Best custom Rom - Help needed

Search This thread

may28rv

Dec 31, 2017
Purchased device ( Redmi note 5 ) 3 days back . Unlocked bootloader ,flashed twrp and tried crdroid Oreo rom but got error 7 during installation.

*Which is the best oreo ROM with working Dolby atmos , magisk , camera ?

* How to avoid error 7?If it can be solved by flashing firmware kindly provide link or suggestions .

Edit : Found the best ROM with substratum ,working Dolby atmos.

Last edited:

aikhhk8

Feb 2, 2017
Madhubani
Purchased device ( Redmi note 5 ) 3 days back . Unlocked bootloader ,flashed twrp and tried crdroid Oreo rom but got error 7 during installation.

* How to avoid error 7?If it can be solved by flashing firmware kindly provide link or suggestions .
Lineage 15.1 is best custom ROM by meedjay . Can you explain error 7 a little more .

may28rv

Dec 31, 2017
I tried lineage at first with this device . Got error 7 during installation. Checked XDA threads . Extracted the zip , removed files in meta folder and flashed zip again . flashed successfully . I need substratum support and Dolby atmos.

Got similar error (reference in the screenshot).

Thanks for your reply .

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 622

aikhhk8

Feb 2, 2017
Madhubani
I tried lineage at first with this device . Got error 7 during installation. Checked XDA threads . Extracted the zip , removed files in meta folder and flashed zip again . flashed successfully . I need substratum support and Dolby atmos.

Got similar error (reference in the screenshot).

Thanks for your reply .
This clearly means u have wrong package error 7 refers to when u are flashing ROM that is made for another device . Check out official thread , u can still use substratum themes and mods like Dolby atoms / v4a on stock ROM .

may28rv

Dec 31, 2017
This clearly means u have wrong package error 7 refers to when u are flashing ROM that is made for another device . Check out official thread , u can still use substratum themes and mods like Dolby atoms / v4a on stock ROM .

I'm using redmi note 5 ( made in India ). After unlocking bootloader device model changed to Redmi note 5 plus . Think error may be due to this . Now I'm using cardinal ROM . model changed to redmi note 5. Will try flashing lineage now.

Do you use Dolby in lineage ?

aikhhk8

Feb 2, 2017
Madhubani
I'm using redmi note 5 ( made in India ). After unlocking bootloader device model changed to Redmi note 5 plus . Think error may be due to this . Now I'm using cardinal ROM . model changed to redmi note 5. Will try flashing lineage now.

I have same phone but mine device model is not changed its still Redmi note 5 . In my opinion miui stock ROM is better than any custom ROM . Every ROM is unstable and have lots of bugs . I am using stock ROM not lineage , i use viper4android that is better than dobly . If u rooted via magisk u can install it as a module . Lineage has pre-installed audio FX . I want to know why you want to use custom ROM ?

Reactions: XavierBrian

may28rv

Dec 31, 2017
I have same phone but mine device model is not changed its still Redmi note 5 . In my opinion miui stock ROM is better than any custom ROM . Every ROM is unstable and have lots of bugs . I am using stock ROM not lineage , i use viper4android that is better than dobly . If u rooted via magisk u can install it as a module . Lineage has pre-installed audio FX . I want to know why you want to use custom ROM ?

Yes miui ROM is stable . Theming options are available.

I always use custom ROMs with all my phones . whenever I feel bored I try different ROM.

Yes I know that . I have all magisk modules ( viper, Dolby , YouTube vanced ..etc)

RN5 is my new phone and so don't know much.

emjimadhu

Jan 23, 2012
Salem
emjimadhu.com

Edit : Found the best ROM with substratum ,working Dolby atmos.

One question which is not related to your!! I bought this phone few days back too. Have you unlocked bootloader offical way or unofficial? Can you point me in the right direction for unlocking bootloader and root and twrp?

may28rv

Dec 31, 2017
One question which is not related to your!! I bought this phone few days back too. Have you unlocked bootloader offical way or unofficial? Can you point me in the right direction for unlocking bootloader and root and twrp?

1) Apply for unlocking permissions (Use your mobile number ).

2)Go to developer options and make changes for your bootloader to unlocked - Enable OEM unlock / Bootloader unlock .

3) Once you receive SMS then sign in using ID (mobile number ) and password.

4) Go to find device option in mi cloud and Enable find device .

