on to the previous OTA, the scaling update one. You say is intended but with my experience so far, I call that bs, more like when they syncing with kernel source, they replace the value from that kernel source. Furthermore, "governor" exist for a reason and if you gonna interfere with the job of "governor", why have "governor" in the first place?

Now, looking at the bug reports in ArrowOS page, other device is experiencing "NFC" issues. Now that a big one, I don't know about your country but my country has been utilizing contactless payment for years. While it isn't this device that is bugged but it does worry me.

If you do not have any issues, doesn't mean others don't. It could be just that you don't use your phone extensively like others or you not a power user. Last but not least, you are not the only user and I do appreciate if you don't ridicule others' users feedbacks just because you don't have issue yourself. This statement also apply to @pl1992aw.

k3lcior

Feb 23, 2011
Kraków
Moto G5
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
All your "issues" (except CPU governor which is not issue or a bug) you have mentioned are related to third party mods (Viper4Android and Magisk specifically).
Also FYI - NFC and Gpay works without Magisk, i use it daily with 5 different banking apps (Nest, Santander, Paypal, Revolut and Gpay). So maybe next time before you blame the ROM try using it without mods?

Also you just discovered why majority of devs ignore bug reports coming from users which are using mods, including ArrowOS. https://blog.arrowos.net/how-to-report-a-bug/

WHAT NOT to report!​

• Bugs which are present in unofficial builds or anything that is nit downloaded from our official download server.
  • Asking about device support, unlocking bootloader, getting TWRP installed and similar queries are not encouraged.
  • Bugs on a device which has root priveleges from SuperSU, Magisk, Magisk modules or any other rooting methods that exists etc.
  • Issues which suggest feature requests.
  • Issues which suggest supporting a new device which we do not own.
  • Bugs which arise after replacing default apps.
  • Bugs in devices which occur in third party apps.
  • Bugs in devices we do not support anymore.
  • Bugs in ArrowOS experimental builds.

Last edited:

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Last but not least, you are not the only user and I do appreciate if you don't ridicule others' users feedbacks just because you don't have issue yourself. This statement also apply to @pl1992aw.

Ha ha ha I'm tagged.

I'm not sure which part you thought ridicules other users' feedbacks.

Maybe this part?
The most stable ROM is the ROM that don't get updates. Everything is always the same. Bug is the same, issue is the same, security vulnerabilities are still there. So stable :p.

This part is mainly talking about updates of anything in general.

Example: Windows 7.

Windows 7 don't get updates anymore. Everything is always the same. Bug is the same, issue is the same, security vulnerabilities are still there. So stable.

When one updates from Windows 7 to Windows 10, there's many compatibility issues and many complaint from users.

So is Windows 7 not stable? It's still stable as it is and nothing changed.
So is Windows 10 not stable? It's still stable as Microsoft keeps fixing it and update it, but never Best stable, never exist.

Is it forced to update Windows 10 from Windows 7? Yeah maybe when it just came out, but not now. You can choose not to update. Some banking ATM is even still using Windows XP because of compatibility issues, but they also take the risk of vulnerabilities and bugs.

Is Windows the Best OS on the market? Well, maybe, at least from the coverage; maybe not, there's still whole bunch of complaint every time there's update.

What's the whole point? The whole point is that this kind of topic is dynamic.
  1. When there's update with issues, "This ROM is bad".
  2. When there's update that fix all the pre-existing issues, "This ROM is good".
  3. When the new update brings other issues alongside with patch of pre-existing issues, "This ROM is bad".

Question - This ROM is good or bad?
Answer - Subjective and dynamic.

Be prepared with updates. This also applies to MIUI. How's the opinion when people update from MIUI 12.0 to MIUI 12.5? Why do you quit using MIUI?

I do appreciate if you respect one another users' positive feedbacks just because you don't have positive feedbacks.

Last edited:

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
All your "issues" (except CPU governor which is not issue or a bug) you have mentioned are related to third party mods (Viper4Android and Magisk specifically).
Also FYI - NFC and Gpay works without Magisk, i use it daily with 5 different banking apps (Nest, Santander, Paypal, Revolut and Gpay). So maybe next time before you blame the ROM try using it without mods?

Also you just discovered why majority of devs ignore bug reports coming from users which are using mods, including ArrowOS. https://blog.arrowos.net/how-to-report-a-bug/
Like I have said, you are not a power user or use it extensively like others, your experience is different to others. So, is the power users experience less than that of your experience?

Can you not ridicule other users' experience? Or is your experience more important than others?

Lastly, you seem to selectively read some of things as well.

Ha ha ha I'm tagged.

Maybe this part?

Windows 7 don't get updates anymore. Everything is always the same. Bug is the same, issue is the same, security vulnerabilities are still there. So stable.

When one updates from Windows 7 to Windows 10, there's many compatibility issues and many complaint from users.

So is Windows 10 not stable? It's still stable as Microsoft keeps fixing it and update it, but never Best stable, never exist.

Is it forced to update Windows 10 from Windows 7? Yeah maybe when it just came out, but not now. You can choose not to update. Some banking ATM is even still using Windows XP because of compatibility issues, but they also take the risk of vulnerabilities and bugs.

Is Windows the Best OS on the market? Well, maybe, at least from the coverage; maybe not, there's still whole bunch of complaint every time there's update.

2. When there's update that fix all the pre-existing issues, "This ROM is good".
  3. When the new update brings other issues alongside with patch of pre-existing issues, "This ROM is bad".

Be prepared with updates. This also applies to MIUI. How's the opinion when people update from MIUI 12.0 to MIUI 12.5? Why do you quit using MIUI?

I do appreciate if you take up one another users' positive feedbacks just because you don't have positive feedbacks.
You are mocking others, if that isn't clear enough for you.

Last edited:

sanijsnj

I've been using Havos OS on previous xiaomi redmi 5 plus... and I think its the best out there... (big fan).... buuuut....I always end up finding some minor bug in ASOP/vanilla based custom roms.... and Havoc isn't official yet for the x3 pro.. so I've install Xiaomi.eu rom last week and I guess that the best rom you can get for POCO x3 pro right now...it's basically same as stock miui rom except you dont get all the anoying ads..and will get all the goodies from china based xiaomi rom

Last edited:

sanijsnj

can't go wrong with it.... I've been using it for 5 days now.. you wouldn't even notice its custom rom until you check "My device" in settings...
-it comes with MIUI dialer which enables call recording... (which was kinda important for me)
-no ads.... all bloatware removed...
-some stock 'MI apps" (files/email/music/video app) can be disabled (I strongly suggest not to root uninstall them if you don't want issues with future updates)
-minimal preloaded google apps (can be installed from store if needed)
-can be updated easily with a dirty flash from what I read from the website
-also chances of having bugs are minimal since it's basically the same rom as stock miui rom

NOTE: first boot takes a while after flash...be patient....if its more than 15minutes...then its a bootloop. Mine took like 7minutes for initial boot; it will be laggy during the first hour of use as its processing stuff in background....but after that performance should be back to normal

Screenshot_2021-08-02-23-52-04-967_com.android.settings.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can't go wrong with it.... I've been using it for 5 days now.. you wouldn't even notice its custom rom until you check "My device" in settings...
    -it comes with MIUI dialer which enables call recording... (which was kinda important for me)
    -no ads.... all bloatware removed...
    -some stock 'MI apps" (files/email/music/video app) can be disabled (I strongly suggest not to root uninstall them if you don't want issues with future updates)
    -minimal preloaded google apps (can be installed from store if needed)
    -can be updated easily with a dirty flash from what I read from the website
    -also chances of having bugs are minimal since it's basically the same rom as stock miui rom

NOTE: first boot takes a while after flash...be patient....if its more than 15minutes...then its a bootloop. Mine took like 7minutes for initial boot; it will be laggy during the first hour of use as its processing stuff in background....but after that performance should be back to normal

Screenshot_2021-08-02-23-52-04-967_com.android.settings.jpg
    If You dont play games and want a stabile room go for Arrow OS ,If you want customization go for dot Os ,Cr droid.
    Flashed Xiaomi.eu a few days ago and so far, this is what I can report:
    • Overall experience is such as "wow, so much fluid and smooth"
    • No ads
    • No need to debloat, as it comes with minimal apps installed
    • Better battery management when using 120Hz (more battery!)
    • Still access to stock camera and other MIUI features
    So far, so good.
    I don't regret a second, moving from stock to Xiaomi.eu and I recommend it.

Probably there is out there other good ROM's for sure, but it is just my opinion about Xiaomi.eu :)
    As long as ROMs keeps get updates, there's always chance getting bugs or issues when update, so there's no "Best custom rom for stability".

Don't update if the ROM is working well makes the ROM stable.

Last but not least, you are not the only user and I do appreciate if you don't ridicule others' users feedbacks just because you don't have issue yourself. This statement also apply to @pl1992aw.

Ha ha ha I'm tagged.

Maybe this part?

I do appreciate if you respect one another users' positive feedbacks just because you don't have positive feedbacks.