5) Switch on GPS and locate your device

6) Check your bootloader unlock status. Click on the button and you'll get some error popup.( in Developer Options).

7) Download mi unlock tool . Reboot your phone to bootloader mode and proceed.

Last edited:

emjimadhu

Jan 23, 2012
Salem
emjimadhu.com

2)Go to developer options and make changes for your bootloader to unlocked - Enable OEM unlock / Bootloader unlock .

6) Check your bootloader unlock status. Click on the button and you'll get some error popup.( in Developer Options).

Note :-
-----------

I'm a new MI user and I'm bad in telling stories. Try it and let Me know if it worked .

First when gone into mi site for unlock and clicked unlock button. It didn't gave me any form, it directly gave me "download mi unlock app" and I downloaded it.

2) after turning on unlock OEM and I close the settings app and came back again, it automatically turned off!!

Reactions: may28rv

may28rv

Dec 31, 2017
First when gone into mi site for unlock and clicked unlock button. It didn't gave me any form, it directly gave me "download mi unlock app" and I downloaded it.

2) after turning on unlock OEM and I close the settings app and came back again, it automatically turned off!!

Try again ..Check other forums for solution ;)

droid27

Sep 9, 2016

Although I've been flashing roms the past few years, it's only now I notice there are sound mods available. Silly me. I'm interested in trying one for vince. If I flash any of these will the speaker sound becomes louder and clear? What have you tried and what is the best out of all? Most importantly, is it possible to break the speaker while using any of this?

emjimadhu

Jan 23, 2012
Salem
emjimadhu.com
Although I've been flashing roms the past few years, it's only now I notice there are sound mods available. Silly me. I'm interested in trying one for vince. If I flash any of these will the speaker sound becomes louder and clear? What have you tried and what is the best out of all? Most importantly, is it possible to break the speaker while using any of this?

I've been using Xtreme Music mod for almost two years!! For me it's the best out there!! I love it. You can search in Google Xtreme Music Mod and pick the link "altervista". The thread on XDA was banned cause at the beginning he"was" selling hacked Spotify accounts! And I created 5 different viper4android custom profiles which suites my music taste. But only problem is it won't run on Oreo!! I tried other Oreo sound mods, everything seems to fail at installing viper4android's driver! But below Oreo that sound mod works awesome!!

droid27

Sep 9, 2016
I've been using Xtreme Music mod for almost two years!! For me it's the best out there!! I love it. You can search in Google Xtreme Music Mod and pick the link "altervista". The thread on XDA was banned cause at the beginning he"was" selling hacked Spotify accounts! And I created 5 different viper4android custom profiles which suites my music taste. But only problem is it won't run on Oreo!! I tried other Oreo sound mods, everything seems to fail at installing viper4android's driver! But below Oreo that sound mod works awesome!!

Alright, will look at that. And what's this dolby atmos, arise, divine beats, etc. I keep seeing those. Are they all compatible with our phone on 8.1 roms? And is it possible to break the speaker using these? Most importantly, is it possible to go back to original sound in case I change my mind?

Last edited:

emjimadhu

Jan 23, 2012
Salem
emjimadhu.com
Alright, will look at that. And what's this dolby atmos, arise, divine beats, etc. I keep seeing those. Are they all compatible with our phone on 8.1 roms? And is it possible to break the speaker using these? Most importantly, is it possible to go back to original sound in case I change my mind?

Those are sound mod libraries!! Atmos is one core library which included in other mod libraries like the one I was talking about!! Divine Beats is like Xtreme music mod library!! I don't think it will break your speaker!! Not that I know of!! Even if you take cautious steps it will be better. And yes you can go back to original cause lots of mods provides uninstaller as well. But my advice take a nandroid backup before flashing and flash it back when you need the original sound!! Nope!! I'm in rr 8.1 and I tried Xtreme music, divine Beats and one more other mod. Everything seems to be installed successfully but failed at installing viper4android's drivers,!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Try AEX v5.5 by mdeejay, currently my personal favorite. It's so smooth, good battery life & more customization. https://t.me/vinceroms/287

Note :-
    -----------

I'm a new MI user and I'm bad in telling stories. Try it and let Me know if it worked .

Try again ..Check other forums for solution ;)

Yep I done it! At first I got 360 hours wait and I found a solution for that too. Now I'm using dotos Oreo. And thanks for trying to help.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone